User Tag List

12 Last

Thread: ENFP Archetypes

MBTI
    ENFP
    Socionics
    ENFp

Default ENFP Archetypes

Sorry if this is not the right place to post this...

Shadow and Anima/Animus:

Jung's archetypes have always been a little bit confusing for me. So, I have read that the ISTJ is the ENFP's shadow and that when under stress a negative form of the ISTJ is manifested in the ENFP personality (vice versa). Can anyone give any examples of what they mean by a 'negative form of ISTJ'? Have any of you recognized it in yourselves?

What is the Anima/Animus? How is the Shadow different from or the same as the Anima/Animus?

MBTI
    ENFP

Anuimagus as in... like... Mortalk Kombat Animalities?

my fursona is Vegeta.

MBTI
    ENFP
    Socionics
    ENFp

Quote Originally Posted by Nillerz View Post
    Anuimagus as in... like... Mortalk Kombat Animalities?

my fursona is Vegeta.
    lol. nah like carl jung's archetype descriptions

MBTI
    ENFP

OH! Well, I talked to Jung and he says that ENFP's have an anma and the anima is Vegeta from Dragonball Z

I'm sorry this is the first I've heard of it.

MBTI
    INFJ
    Enneagram
    4w5
    Socionics
    INFj

I'm not an ENFP so I can't attest to your particular shadow, but I can say that negative aspects of my shadow personality (ESTP) definitely come out when I'm under great stress. I'm normally deliberative, sensitive to others, and not interested in sensate experiences (INFJ), but when very stressed I become very impulsive, sensate, and ambivalent to others' feelings. Luckily this only happens in very severe situations, I can only think of one time in the last year.

I do know an ISTJ who takes on the negative qualities of an ENFP when she's super drunk....

MBTI
    INFJ
    Enneagram
    4w5
    Socionics
    INFj

ps: On personalitypage.com, the potential negative traits for ISTJs are listed as the following:

* Excessive love of food and drink
    * Lack of interest in other people, or in relating to them
    * Occasional inappropriate emotional displays
    * General selfish "look after oneself" tendencies
    * Uses judgement to dismiss other's opinions and perspectives, before really understanding them
    * May judge others rather than themselves
    * May look at external ideas and people with the primary purpose of finding fault
    * May become slave to their routine and "by the book" ways of doing things, to the point that any deviation is completely unacceptable
    * May have difficulty communicating their thoughts and feelings to anyone

So theoretically you might experience some of those traits when under stress...

MBTI
    ENFP
    Enneagram
    9w1 sx/so

i have never at any time in my life been anything remotely similar to istj...it is my complete opposite though...for sure.
    There can’t be any large-scale revolution until there’s a personal revolution, on an individual level. It’s got to happen inside first.
    -Jim Morrison

MBTI
    ENFP
    Enneagram
    ENFP
    Socionics
    ENFP

Default haha heck yes!

so i read online that enfps take a negative form of istjs..
    which are doing things in excess (eating, excercising), being overly critical, finding fault within everything, taking charge w/out consideration of others.

i totally noticed it in me under lottsa stress, esp the finding fault and the doing things in excess part.
    SUNNI

Quote Originally Posted by mwv6r View Post
    ps: On personalitypage.com, the potential negative traits for ISTJs are listed as the following:

* Uses judgement to dismiss other's opinions and perspectives, before really understanding them
    * May look at external ideas and people with the primary purpose of finding fault
    * May become slave to their routine and "by the book" ways of doing things, to the point that any deviation is completely unacceptable

So theoretically you might experience some of those traits when under stress...
    Thanks for the details!

I've done most of these when really really stressed.
    Freude, schöner Götterfunken Tochter aus Elysium, Wir betreten feuertrunken, Himmlische, dein Heiligtum! Deine Zauber binden wieder Was die Mode streng geteilt; Alle Menschen werden Brüder, Wo dein sanfter Flügel weilt.

MBTI
    ENFP
    Enneagram
    3w4

I can tell you right now that I know my shadow well. This is actually one of the reasons why I got into the theories.

I know that when I get stressed I do totally go into my shadow. I cut myself off from people and want to be alone (I). I tend to get caught up in what's going around me. I get easily distracted by stupid little things and find myself wasting time on those instead of what's important. I actually feel like I have blinders on. At times, I feel like I am looking through a tiny hole at the world around me (S). I most definitely stop caring about other's feelings. I tend to say what I think and say it short, blunt, or often rudely. I don't laugh, I don't enjoy anything and I start to really over thing everything (T). Lastly, I try and get things my way and I stop listening to other's advice. I try and plan things to go the way I want and if it starts to change I freak out. Especially if I am at work and I am stressed. If a wrench is thrown into my job I cannot adapt and I start to panic and screw things up. Also, any advice people give me during my 'dark place', I can find reason after reason to say why it's wrong. I become a strong pessimistic. Nothing can be anything unless I agree with it. (J). Now, as you can tell. These are all BAD things. Not saying that ISTJ is a bad thing, but these are the sour sides of ISTJ.

From this list, I do everything but over-induldge.
    I think that I can explain an ENFPs shadow pretty well if you have any more questions...