User Tag List

View Poll Results: NFs only, are you profoundly disturbed by the images you saw?

Voters
26. You may not vote on this poll
  • Yes

2 7.69%
  • No

24 92.31%
First 23456 Last

MBTI
    INFP

Just saw your avatar.
    "No ray of sunshine is ever lost, but the green which it awakes into existence needs time to sprout, and it is not always granted to the sower to see the harvest. All work that is worth anything is done in faith." - Albert Schweitzer

Banned
    MBTI
    type

As much as I despise the Wing, you have to admit that y'all NFs are a predictable bunch, discussing the implications of this garbage at length.

MBTI
    INFJ
    Enneagram
    2w1
    Socionics
    EIE

Quote Originally Posted by Anja View Post
    It's such a subjective issue. I think a good teacher addresses the feelings side of her pupils. Affirming expression of them in positive ways so she engages the whole child in the learning process.

And with a system that is set up for competition there would be no scientific method of grading which would take into consideration all the variables.

The flaw wouldn't be in addressing feelings, I think, as much as trying to squeeze them into the scientific realm which doesn't work as so many of our rigid thinkers notice.

They are trying to evaluate an intangible by the rules of a material world!
    Good points. I agree that the entire system itself is structurally shaped in favor of thinking over feeling.

I haven't thought about it that much, but I think a system that included feeling would have a more cooperative aspect to it versus a competitive one.

I also think there would be more group discussions where characters and themes in stories are discussed in detail. Questions could be asked like "And why do you think this character is making this decision? What is motivating them? How do you think they felt after they saw this happen? How would you react in their shoes?" etc. I think it would at least stimulate the feeling side of people and possibly give them the opportunity to see things from a different angle.

And I hope rigid thinkers would accept that not everything can be understood through hard logic.
    I-44 N-88 F-62 J-67

A pessimist sees the difficulty in every opportunity; an optimist sees the opportunity in every difficulty. -Winston Churchill

MBTI
    INFP

Quote Originally Posted by Jack Flak View Post
    As much as I despise the Wing, you have to admit that y'all NFs are a predictable bunch, discussing the implications of this garbage at length.
    Scoot, Dude. We're havin' fuuuuuuun!
    "No ray of sunshine is ever lost, but the green which it awakes into existence needs time to sprout, and it is not always granted to the sower to see the harvest. All work that is worth anything is done in faith." - Albert Schweitzer

MBTI
    ESTP
    Enneagram
    873 sx/so
    Socionics
    SLE Ti

Quote Originally Posted by ThatsWhatHeSaid View Post
    I need someone to dare me to replace his first video with the Season Finale of Dinosaurs! .
    Yes.

I dare you.

MBTI
    INFP
    Enneagram
    6w7 sx/so
    Socionics
    IEI

I laughed.
    Dreams are best served manifest and tangible.

INFP, 6w7, IEI

I accept no responsibility, what so ever, for the fact that I exist; I do, however, accept full responsibility for what I do while I exist.

[SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]

No.
    I have nor had any emotional connection to him, so no.
    It did sadden me a bit that he died, and what it meant to everyone else, but still no. Rather, I felt irritated at the fact that I didn't see anyone trying to help him, but then again it wasn't a real news feed so.. *shrug*

MBTI
    INTJ
    Enneagram

Quote Originally Posted by Kestrel View Post
    Good points. I agree that the entire system itself is structurally shaped in favor of thinking over feeling.

And I hope rigid thinkers would accept that not everything can be understood through hard logic.
    Yes as well as the entire system is based on female values and being an S. There is a minimal amount of actual T in schools nor the actual requirement of understanding, simple memorization is enough. Of course if you want to be ranked amongst the best there, you have to have a well developed sense of logic, but by no means is it a requirement, the absolute majority of the school system is based towards creating people that can fit into certain systems, not people that can freely think around them and choosing what's best at certain scenarios. Thus I cannot agree to the statement that school is T based, heck, it's not even advantageous to T's in a lot of cases, I know countless people who do far better, than pure T's who understand the subject at hand several times better then the aforementioned F's, simply because of the fact that the T's rebel when they are asked to do something in a fashion that is wasteful and unneudingly complex. Also, literature, etiquette, psychology, philosophy, choreography, music, arts... ect already cater to your F's that we T's have to face up to.

Personally, I don't think that it's even worth to try and understand something to which actual logic doesn't apply.

MBTI
    FiSi

That wasn't horrible or disturbing. That was sad. I felt sorry for him but that was far from "profound" or "overwhelming". I can't see what would make this "disturbing".

(No, I don't have the urge to tear your head off. )

MBTI
    INTJ
    Enneagram
    5/8
    Socionics
    ENTp None

I must confess, BW, that this exercise gives the unsavory appearance of an individual looking to confirm suspicion, rather than to falsify precept.

The consequences of which, as you know, do grievous injury to the credibility of your protected position.

Measuring conclusion on the basis of subjective interpretation is less about hard science than it is about developing a broken statistical anomaly. Facts can be doctored as a means to confirm/deny premise without ever actually involving it.

I offer this to you as redundant suggestion.

As an aside, Decision Theory/optimization of utility might be an interesting read for you.