User Tag List

123 Last

Results 1 to 10 of 81

  1. #1
    Senior Member
    Join Date
    Nov 2008
    MBTI
    INFJ
    Posts
    260

    Default theory about Fe & Fi

    This might be old news for you, and correct me if I'm wrong. But, in theory, would Fi be the ones that want to reciev love (meaning: feeling loved) and Fe the ones that wants to give (meaning: appreciate others)? This could mean in general, that Fe needs to idolize people or things while Fi needs to be object of attention. Because if Fi gets to be object of attention, the Fi person can be fully understood and be able to be led or influenced. If Fi don't get enough attention, wich is essential, the Fi person can "too" wrapped up in itself and have desire to not change. And because the Fe needs to idolize, the Fe person can be able appreciate others to no bounderies (almost obssesion) and can lift up others confidence and enthusiasm. However, if Fe does not have full attention, the Fe may be prone to constant moodswing and may look at things in black or white (evil vs good).

    Maybe this didn't bring a new perspective to you. But it did for me.

    This, as I see it.... shit need to post again...

  2. #2
    Senior Member
    Join Date
    Nov 2008
    MBTI
    INFJ
    Posts
    260

    Default

    This, as I see It, would mean that the Fe person would need to keep picturing an idolized of their mate to truly appreciate him/her and It would be the only way to encourage the Fi to actually change. The Fe needs to lead the other to leadership and they would both have equal influence.

  3. #3
    Senior Member
    Join Date
    Nov 2008
    MBTI
    INFJ
    Posts
    260

    Default

    Ok I'm I just saying same things others already been mentioning, I get this deja-vu feeling. But when I first thought of this It felt all new to me.

  4. #4
    Banned
    Join Date
    Jul 2008
    MBTI
    type
    Posts
    9,100

    Default

    Nah.

  5. #5
    @.~*virinaĉo*~.@ Totenkindly's Avatar
    Join Date
    Apr 2007
    MBTI
    FREE
    Enneagram
    594 sx/sp
    Socionics
    LII Ne
    Posts
    42,333

    Default

    I thought it was an interesting idea, although I disagree with much of it.

    The part that interested me is that Fi is directed introvertedly -- according to MBTI theory, like every other introverted function, it starts with itself, moves outward, then back to itself again as the end result.

    Fe does the opposite.

    This was probably the biggest connection I saw with what you said, but I think the specifics you describe are reading far too much into the functions.
    "Hey Capa -- We're only stardust." ~ "Sunshine"

    “Pleasure to me is wonder—the unexplored, the unexpected, the thing that is hidden and the changeless thing that lurks behind superficial mutability. To trace the remote in the immediate; the eternal in the ephemeral; the past in the present; the infinite in the finite; these are to me the springs of delight and beauty.” ~ H.P. Lovecraft

  6. #6
    Banned
    Join Date
    Jul 2008
    MBTI
    type
    Posts
    9,100

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Jennifer View Post
    The part that interested me is that Fi is directed introvertedly -- according to MBTI theory, like every other introverted function, it starts with itself, moves outward, then back to itself again as the end result.
    You can't argue with obvious truth like that! *kills self*

  7. #7
    Senior Member Lateralus's Avatar
    Join Date
    May 2007
    MBTI
    ENTJ
    Enneagram
    3w4
    Posts
    6,276

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Jennifer View Post
    I thought it was an interesting idea, although I disagree with much of it.

    The part that interested me is that Fi is directed introvertedly -- according to MBTI theory, like every other introverted function, it starts with itself, moves outward, then back to itself again as the end result.

    Fe does the opposite.

    This was probably the biggest connection I saw with what you said, but I think the specifics you describe are reading far too much into the functions.
    If you applied your statement to the OP, he would have it backwards. Fe dominants need to be loved and Fi dominants need to love.

    Edit: He has almost everything backwards.
    "We grow up thinking that beliefs are something to be proud of, but they're really nothing but opinions one refuses to reconsider. Beliefs are easy. The stronger your beliefs are, the less open you are to growth and wisdom, because "strength of belief" is only the intensity with which you resist questioning yourself. As soon as you are proud of a belief, as soon as you think it adds something to who you are, then you've made it a part of your ego."

  8. #8

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by lorkan View Post
    This might be old news for you, and correct me if I'm wrong. But, in theory, would Fi be the ones that want to reciev love (meaning: feeling loved) and Fe the ones that wants to give (meaning: appreciate others)? This could mean in general, that Fe needs to idolize people or things while Fi needs to be object of attention. Because if Fi gets to be object of attention, the Fi person can be fully understood and be able to be led or influenced. If Fi don't get enough attention, wich is essential, the Fi person can "too" wrapped up in itself and have desire to not change. And because the Fe needs to idolize, the Fe person can be able appreciate others to no bounderies (almost obssesion) and can lift up others confidence and enthusiasm. However, if Fe does not have full attention, the Fe may be prone to constant moodswing and may look at things in black or white (evil vs good).

