• You are currently viewing our forum as a guest, which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community, you will have access to additional post topics, communicate privately with other members (PM), view blogs, respond to polls, upload content, and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free, so please join our community today! Just click here to register. You should turn your Ad Blocker off for this site or certain features may not work properly. If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us by clicking here.

[ENFP] Why does our mood plummet??

Wild horses

MBTI Type
ENFP
LOL LOST I just read your other post... manyou are the definition of discipline please can you bottle yourself and send yourself to my address!

LostInNerSpace

MBTI Type
INTP
LOL LOST I just read your other post... manyou are the definition of discipline please can you bottle yourself and send yourself to my address!

No problem. I have to balance the thin line between know-it-all and helpful, or at least I try.

RiderOnTheStorm

E. N.. T... :P
Enneagram
6w7
Instinctual Variant
sx/so
Don't know if this is a type thing but sometimes, well occasionally in actual fact, my mood just simply plummets without warning or reason... what is that?? One minute on a high and the next my insides are dying and because it alters my awareness it seems like I am watching the world die around me too ( I know that technically I am but that is a different thread) Just wondered if this is a type problem or a medical one LOL!!

On a high one minute, then down in the dumps the next. I'm all too familiar. On here you can usually tell my mood by looking at my av :p The amount of smilies in my posts, yada, yada. I project whatever I am feeling into whatever environment I am in. ENFP thing?

As to what causes these sudden changes; for me it's a number of things. Usually environment related, usually. If there are people around me that are in a pissy mood, it's likely to affect me in a negative way and vice versa. I'm also very weather sensitive...stress due to procrastinating and the list goes on D:

Numbers

MBTI Type
INFJ
Diet and exercise has a lot to do with it. Avoid sugary food because your blood sugar level will spike and you will crash. Try to stick to whole grains at small regular intervals throughout the day. Regular exercise also helps because causes the release of endorphins.

Regular exercise has changed my life. If you are having mood problems then I can't recommend it enough. I went from Mr. Melancholy to pretty happy and optimistic due to exercise.

Wild horses

MBTI Type
ENFP
I am very environment effected also its weird... I remember once spending the day with my BF who was incredibly hung over... After some time I came down with a temperature and was throwing up and a little dizzy. This has happened way too many times to be conicidence!

Wild horses

MBTI Type
ENFP
Am deffo going to give it a go does it have to be rigorous?? You are speaking to someone who doesn't run for a bus if she can help it

Domino

ENFJ In Chains
MBTI Type
eNFJ
Enneagram
4w3
Instinctual Variant
sx/so
Don't know if this is a type thing but sometimes, well occasionally in actual fact, my mood just simply plummets without warning or reason... what is that?? One minute on a high and the next my insides are dying and because it alters my awareness it seems like I am watching the world die around me too ( I know that technically I am but that is a different thread) Just wondered if this is a type problem or a medical one LOL!!

No, the medical condition is called NF-ness. I'm a pretty moody person, not that I'm arbitrary or whathaveyou, but being an ENFJ sort of promotes it. I see it as being the flipside of an ISTP who has no emotions :)D I jest...) and I have to cosmically make up for it. ;)

My ENFP twin sister is way less prone to mood shifts, but she can be very moody if something has gotten hold of her that she can't either dismiss or fully cope with.

Wild horses

MBTI Type
ENFP
MM insightful Pink!! What if you are being strangled by that thing but have no idea what it is?? It is hard to be in a war when you don't know who you are fighting right?

Synarch

Once Was
MBTI Type
ENTP
Feelings are insubstantial as mental states go. They are highly variable like the wind. The more you feel the more I would expect your moods to swing based on your energy, your body, and what experiences you have.

Numbers

MBTI Type
INFJ
Am deffo going to give it a go does it have to be rigorous?? You are speaking to someone who doesn't run for a bus if she can help it

I started out easy and worked my way up from there. I think it's best that way.

I've seen other people start out too hard and get discouraged because it actually makes them more tired. Be patient because it sometimes takes as long as SSRI's do to kick in.

LostInNerSpace

MBTI Type
INTP
I am very environment effected also its weird... I remember once spending the day with my BF who was incredibly hung over... After some time I came down with a temperature and was throwing up and a little dizzy. This has happened way too many times to be conicidence!

I heard another ENFP here say she was a "mood animal". Maybe it has to do with your Fi. You internalize other people's feeling.

Wild horses

MBTI Type
ENFP
Yea maybe and the P means we internalize those that are not verbalized? Hence sometimes we are unaware that the process is taking place.

Domino

ENFJ In Chains
MBTI Type
eNFJ
Enneagram
4w3
Instinctual Variant
sx/so
MM insightful Pink!! What if you are being strangled by that thing but have no idea what it is?? It is hard to be in a war when you don't know who you are fighting right?

It's been a bit of trouble with Sis. She's not used to being under the thumb of a "bad" mood. She's been very sad lately, and I know why, but I can't fix it (and my kneejerk is to ALWAYS try and fix it).

I'm variable by nature, and expect to plunged into deep wells off and on during the course of a day whether I outwardly react or not. Sometimes, as you say, you have no idea what sent you over until much later when you have a chance to examine it.

I tend to see injustice, pain, fear etc and somehow absorb it. I'll drop into a dark mood when I feel I can effect no change on the situation.

I also get the feeling sometimes like dealing with people and their emotions is like running through a gun battle, and you're just trying not to get struck, or struck in a really bad spot.

Synarch

Once Was
MBTI Type
ENTP
Go volunteer at an old folks home. Or, call some people who are alone on the holidays. It makes you feel good. Thinking of others is a good way for me to snap out of a dark mood.

Wild horses

MBTI Type
ENFP
Syn, Yea will do! Some great advice you guys :hug:

Yea Pink definately know what you mean about not being used to it.. Iam certainly not a moody person in anyway and so when one does sneak up on me it gets me down usually cos I have not built up a nank of coping strategies!

Domino

ENFJ In Chains
MBTI Type
eNFJ
Enneagram
4w3
Instinctual Variant
sx/so
But that's the problem, Syn. I think about others constantly. It's what causes the roller coaster in the first place.

Synarch

Once Was
MBTI Type
ENTP
But that's the problem, Syn. I think about others constantly. It's what causes the roller coaster in the first place.

Think about them without relation to yourself? Not saying you're wrong. I guess I am just trying to identify ways to get out of your own head.

Domino

ENFJ In Chains
MBTI Type
eNFJ
Enneagram
4w3
Instinctual Variant
sx/so
Think about them without relation to yourself?

Wow. Ah. I don't know how to do that. Heaven knows I have to put forth conscious effort to do it too, but it's like a dolphin having to THINK about breathing. Know what I mean?

Again, something NTs have over me (and my sister too, who can choose her moods more readily than I can... perhaps it's a strength of Ne?).

Not saying you're wrong. I guess I am just trying to identify ways to get out of your own head.

No, I understand. The trick may be helping people in order to make me feel like I'm changing something bad or righting a wrong which in turn would lighten my mood?

Synarch

Once Was
MBTI Type
ENTP
The mind cannot think of two things at once, just like you cannot have two conversations at once (I talked about this last night, as a matter of fact). So, in focusing on others we do something that we can feel good about and we are around people who can teach us and share with us good examples for living.

Wild horses

MBTI Type
ENFP
I am similar to you Pink... I emphathise and so feel the pain of others as if it were my own... Its not something I consciously do it's just what happens when i am around the energy of others or think about them...