User Tag List

123 Last

Glycerine

Default So How Would You React?

One of my high school male teachers (INFP) brought up how Hamlet might have had a thing for his mother and we were going to watch a movie with young Glen Close playing Hamlet's mother. So one of the people asked the teacher if Glen Close was a MILF (mother I'd Like to f***) and the teacher said yes kind of jokingly.

Another time he said, "My girlfriend has to shoe horn her fat a** into her jeans" (without clarifying that the girlfriend had actually said this until after I got offended). I got so offended by both instances because of the supposed "inappropriateness"?

Would you consider it funny or offensive?
    I was curious if that is a Fi vs. Fe clash at work?

MBTI
    INFP
    Enneagram
    54 so/sp
    Socionics
    IEI Ni

Get an estj p.e. teacher to pick on him, maybe give him a super noogie.

MBTI
    enfp
    Enneagram

I definitely would not get offended by either of those comments. I find people who get offended by the comments of strangers tend to be unhappy.

I suppose you expect a certain sort of maturity from teachers and counselors.. But honestly, they're humans. They're people, with personalities and lives, and they're going to slip their personal lives into their careers. There's nothing that can be done to do that. And they aren't bad people for doing that.

Just because it isn't something you agree with doesn't make him a bad teacher, nor you a bad person for being offended. Simply have skin a bit coarser than silk and carry on.
    Kantgirl: Just say "I'm feminine and I'll punch anyone who says otherwise!"
    Halla74: Think your way through the world. Feel your way through life.

Cimarron: maybe Prpl will be your girl-bud
    prplchknz: i don't like it

In Search Of... ... Kiwi Sketch Art ... Dream Journal ... Kyuuei's Cook book ... Kyu's Tiny House Blog ... Minimalist Challenge ... Kyu's Savings Challenge

MBTI
    ENFP
    Enneagram
    6w7

I would have laughed my ass off personally, I like that kind of humor and have had females teachers who had worse humor. It keeps things on a more light hearted note, i cant stand it when classes or the workplace gets so rigid and lifeless that if anything like that were to happen someone would get sued.

I definitely say take Kyuuei's advice, its good and sound and will get you much farther than takeing offense to every little brash joke that you come across in the "work place".
    SDMF

MBTI
    ENFP

No. You can't go getting offended by everything, you know...

MBTI
    ISTP
    Enneagram
    5x/o

I would've found it funny... Especially the first one. How else is one supposed to respond to a question like that? Either she is or she isn't. (The second one lacks context.)

MBTI
    ?

Nah, I like my teachers' humour and their jokes a lot. They care about their students. The only time I was like wtf wasn't due to them. Due to an older male student I barely knew acting strange, but I've gotten over it now.

Senor Membrane
    MBTI
    INFP

Quote Originally Posted by Colors View Post
    I would've found it funny... Especially the first one. How else is one supposed to respond to a question like that? Either she is or she isn't. (The second one lacks context.)
    Yeah, the teacher told his opinion. What was he supposed to do? Blush? Yell at the guy joking? I don't see how he could have done otherwise. The second example is not so easy. I don't especially like "my gf is fat" type of humor, but if he said it with certain (hard-to-define) attitude, it's funny, but even if it wasn't funny, I wouldn't be offended.

The only times that I've been offended by teachers have been when the music teacher made me play drums while he knew I couldn't and when the history teacher tried to convince us that circumcised is better than natural.

Dali

Can we switch teachers?

Senor Membrane
    MBTI
    INFP

Quote Originally Posted by Mo_(operalover) View Post
    Can we switch teachers?
    You want to be forced to perform art you know nothing about and listen to an old woman promoting mutilation of babies?!