User Tag List

First 12345 Last

MBTI
    entp
    Enneagram

According to the tangible logic of MBTI theory the assumption is not false.

But I personally think that an introverted f or t is more in touch with the self, as you are for example as an introverted N. And therefore, keeping in mind that everyone only sees the life through his pairs of eyes, the introverted n/f/t/s way, will lead to the greatest wisdom.

An Extroverted n/f/t/s on the other hand, will be always in need of a good audience. Because otherwise he can not bounce off his ideas, feelings, thoughts or experiences.
    [URL]https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=tEBvftJUwDw&t=0s[/URL]

MBTI
    INFJ

I may not be so overly in touch with myself, but I'm highly in touch of were my life is going and what actions I, and others, do and the consequenses of them (Ni?). I actually rarely finding myself, any longer, giving away warm, pleasant Fe without some proper perceptions of people. And Ni has also helped me using Fe in different ways.

MBTI
    INTP

Quote Originally Posted by lorkan View Post
    This might be old news for you, and correct me if I'm wrong. But, in theory, would Fi be the ones that want to reciev love (meaning: feeling loved) and Fe the ones that wants to give (meaning: appreciate others)? This could mean in general, that Fe needs to idolize people or things while Fi needs to be object of attention. Because if Fi gets to be object of attention, the Fi person can be fully understood and be able to be led or influenced. If Fi don't get enough attention, wich is essential, the Fi person can "too" wrapped up in itself and have desire to not change. And because the Fe needs to idolize, the Fe person can be able appreciate others to no bounderies (almost obssesion) and can lift up others confidence and enthusiasm. However, if Fe does not have full attention, the Fe may be prone to constant moodswing and may look at things in black or white (evil vs good).

Maybe this didn't bring a new perspective to you. But it did for me.

This, as I see it.... shit need to post again...
    Yes.
    A sound observation.

The P introverts the rational functions.
    The J introverts perception.

What turns the tide?
    Field dependence.

There are four field independent functions.
    Fi is only one of them.

MBTI
    ENFP
    Enneagram
    7w6
    Socionics
    ????

Quote Originally Posted by lorkan View Post
    This might be old news for you, and correct me if I'm wrong. But, in theory, would Fi be the ones that want to reciev love (meaning: feeling loved) and Fe the ones that wants to give (meaning: appreciate others)? This could mean in general, that Fe needs to idolize people or things while Fi needs to be object of attention. Because if Fi gets to be object of attention, the Fi person can be fully understood and be able to be led or influenced. If Fi don't get enough attention, wich is essential, the Fi person can "too" wrapped up in itself and have desire to not change. And because the Fe needs to idolize, the Fe person can be able appreciate others to no bounderies (almost obssesion) and can lift up others confidence and enthusiasm. However, if Fe does not have full attention, the Fe may be prone to constant moodswing and may look at things in black or white (evil vs good).
    Actually I idolize Fe (or my Fi idolizes it, I don't know )and especially ENFJ's and some ESFJ's charisma is totally something I find very hard to resist (and for some reason I want to resist it).

MBTI
    INFJ

alcea rocea: Why do you want to resist it if you feel pulled to it?

MBTI
    FiSi

Quote Originally Posted by alcea rosea View Post
    Actually I idolize Fe (or my Fi idolizes it, I don't know )and especially ENFJ's and some ESFJ's charisma is totally something I find very hard to resist (and for some reason I want to resist it).
    Heh, same here. Fe is like a magnet to me (isn't it to everyone?) - and yes, I want and try to resist the magnetism because I want to be independent and not bound to other people. (Another reason is that some (unbalanced?) Fe dominants are too intense and smothering/suffocating to me. I start to feel claustrophobic.)

MBTI
    INFJ
    Enneagram
    4w5
    Socionics
    INFj

I tend to agree with the original poster's assessment of Fi / Fe. (or at least my interpretation of her interpretation! lol) I think the differences between Fi/Fe and other traits (Ni/Ne, etc.) are very interesting. I do think that Fi's and Fe's tend to "click" with each other, and I notice that especially whenever I'm around an INFP or ENFP friend (I'm an INFJ). It's almost like I'm looking for someone to nurture and appreciate, and they're looking to be nurtured/appreciated. Don't know if that's coming across right, so let me try another example:

I also find that I tend to click with ENTPs and INTPs (types that many sensors find quirky, outlandish, or over-the-top) because my introverted intuition is a good match for their extroverted intuition -- I find their humor and comments insightful and hilarious, and they seem to appreciate someone who can catch the crazy ideas that they like to spout out.

Back to the Fi/Fe dichotomy, I'm glad someone started this thread because I've been very curious about the differences and similarities between Fi's and Fe's for a long time. My random observations on introverted feelers versus extroverted feelers are that introverted feelers can keep their emotions hidden much better than extroverted feelers. Growing up their were many times my feelings were hurt and I would try desperately to hold back tears but it was hopeless, my feelings showed right on my face for everyone to see, and people could often spot immediately when I was upset, even if I tried to hide it. But I've noticed that my introverted feeler friends can remain stoic and emotionless during something that would upset me. Afterwards I tell them I don't know how they stayed so calm and collected, and they tell me they weren't, that they felt awful inside but it just didn't show. Also, I hate to admit it but I feel very upset and anxious when people are unhappy or angry with me for whatever reason, and I often obsess over whether I unintentionally said something rude in a social situation. My introverted feeler friends do not seem as bothered when someone is angry with them. It is as though their feelings and sense of well-being come from their inner being, while mine come from my interactions with others. Just some thoughts!

MBTI
    INFJ

I'm a Hemale not a Shemale :>[

MBTI
    INFJ

mv6r: Interesting. I've had similar experience. And the post your reading above yours, from Leyising, could be Fe's without enough attention or preciation of the Fi in the room.

MBTI
    INFJ

Leysing: Is there any time you haven't felt suffocated by an Fe with secondary or first function?