    Maybe this didn't bring a new perspective to you. But it did for me.

    This, as I see it.... shit need to post again...
    Dismiss all of these thoughts, keep an open mind that there are things that are different that you can't instinctively understand, and read up on it more. It is a nice theory but a long way from anything valid or truthful.

    If I learnt one thing from the other Fe vs Fi threads it is that just because you can't see the way someone else sees doesn't mean it is not valid. You need to start from the idea that as INFJ you share none of your first four cognitive functions with xNFP. It is like going into a new culture that is completely unrelated to your own, and your starting point should be to view it that way. The customs from your culture don't really exist in the other culture, and the way your culture does things aren't really observed. But it doesn't mean the other culture is wrong or selfish or needs to conform to your culture to be acceptable. They have their way of doing things and their way of loving. This is what you should be looking to learn if you want to understand it. Celebrate difference .

    p.s. NFPs are also pretty important in society when it comes to caring for others, just more covert; we don't like it to be a show. Which is probably what introverted normally means...
    Freude, schöner Götterfunken Tochter aus Elysium, Wir betreten feuertrunken, Himmlische, dein Heiligtum! Deine Zauber binden wieder Was die Mode streng geteilt; Alle Menschen werden Brüder, Wo dein sanfter Flügel weilt.

  9. #9
    Senior Member
    Join Date
    Aug 2008
    MBTI
    ?
    Posts
    238

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by noigmn View Post
    Dismiss all of these thoughts, keep an open mind that there are things that are different that you can't instinctively understand, and read up on it more. It is a nice theory but a long way from anything valid or truthful.

    If I learnt one thing from the other Fe vs Fi threads it is that just because you can't see the way someone else sees doesn't mean it is not valid. You need to start from the idea that as INFJ you share none of your first four cognitive functions with xNFP. It is like going into a new culture that is completely unrelated to your own, and your starting point should be to view it that way. The customs from your culture don't really exist in the other culture, and the way your culture does things aren't really observed. But it doesn't mean the other culture is wrong or selfish or needs to conform to your culture to be acceptable. They have their way of doing things and their way of loving. This is what you should be looking to learn if you want to understand it. Celebrate difference .

    p.s. NFPs are also pretty important in society when it comes to caring for others, just more covert; we don't like it to be a show. Which is probably what introverted normally means...
    Thats fine, but as a NFP myself, I say the same advice should be followed by us, taking xNFJ's things personally is also a mistake, since there are different functions. I like different cultures/ personalities already and others do, so what did you say that? Exempting BlueWing, lol.

    Helping others without showing is good in some circumstances, but often when one doesn't tell the other what he or she feels, it becomes difficult for even other NFPs to know why a person may be happy or upset, since no misunderstanding is clarified and compounded with the sensitivity, it only creates even more miscommunication.

  10. #10
    Senior Member
    Join Date
    Nov 2008
    MBTI
    INFJ
    Posts
    260

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Jennifer View Post
    I thought it was an interesting idea, although I disagree with much of it.

    The part that interested me is that Fi is directed introvertedly -- according to MBTI theory, like every other introverted function, it starts with itself, moves outward, then back to itself again as the end result.

    Fe does the opposite.

    This was probably the biggest connection I saw with what you said, but I think the specifics you describe are reading far too much into the functions.
    Ok, so its something like this?:

    Fi: "I want that... *grabbing or applying external object*... ahh, now I'm satisfied"

    Fe: "What do people want?.... *thinking to itself if this works (gift, hug, kiss etc)*... now love me!"

    noigm: I have usually no problem whatsoever to accept others viewpoints, I just got a potential other viewpoint of it, though it may have showed itself invalid. Just the fact that I tried to look from it from another perspective is progress for me. I'm very accepting of others cultures btw.

Similar Threads

  1. Fi users (especially FPs) - what do you like about Fe?
    By Riva in forum Myers-Briggs and Jungian Cognitive Functions
    Replies: 116
    Last Post: 05-25-2013, 06:11 PM
  2. [Fi] Fe blindness; Fi shortsightedness
    By PeaceBaby in forum The NF Idyllic (ENFP, INFP, ENFJ, INFJ)
    Replies: 170
    Last Post: 08-13-2010, 04:20 AM
  3. [NF] Fe and Fi, say what you love about your F function!
    By BlueScreen in forum The NF Idyllic (ENFP, INFP, ENFJ, INFJ)
    Replies: 7
    Last Post: 11-17-2008, 06:25 PM
  4. [NF] Communicating between Fe and Fi
    By heart in forum The NF Idyllic (ENFP, INFP, ENFJ, INFJ)
    Replies: 132
    Last Post: 05-29-2008, 02:51 AM
  5. Theory About My Type
    By Ezra in forum What's my Type?
    Replies: 1
    Last Post: 12-16-2007, 09:45 PM

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
Single Sign On provided by vBSSO