User Tag List

First 1234 Last

Quote Originally Posted by Nancynobullets View Post
    Well this is interesting. Largely you responses are the same, and they are comforting, there is much to be valued in your...values. And I--for the most part--share them.

Beauty? How is beauty a value? I'm going to assume you don't mean it in a shallow sense. But I would kinda like to know why it is a value of yours anyway.
    I think beauty might be a global one, at least to NFPs. I love beauty in nature, in people, in art. And I am big on reality. Why pretend something that isn't beautiful is beautiful? Without contrast there is no concept. But also why focus on the part that isn't beautiful? Just search for the part that is. You can find beauty in almost everything if you look. It's not like you'll be left out .
    Freude, schöner Götterfunken Tochter aus Elysium, Wir betreten feuertrunken, Himmlische, dein Heiligtum! Deine Zauber binden wieder Was die Mode streng geteilt; Alle Menschen werden Brüder, Wo dein sanfter Flügel weilt.

MBTI
    ENFP
    Enneagram

I always feel that hands down, at the bottom of my roots, my soul purpose is simply to find true love. And I mean it. Most people put their values at complex levels, and put life out to be a never ending maze of possibilities, not knowing where to go, or how to rationalize any of it, but I have a feeling that my purpose is to love, and that's it. Nothing more, nothing less..simply to find someone I love in this world, that can love me the same.

By far the best thing in this world, for me, is to love someone else, and I think about it a lot. I feel almost like I'm being closed in a cage, suffocated, when i can't get out and express this love, and I always strive for a cage-free environment, the freedom to love another human being. I can't explain it at all in typing, so i'll leave it at that, I think.
    Is it that by its indefiniteness it shadows forth the heartless voids and immensities of the universe, and thus stabs us from behind with the thought of annihilation, when beholding the white depths of the milky way?

MBTI
    INxx
    Enneagram
    5w4 sx/sp

Quote Originally Posted by noigmn View Post
    I think beauty might be a global one, at least to NFPs. I love beauty in nature, in people, in art. And I am big on reality. Why pretend something that isn't beautiful is beautiful? Without contrast there is no concept. But also why focus on the part that isn't beautiful? Just search for the part that is. You can find beauty in almost everything if you look. It's not like you'll be left out .
    Of course beauty is desirable, it's just strange describing it as a value.

No matter. I understand what you mean by beauty now, though I think some things I find beautifull would appear mundane to you.

Oh, and you may be assuming I am unattractve. I am not.

*Edit* Infact I think I may make a thread on what different people find beautifull.
    I hope I'm wrong, but I believe that he is a fraud, and I think despite all of his rhetoric about being a champion of the working class, it will turn out to be hollow -- Bernie Sanders on Trump

MBTI
    INFJ
    Enneagram

My only value is maximizing my happiness.

MBTI
    INxx
    Enneagram
    5w4 sx/sp

Quote Originally Posted by evan View Post
    My only value is maximizing my happiness.
    That sounds a bit selfish.
    I hope I'm wrong, but I believe that he is a fraud, and I think despite all of his rhetoric about being a champion of the working class, it will turn out to be hollow -- Bernie Sanders on Trump

MBTI
    INFJ
    Enneagram

That sounds a bit selfish.
    Everyone is always selfish.

(Yes! I love this discussion!)

MBTI
    INxx
    Enneagram
    5w4 sx/sp

Everyone is always selfish.

(Yes! I love this discussion!)
    If I like I could pull some idyllic example of someone not being selfish but I'm pretty sure you will have some answer for it.

Perhaps I could point out instead that most of the people who have posted in this thread value selfless behaviour? They do so not for themselves--and do NOT tell me they do it for the warm fuzzy feeling--they do it because they feel it is the right thing to do. Indeed, many of the traits given obviously do not go hand-in-hand with selfishness.

MBTI
    INFJ
    Enneagram

If I like I could pull some idyllic example of someone not being selfish but I'm pretty sure you will have some answer for it.
    I definitely would have some answer for it.

Perhaps I could point out instead that most of the people who have posted in this thread value selfless behaviour?
    So do I, in the unofficial hand-wavey sense of the word.

They do so not for themselves--and do NOT tell me they do it for the warm fuzzy feeling--they do it because they feel it is the right thing to do.
    Same thing.

Indeed, many of the traits given obviously do not go hand-in-hand with selfishness.
    I disagree.

What else can I say?

In the stereotypical way, I'm pretty much the least selfish person I know. I always drop my activities if people call me crying, etc. And I'm that dude that everyone always calls with their issues.

My life goal is to be a therapist.

MBTI
    INxx
    Enneagram
    5w4 sx/sp

My life goal is to be a therapist.

If you only care about yourself why is it you have chosen a career that helps others?

Are you suggesting that you are only after the warm fuzzy feeling, as you believe any empathy on your part would be selfish?

MBTI
    INFJ
    Enneagram

If you only care about yourself why is it you have chosen a career that helps others?

Are you suggesting that you are only after the warm fuzzy feeling, as you believe any empathy on your part would be selfish?
    Yup.

I'm incredibly empathetic. I love people. They are the basis of my life.

Doesn't mean it's not selfish