• You are currently viewing our forum as a guest, which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community, you will have access to additional post topics, communicate privately with other members (PM), view blogs, respond to polls, upload content, and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free, so please join our community today! Just click here to register. You should turn your Ad Blocker off for this site or certain features may not work properly. If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us by clicking here.

[ENFP] How do ENFPs show affection/interest?

Jgib5328

MBTI Type
INTJ
I'm on my college's debate team with this ENFP girl. Lately she's been going out of her way to greet me or talk to me about something, when I would've normally with my INTJ coldness not acknowledged her or slightly acknowledged her (not because I don't like her, just because I'm so ingrained in my own thoughts). I've also noticed her trying to start even more conversations with me and as we're talking she's been touching me in some way and I'm not sure if she does that to other guys, but I haven't seen it. She also seems to listen to what I say with interest too when I'm talking around her.

So I was wondering, what do you guys think? And in general how do ENFPs show affection or interest?

Thanks

The Chase

MBTI Type
ENFP
I'm on my college's debate team with this ENFP girl. Lately she's been going out of her way to greet me or talk to me about something, when I would've normally with my INTJ coldness not acknowledged her or slightly acknowledged her (not because I don't like her, just because I'm so ingrained in my own thoughts). I've also noticed her trying to start even more conversations with me and as we're talking she's been touching me in some way and I'm not sure if she does that to other guys, but I haven't seen it. She also seems to listen to what I say with interest too when I'm talking around her.

So I was wondering, what do you guys think? And in general how do ENFPs show affection or interest?

Thanks

That sounds like an ENFP just being an ENFP.

How do I show attention to a girl I like? It starts with with me trying to get to know the person in many different ways. And conversation is key. I'll sometimes start weaving in metaphors and story lines so that the longer we talk, the more intimate and yet surreal the conversations become. The storylines become the reason for the next activity (for example, some how we'll have decided that we cohorts in crime and we have to go out to dinner to plot our heist). That will lead to the next activity (the heist is being done at the museum, which we obviously have to visit in order to get a layout). Touch is worked into the story line (I'll check her hands and measure them to see what size gloves I need to get, touch her hair while thoughtfully considering the best spy wig to get).

I think for me, I love the electricity and the tension. I love to see what someone else will contribute to the story line. I love to see someone's imagination kick in and doing goofy things together. And I love the growing anticipation. I've been known to do stuff like this for a month or more before there is even a kiss.

Perhaps I believe that foreplay can begin at "hello" and not just when the lights go off.

If I'm paying attention to what you say and listening intently... that's not flirting. That's me paying attention to what you say and listening intently because you are interesting.

Then again, maybe that's just me.

Lady_X

MBTI Type
ENFP
Enneagram
Instinctual Variant
sx/sp
if i like like you you'll know it...i might say hey...you're interesting...come talk to me haha

kiddykat

movin melodies
MBTI Type
ENFP
Enneagram
4, 7
From the info provided, sounds like she's just being her friendly ol' self.

I tend to be friendly (minus the part of touching the guy) to guys that I see as friends. I talk to them like I would anybody. I talk to them as if they were one of my girlfriends. I guess that's what gets me in trouble.

When I like a guy, how do I act? I subconsciously tend to get coy. It depends on each ENFP female. I show interest in subtle ways by smiling, shying away.. In any case, I acknowledge the guy, though. I find that I'm less myself, because I become a bit more self-conscious. If he's a hot stud muffin- I get rrRed.

G-Virus

Broud Balestinian
MBTI Type
ENTP
Enneagram
I read somewhere (maybe on this site) that ENFP's actually behave in a way that is contradictory to what they normally act like. For example, ENFP's are naturally charming, funny, zany, quirky and loud, if they found you attractive in anyway, they would become shy, introverted, introspective, and more self conscious in a cute/wierd way.

Is this true guys?

BlueScreen

Fail 2.0
MBTI Type
YMCA
I read somewhere (maybe on this site) that ENFP's actually behave in a way that is contradictory to what they normally act like. For example, ENFP's are naturally charming, funny, zany, quirky and loud, if they found you attractive in anyway, they would become shy, introverted, introspective, and more self conscious in a cute/wierd way.

Is this true guys?

Well sort of for me, but I'm borderline I almost. It really depends on the personality type. Some make me quieter, some drive me to want to go nuts and be more ENFPish.

alcea rosea

MBTI Type
ENFP
Enneagram
7w6

It can be anything. She might really be interested in you in the way ENFP's see people as interesting (at least I do) or she might think you are attractive. I really couldn't say.

