User Tag List

First 1234 Last

Dali

Quote Originally Posted by nolla View Post
    You want to be forced to perform art you know nothing about and listen to an old woman promoting mutilation of babies?!
    And that's undesirable becauuuuse....?

Senor Membrane
    MBTI
    INFP

Hmm... uh... well... being forced... and... you know... promoting mutilation...

Dali

Quote Originally Posted by nolla View Post
    Hmm... uh... well... being forced... and... you know... promoting mutilation...
    All in a weekend's work for me.

Lets chalk it down to conflicting Fi and go grab a mocktail.

Senor Membrane
    MBTI
    INFP

Quote Originally Posted by Mo_(operalover) View Post
    All in a weekend's work for me.
    What do you do weekends? S&M?

You're pretty lucky to have an INFP English teacher. Look past the type conflict. You'll get a lot of enjoyment out of it and learn a lot.
    Freude, schöner Götterfunken Tochter aus Elysium, Wir betreten feuertrunken, Himmlische, dein Heiligtum! Deine Zauber binden wieder Was die Mode streng geteilt; Alle Menschen werden Brüder, Wo dein sanfter Flügel weilt.

MBTI
    ENFP
    Enneagram

I don't know, I'm in high school right now..so depending on what grade you're in, it might be a little innapropriate, but nothing more, because it's nothing to get offended by.
    Is it that by its indefiniteness it shadows forth the heartless voids and immensities of the universe, and thus stabs us from behind with the thought of annihilation, when beholding the white depths of the milky way?

MBTI
    FREE
    Enneagram
    594 sx/sp
    Socionics
    LII Ne

If I were the teacher, I'd probably worry more about tone I'd set -- since whatever I do, my kids would take and run with and do about 3000x worse. That's one issue; you have to draw a line far earlier than you'd like so that the invariable jumping over it still doesn't take people TOO far into the areas you don't want them in.

(Right here, he approved slang with the word "f*ck" in it and a sexual connotation; don't tell me some kid will not take that and run with it.)

I think 30 years ago, probably very inappropriate. The culture is different now; standards are relaxed; social roles are more fluid with positions of authority, you aren't necessarily expected to be this bastion of goodness, you're allowed to be more human. Gen Y is also much more flexy and less focused on the authority issue, they are all for diversity and casualness.
    "Hey Capa -- We're only stardust." ~ "Sunshine"

“Pleasure to me is wonder—the unexplored, the unexpected, the thing that is hidden and the changeless thing that lurks behind superficial mutability. To trace the remote in the immediate; the eternal in the ephemeral; the past in the present; the infinite in the finite; these are to me the springs of delight and beauty.” ~ H.P. Lovecraft

Glycerine

yeah, I guess you guys are right about that... I should have taken it more lightly and not gotten offended.
    [QUOTE=Jennifer;430553]If I were the teacher, I'd probably worry more about tone I'd set -- since whatever I do, my kids would take and run with and do about 3000x worse. That's one issue; you have to draw a line far earlier than you'd like so that the invariable jumping over it still doesn't take people TOO far into the areas you don't want them in.

Quote Originally Posted by Jennifer View Post
    (Right here, he approved slang with the word "f*ck" in it and a sexual connotation; don't tell me some kid will not take that and run with it.) haha, yea the kids would take it too far and my vivid imagination due to my Ni would imagine things that I did not want think about... haha.

I think 30 years ago, probably very inappropriate. The culture is different now; standards are relaxed; social roles are more fluid with positions of authority, you aren't necessarily expected to be this bastion of goodness, you're allowed to be more human. Gen Y is also much more flexy and less focused on the authority issue, they are all for diversity and casualness.

I agree with you the most, Jennifer. I'm usually not that uptight about that type of joking but it felt like he did not have that many boundaries. I think the thing that was really awkward was that he was about 40 or so trying to fit in with a whole bunch of high schoolers. He or someone else would bring up something sexual almost about every class period. I admit I did a few times but he's about 40 or so and I was about 17-18 so I don't know. I got this strange feeling, it got very weird for both parties.

MBTI
    INFP

IDK, watch your step with this man. His inappropriate sexual boundaries with his students are a red flag and you're spot on in your discomfort.
    "No ray of sunshine is ever lost, but the green which it awakes into existence needs time to sprout, and it is not always granted to the sower to see the harvest. All work that is worth anything is done in faith." - Albert Schweitzer

MBTI
    ENFP
    Enneagram
    7w8

Saying "yes, kind of" to the MILF thing doesn't strike me as inappropriate.

Re: "My girlfriend has to shoe horn her fat a** into her jeans."
    In high school, I would've taken that sucker out on the spot. These days, I'd probably not care (provided the 2 examples you gave were the only incidents that occured).

It's hard to judge whether or not you're overreacting with this second incident... if it really does bother you, you'd have little to lose by taking him aside after class and presenting a respectful case as to why he sucks.