User Tag List

First 23456 Last

MBTI
    FiSi

Quote Originally Posted by lorkan View Post
    Leysing: Is there any time you haven't felt suffocated by an Fe with secondary or first function?
    Yes. I usually feel quite comfortable with IFJs, as they are not so outside-oriented and need pretty much space themselves (or so I suppose).

But Fe doms... I like being around them because they give this warm vibe to me (Fi+Si?) if they give me space and do not pay too intense attention on me. If they are mature enough to allow others their required alone time and space, then no problem.

(But, like I said, if they start to focus too intensely on me - especially if they haven't exercised their Introverted function(s) and are extremely extroverted - my reaction is "EEK" -> )

MBTI
    INFJ
    Enneagram

This might be old news for you, and correct me if I'm wrong. But, in theory, would Fi be the ones that want to reciev love (meaning: feeling loved) and Fe the ones that wants to give (meaning: appreciate others)? This could mean in general, that Fe needs to idolize people or things while Fi needs to be object of attention. Because if Fi gets to be object of attention, the Fi person can be fully understood and be able to be led or influenced. If Fi don't get enough attention, wich is essential, the Fi person can "too" wrapped up in itself and have desire to not change. And because the Fe needs to idolize, the Fe person can be able appreciate others to no bounderies (almost obssesion) and can lift up others confidence and enthusiasm. However, if Fe does not have full attention, the Fe may be prone to constant moodswing and may look at things in black or white (evil vs good).

Maybe this didn't bring a new perspective to you. But it did for me.

This, as I see it.... shit need to post again...
    Fi, by definition, doesn't directly care about giving or receiving anything, as that stuff falls in the realm of extroversion. Fe cares about both.

MBTI
    INFJ

Leysing: In order to understand you may need our attention or else we act like you would be some sort of dog that don't obey and just generally be on you all the time. You wouldn't like that right?
    As soon as we turn our back (metaphorically speaking), we would treat you like worthless again. In other words, Fe users need to be observant alot more around Fi.

dissonance: Noted.

Quote Originally Posted by dissonance View Post
    Fi, by definition, doesn't directly care about giving or receiving anything, as that stuff falls in the realm of extroversion. Fe cares about both.
    F by definition isn't a caring function, it is a valuing function. Otherwise thinkers wouldn't care at all. Maybe think of it as thinking uses logic to choose the best option, whereas feeling tests things against a value set or set of parameters.

It is true Fi normally doesn't care about giving or receiving anything material. But tends to give a lot in the non-material.

The best description is that Fi as a valuing function values the introverted things, while Fe values the extroverted things. So Fe would value social values, the state of the world, the group goal etc., while Fi values personal things, like personal growth of people, whether they are being oppressed or damaged in any personal way, whether they are reaching their potential or seeing their dreams, etc.

They effectively complement eachother, just can be almost mutually exclusive so don't always see value in eachother.
    Freude, schöner Götterfunken Tochter aus Elysium, Wir betreten feuertrunken, Himmlische, dein Heiligtum! Deine Zauber binden wieder Was die Mode streng geteilt; Alle Menschen werden Brüder, Wo dein sanfter Flügel weilt.

Banned
    MBTI
    type

Quote Originally Posted by noigmn View Post
    F by definition isn't a caring function, it is a valuing function. Otherwise thinkers wouldn't care at all.
    Technically incorrect, as whatever system you use, everyone uses every function.

Quote Originally Posted by Jack Flak View Post
    Technically incorrect, as whatever system you use, everyone uses every function.
    Yeh . To clarify, what I meant is that thinkers can care as a result of their thinking function's output. It is not the development of an inferior or tertiary feeling that makes them care.
    Freude, schöner Götterfunken Tochter aus Elysium, Wir betreten feuertrunken, Himmlische, dein Heiligtum! Deine Zauber binden wieder Was die Mode streng geteilt; Alle Menschen werden Brüder, Wo dein sanfter Flügel weilt.

MBTI
    iSFj
    Enneagram
    2 sx/so

Does Fe and Fi always get discussed more than the other functions on this forum or has this just been a recent trend?

MBTI
    INFJ

Quote Originally Posted by Hmm View Post
    Does Fe and Fi always get discussed more than the other functions on this forum or has this just been a recent trend?
    I thought Fi/Fe was about the LEAST discussed topic on this forum. But I could be wrong.

EDIT: It would be interesting to hear you SFJ's and SFP's inputs

MBTI
    infj
    Enneagram
    9w1

Random Post without reading the thread. I hope the OP was talking about the different between Fe and Fi and smothery-ness.

Fi: Its more of an internal self, wanting to keep true to yourself and values/what you think is right. Fi if imbalanced can be either too cold on the outside (You don't follow my values. Burn in a fire) or overly mushy ('I hope I didn't offend you at all.' every 5 seconds to the point of :steam: for the receiving end)

Fe: I think its more like politeness than Fi is. People see it as shallow because essentially it is, but it's paired with an introverted function so its as deep as how developed the person's Xi is. I dont think Ghandi was shallow, neither was Jesus
    -Smotheriness: Its really a balance/maturity thing. My dad is an INFJ and he doesn't constantly praise/manipulate (I mean this in a good way, manipulate as in try and point someone in the right direction). He only does when he feels its necessary. I love 'em
    'Imperfection is beauty, madness is genius and its better to be absolutely ridiculous than absolutely boring.' - Marilyn Monroe

This is who I am, escapist, paradise-seeker.
    -Nightwish

Anthropology Major out of Hamline University. St. Paul, Minnesota.

MBTI
    iSFj
    Enneagram
    2 sx/so

I thought Fi/Fe was about the LEAST discussed topic on this forum. But I could be wrong.
    Oh. Maybe I only see the threads about Fe and Fi then.

EDIT: It would be interesting to hear you SFJ's and SFP's inputs
    See Jeffster. He's Speaker of the xSFx House.