I would recommend you keep on observing her and talking to her and maybe she'll ask you out if she's interested (and if you are interested of going out with her). ;)

Is this true guys?

This very true to me, sometimes. Sometimes I just might be the one who makes the first move even if I don't have to make the first move anymore because I'm married and actually I was the one who made the first move..... go figure that out! ;)

Nameless

MBTI Type
ENFP
If she is giving you "extra" attention, she is interested in you for some reason. Whether it is romantic or not I don't know.

I know "just be yourself" is a common piece of advice people throw out about this kind of stuff, but I would say it is extra important around ENFPs...few things are a bigger turnoff than "fakeness." Whatever you usually do anyway is something this ENFP came over to check you out about to begin with.

And finally, when I like someone (I don't know if it applies for girls?), the interest depends on the person. If they can keep up with some intuitive verbal sparring or my sense of humor, then they get extra of that thrown at them. Lots of "clever" teasing (at least I think it is; not everyone would agree). If they aren't receptive to those kind of things, then the quiet shyness (as described above) often comes out...

Good luck!

Amargith

Hotel California
MBTI Type
ENFP
Enneagram
4dw
Instinctual Variant
sx/so
It would be my reaction to you as well. Why? Well, chances are you're pretty smart and have shown that somehow. Yet you stay pretty much in the background. Even worse..you don't acknowledge her that much. That is asking for attention of an ENFP dude :p She'll wanna know why you are that way and what makes you tick ;) And, chances are, if she can establish a connection with you, a deep emotional one, she'll get interested. Right now, though, she's scouting :p

G-Virus

Broud Balestinian
MBTI Type
ENTP
Enneagram
It would be my reaction to you as well. Why? Well, chances are you're pretty smart and have shown that somehow. Yet you stay pretty much in the background. Even worse..you don't acknowledge her that much. That is asking for attention of an ENFP dude :p She'll wanna know why you are that way and what makes you tick ;) And, chances are, if she can establish a connection with you, a deep emotional one, she'll get interested. Right now, though, she's scouting :p

And god damn are you guys good at scouting. ENFP's are the psychologists and can really figure people out better than any of the other types. I think it has something to do with projecting your own awsomely understood emotional sense onto others and seeing how they would react to similar situations. You guys are just good at walking a mile in someones shoes before you even know them.

Amargith

Hotel California
MBTI Type
ENFP
Enneagram
4dw
Instinctual Variant
sx/so
And god damn are you guys good at scouting. ENFP's are the psychologists and can really figure people out better than any of the other types. I think it has something to do with projecting your own awsomely understood emotional sense onto others and seeing how they would react to similar situations. You guys are just good at walking a mile in someones shoes before you even know them.

:blush::blush: We try :hug: It also means we genuinly find you fascinating :)

The Chase

MBTI Type
ENFP

Is this true guys?

For some reason, that's true when I'm dealing with SP's. They... are... just... so... I don't know. Pretty?

proteanmix

Plumage and Moult
Enneagram
1w2
Don't you ENFPs ever get tired of talking about yourselves?

proteanmix

Plumage and Moult
Enneagram
1w2
No I just logged on this morning and saw 10 threads about ENFPs yet again. I have plenty of opportunity to talk about myself and take advantage of it often. :)

G-Virus

Broud Balestinian
MBTI Type
ENTP
Enneagram
No I just logged on this morning and saw 10 threads about ENFPs yet again. I have plenty of opportunity to talk about myself and take advantage of it often. :)

None the less, to answer your original question, you know how narcissistic and vain ENFP's can be, let them have there fun. To add to that, I am glad that you take advantage of the oppurtunities to talk about yourself, because if you didn't then I would have less enjoyable posts to read. :hug:

mlittrell

MBTI Type
ENFP
Enneagram
9w1
We don't get tired of talking, period :hug:

i second that

and in regards to the question, i would say she is acting like herself

i know that when im interested in someone i get very shy and a bit quiet, otherwise i smother people... unless they are introverted in which case i give the space but smother them from a distance lol. just keep talking to her and see what develops

Lady_X

MBTI Type
ENFP
Enneagram
Instinctual Variant
sx/sp

Is this true guys?

it's possible...i would have to really like them. i don't get intimidated easily but...yeah...i have felt that way before.