• You are currently viewing our forum as a guest, which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community, you will have access to additional post topics, communicate privately with other members (PM), view blogs, respond to polls, upload content, and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free, so please join our community today! Just click here to register. You should turn your Ad Blocker off for this site or certain features may not work properly. If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us by clicking here.

[MBTI General] Would like input on stange statistics . . .

travelinthrough

MBTI Type
INFP
First let me apologize if I'm not posting this in the right place, but I would love to get some input from people who are familiar with personality typing.

I'm INFP am a huge Jason Castro fan. He was the guy with the dreads on American Idol last season.

He has several fan forums, and I am a member of two of them. I recently posted threads in these two forums, asking people to take the online Myers Briggs test and report the results.

These results were fascinating to say the least.

Of the 87 people who took the test - 21% were INFJ 14% INFP 11% ENJF and 3% ENFP - that is almost half - 49% of these people were idealists.

I think this is amazing, especially considering that INFJs are 1% of population and INFPs are maybe 2%. If any of you have any ideas as to why so many Jason fans are INFJ/Ps, I would love to read what you have to say.

redacted

A) I have no idea who Jason Castro is.
B) Self-selecting groups are nothing like random samples
C) People mistype all day long

Salomé

meh
MBTI Type
INTP
Enneagram
5w4
Instinctual Variant
sx/sp
He's an INFP.

NFs are in love with themselves. FACT.

I :heart: him too, btw.

mlittrell

MBTI Type
ENFP
Enneagram
9w1
intersting but i wouldn't look too much into it. im sure 25% of that "50%" population of idealists aren't actually idealists considering, like mentioned above, many people mistype all the time.

cool idea though, giving people the test and such

travelinthrough

MBTI Type
INFP
Thanks for the input everyone. And you may be right; people do mistype themselves all the time. But even so, I thought the percentages of INFJs and INFPs were incredibly high. I would like to think that maybe certain types are more attracted to certain artists/performers than other types. For instance, I can't see many ESTPs loving Jason. I don't think they would "get" him. In fact, other than ISFPs, we have very few Artisans show up in our poll. We also did not have very many rationals - but that isn't surprising since this group is almost all women.

BlueMonday - So you think Jason is INFP. I have gone back and forth with this for awhile. I think he's either INFP or ISFP. Just curious - what makes you think INFP?

For those of you who aren't familiar with him, here's a link to a video of him singing in the American Idol Finale. Check it out . . .

YouTube - American Idol Final Results Show - Jason Castro - Hallelujah

Salomé

meh
MBTI Type
INTP
Enneagram
5w4
Instinctual Variant
sx/sp
BlueMonday - So you think Jason is INFP. I have gone back and forth with this for awhile. I think he's either INFP or ISFP. Just curious - what makes you think INFP?

*shrug* Just strikes me that way, based on others I've known. Impossible to say about S/N without knowing him more intimately. There are other threads on this board discussing it, have a search.

BlueScreen

Fail 2.0
MBTI Type
YMCA
Some things at first made me think ISFP like the overimprovising in songs, the dreads, and the guitar. But his approach when they interviewed him and also how relaxed he is when singing makes me think INFP. He also had an NFP sort of reaction to praise. But the real give away for me was that he talks about stupid things he has done and finds them funny and entertaining in a way only an NFP could. I doubt an ISFP would choose to mention those sorts of things, especially on national TV.

travelinthrough

MBTI Type
INFP
Some things at first made me think ISFP like the overimprovising in songs, the dreads, and the guitar. But his approach when they interviewed him and also how relaxed he is when singing makes me think INFP. He also had an NFP sort of reaction to praise. But the real give away for me was that he talks about stupid things he has done and finds them funny and entertaining in a way only an NFP could. I doubt an ISFP would choose to mention those sorts of things, especially on national TV.

LOL Never really thought about it that way, but it's so true . . . I catch myself doing that too from time to time, and I hate that I do that! :doh:

I met him back in August, and he is truly a sweetheart. He took so much time with his fans, and was very personable.

And Bluemonday - thanks - I'll look for those threads!

King sns

MBTI Type
enfp
Enneagram
6w7
Instinctual Variant
sp/sx
NF's are more likely to take the test, I think...

Darjur

MBTI Type
INTJ
Enneagram
First let me apologize if I'm not posting this in the right place, but I would love to get some input from people who are familiar with personality typing.

I'm INFP am a huge Jason Castro fan. He was the guy with the dreads on American Idol last season.

He has several fan forums, and I am a member of two of them. I recently posted threads in these two forums, asking people to take the online Myers Briggs test and report the results.

These results were fascinating to say the least.

Of the 87 people who took the test - 21% were INFJ 14% INFP 11% ENJF and 3% ENFP - that is almost half - 49% of these people were idealists.

I think this is amazing, especially considering that INFJs are 1% of population and INFPs are maybe 2%. If any of you have any ideas as to why so many Jason fans are INFJ/Ps, I would love to read what you have to say.

Welcome to the internet where the results are skewed.

INTP's/INTJ's are good examples as well. We make up ~2% of the population irl, yet on the net, we probably make up more than 60% of the population online.