User Tag List

First 1234 Last

MBTI
    ENFP

Males are incapable of talking as fast or as fluently as females, but have a propensity for using larger words. I use that to my advantage by sprinking tons of obscure and sometimes very vivd adjectives over my verbal structurization.

MBTI
    INFJ
    Enneagram
    2w1
    Socionics
    EIE

Is it safe to assume that ENFPs are skilled with acquiring new language? I have a friend (whom I believe to be ENFP) who speaks English as a second language and it seems to come easier for her than others. She's totally uninhibited in expressing herself, even in her non-native language. The fact that her grammar is broken some of the time seems to be barely an afterthought to her.
    I-44 N-88 F-62 J-67

A pessimist sees the difficulty in every opportunity; an optimist sees the opportunity in every difficulty. -Winston Churchill

MBTI
    Enfp
    Enneagram
    497 sx/so
    Socionics
    IEE Fi

dunno, could be. Interesting. Dutch is my maternal language, but English feels equally easy to me. And I speak several others. Grammar is my weakness, in every language, yes Any other ENFP's wanna chime in?
    ★ڿڰۣ✿ℒoѵℯ✿ڿڰۣ★

"Harm none, do as ye will”

MBTI
    ENFP

Nope. I tried for quite some time to pick up French and now I can say stuff like "le phuque dans la douche" but can't hold a conversation

Quote Originally Posted by Amargith View Post
    dunno, could be. Interesting. Dutch is my maternal language, but English feels equally easy to me. And I speak several others. Grammar is my weakness, in every language, yes Any other ENFP's wanna chime in?
    I haven't ever learnt another language and am not sure if I am good at it or not. I might pick it up quickly if spoken to, but trying to learn from theory I never remember enough.

Yes, grammar is a weakness for me too. But I'm trying to focus on it more.

And I want to learn Dutch!! Have you got any pointers?

On nillerz post, I've got adjective phobia. You might notice in my messages.
    Freude, schöner Götterfunken Tochter aus Elysium, Wir betreten feuertrunken, Himmlische, dein Heiligtum! Deine Zauber binden wieder Was die Mode streng geteilt; Alle Menschen werden Brüder, Wo dein sanfter Flügel weilt.

MBTI
    Enfp
    Enneagram
    497 sx/so
    Socionics
    IEE Fi

Euhm, how about, don't bother? Unless you live in a country where the language is used a lot, there's really no point

If you really wanna, I suggest listening to the language as much as possible, and realizing that the fact that you already speak a Germanic language makes it a lot easier to learn another language of that group. Also, we have a lot of set phrases and faux friends, not to mention a staggering amount of dialects

Ok now that I've sufficiantly scared you, if you are in love with a language, it's always worth learning it
    ★ڿڰۣ✿ℒoѵℯ✿ڿڰۣ★

Quote Originally Posted by Amargith View Post
    Euhm, how about, don't bother? Unless you live in a country where the language is used a lot, there's really no point

If you really wanna, I suggest listening to the language as much as possible, and realizing that the fact that you already speak a Germanic language makes it a lot easier to learn another language of that group. Also, we have a lot of set phrases and faux friends, not to mention a staggering amount of dialects

Ok now that I've sufficiantly scared you, if you are in love with a language, it's always worth learning it
    It has a practical purpose . I wasn't just a passing comment. Will try the listening part.
    Freude, schöner Götterfunken Tochter aus Elysium, Wir betreten feuertrunken, Himmlische, dein Heiligtum! Deine Zauber binden wieder Was die Mode streng geteilt; Alle Menschen werden Brüder, Wo dein sanfter Flügel weilt.

MBTI
    Enfp
    Enneagram
    497 sx/so
    Socionics
    IEE Fi

Translator's Trick: try to learn the basic grammar and pick up a vocabulary list in the field that you need the language in
    ★ڿڰۣ✿ℒoѵℯ✿ڿڰۣ★

MBTI
    ENFP
    Enneagram
    Socionics
    IEE

Quote Originally Posted by Rachelinpa View Post
    I definitely can relate. I usually adjust my speech depending on the person I am speaking with
    ^^I have become a god at doing the abovementioned.

My problem as an ENFP is losing interest in projects too damn quick. I'm like a bottle rocket, a quick shot of energy catalyzed by the smallest flame and a lot to show for it, but then after my last boom of creativity, I lose interest.

Then I bottle rocket away into some other "great" idea

Because you can't spell "Slaughter" without "Laughter"

MBTI
    ENFP
    Enneagram
    6w7

Quote Originally Posted by EvanTheClown View Post
    Then I bottle rocket away into some other "great" idea
    Or a gutter...

<Same problem
    SDMF