User Tag List

123 Last

MBTI
    ENFP
    Enneagram
    7w6
    Socionics
    ????

Default The challenge with ENFP's - do you recognize yourself?

ENFPs are many times described as charming, witty, funny etc. This all sounds really great or too good to be true but lets consider the other side of the coin and I mean lets consider it the positive way (Hey Im an ENFP anyway).

So, Ive been told that Im too talkative and very challenging to talk to (a psychologist said this) because of my speed in talking and the speed my brain jumps from one thing to another to the third and back to the first and so on. Ive been always thinking that my way of thinking is easy to follow and that its pretty easy to talk to me. Now I understand the trouble many people have with me. Sometimes I think its too many people who have trouble understanding my way of thinking.

Do you have the same problem/do people see this with ENFPs?
    Any other challenges people have with you fellow ENFPs?

MBTI
    ENTP
    Enneagram
    Socionics
    ENTp

Quote Originally Posted by alcea rosea View Post
    ENFPs are many times described as charming, witty, funny etc. This all sounds really great or too good to be true but lets consider the other side of the coin and I mean lets consider it the positive way (Hey Im an ENFP anyway).

So, Ive been told that Im too talkative and very challenging to talk to (a psychologist said this) because of my speed in talking and the speed my brain jumps from one thing to another to the third and back to the first and so on. Ive been always thinking that my way of thinking is easy to follow and that its pretty easy to talk to me. Now I understand the trouble many people have with me. Sometimes I think its too many people who have trouble understanding my way of thinking.

Ne is hard to keep up with for those that don't possess it because everything in your mind makes sense in how you came about it, but it can definitely be unclear to those observing it from the outside.
    Seek freedom and become captive of your desires, seek discipline and find your liberty.

"If you go looking for something in particular, your chances of finding it are very bad, because of all the things in the world, you're only looking for one of them. If you go looking for anything at all, your chances of finding it are very good, because of all the things in the world, you're sure to find some of them."

Quote Originally Posted by alcea rosea View Post

That was so natural to read it isn't funny. But yeh, I suppose non-ENFPs might not follow as easily. Will be an interesting thread.
    Freude, schöner Götterfunken Tochter aus Elysium, Wir betreten feuertrunken, Himmlische, dein Heiligtum! Deine Zauber binden wieder Was die Mode streng geteilt; Alle Menschen werden Brüder, Wo dein sanfter Flügel weilt.

MBTI
    Enfp
    Enneagram
    497 sx/so
    Socionics
    IEE Fi

I can totally relate to this. And the worst thing is, I do this in any language, whether I speak it well or not. It used to baffle my Russian teacher. And it gets even worse and more incoherent if you stress me.

Other things I've been called are: too blunt coz I don't polish my sentences sometimes enough, overwhelming, too nosy, aggressive (coz I was passionate about something), self-absorbed (coz I tend to relate personally to things that are told), intimidating, etc etc

And then there's the typical frustrations of: not answering your phone, not being somewhere on time, procrastination, not being aware of social obligations or forgetting about those, etc etc
    ★ڿڰۣ✿ℒoѵℯ✿ڿڰۣ★

"Harm none, do as ye will”

MBTI
    ENTP
    Enneagram
    Socionics
    ENTp

Quote Originally Posted by Amargith View Post
    I can totally relate to this. And the worst thing is, I do this in any language, whether I speak it well or not. It used to baffle my Russian teacher. And it gets even worse and more incoherent if you stress me.

Other things I've been called are: too blunt coz I don't polish my sentences sometimes enough, overwhelming, too nosy, aggressive (coz I was passionate about something), self-absorbed (coz I tend to relate personally to things that are told), intimidating, etc etc

And then there's the typical frustrations of: not answering your phone, not being somewhere on time, procrastination, not being aware of social obligations or forgetting about those, etc etc
    What happens if people over stress you? Does your Ne go on fire?

The second bolded part is why I love you guys.
    Seek freedom and become captive of your desires, seek discipline and find your liberty.

"If you go looking for something in particular, your chances of finding it are very bad, because of all the things in the world, you're only looking for one of them. If you go looking for anything at all, your chances of finding it are very good, because of all the things in the world, you're sure to find some of them."

MBTI
    Enfp
    Enneagram
    497 sx/so
    Socionics
    IEE Fi

Quote Originally Posted by G-Virus View Post
    What happens if people over stress you? Does your Ne go on fire?

The second bolded part is why I love you guys.
    Yes, Ne just runs away, coz you wanna reply and give as much info to the person who is demanding something from you as possible. Unfortunately, our filter can't keep up with us then

The bolded part actually happens to me when I'm too tired, too stressed or too passionate to put my raw thoughts through a filter. I don't mean to sound blunt or even offensive, but I just didn't have the capacity or time to reword it so it wouldn't sound that crude
    ★ڿڰۣ✿ℒoѵℯ✿ڿڰۣ★

MBTI
    ENFP
    Enneagram
    9w1 sx/so

yeah...it's a rare person that understands where i'm coming from or what i'm saying.
    unless i'm really deep in a conversation with someone i don't like to use a lot of words...i think i view it as impolite...taking too much of their time or something...so i turn into a lazy talker and expect them to fill in the gaps...and it can be misunderstood...or come out too blunt.
    i guess this is why people think i'm odd...haha...idk
    There can’t be any large-scale revolution until there’s a personal revolution, on an individual level. It’s got to happen inside first.
    -Jim Morrison

MBTI
    Enfp
    Enneagram
    497 sx/so
    Socionics
    IEE Fi

Quote Originally Posted by erinavery View Post
    yeah...it's a rare person that understands where i'm coming from or what i'm saying.
    unless i'm really deep in a conversation with someone i don't like to use a lot of words...i think i view it as impolite...taking too much of their time or something...so i turn into a lazy talker and expect them to fill in the gaps...and it can be misunderstood...or come out too blunt.
    i guess this is why people think i'm odd...haha...idk

LOL, that's interesting. I don't wanna take too much of their time either, that's why I talk so fast, it speeds the process up. Unfortunatly, they usually cannot keep up
    ★ڿڰۣ✿ℒoѵℯ✿ڿڰۣ★

MBTI
    ENFP
    Socionics
    ENFp

I don't wanna take too much of their time either, that's why I talk so fast, it speeds the process up. Unfortunatly, they usually cannot keep up
    I definitely can relate. I usually adjust my speech depending on the person I am speaking with. Sadly, most people would be confused if I talked like I wanted to--skipping tracks and jumping from idea to idea. Additionally, the people who are able to keep up, I usually overwhelm within minutes of realizing their capacity for understanding me... cause it's just so rare. Nevertheless, the few people in my life who verbally/mentally challenge me are some of my favorites.

MBTI
    ENFP
    Socionics
    ENFp

:-) I talk really fast too. especially when I'm telling a story i don't want to bore anyone so I try to skip teh narration and just tell the action parts. This usually ends up getting some reply like, "Riiiiight.

My mom that I suspect is an ExFJ used to say that I was a procrastinator, when in actually I just never wanted to do boring things like chores. I wanted to play first then chores, if there was time.

My parents used buy me planners and tell me to make lists and organize things. After I graduated from college my mom tried to get me to make a 5 year plan. Pfft. What is this plan you speak of?

I mean granted, I've matured alot more so, I do what MUST be done. but if left to me I'm only doing the fun stuff, so I guess some would call it irresponsible.

I guess as a J parent that can also be viewed as stubborness.