• You are currently viewing our forum as a guest, which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community, you will have access to additional post topics, communicate privately with other members (PM), view blogs, respond to polls, upload content, and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free, so please join our community today! Just click here to register. You should turn your Ad Blocker off for this site or certain features may not work properly. If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us by clicking here.

[ENFP] How do ENFPs show affection/interest?

Rachelinpa

MBTI Type
ENFP
If she is giving you "extra" attention, she is interested in you for some reason. Whether it is romantic or not I don't know.

I agree with this. Not sure why she is interested, but she definitely is on some level. Probably picked up something from you that intrigued her.

If they can keep up with some intuitive verbal sparring or my sense of humor, then they get extra of that thrown at them.

Absolutely. I'm always looking for connections, so sometimes I know I like to test the person to see how much they can handle.

Wild horses

MBTI Type
ENFP
... not easily actually. I know that as an extravert I am supposed to be flashing my feeling left right and centre but I find that the more intense they are the less likely I am to show them (intially... but when I decide to show them then it's an emotional explsions LOL)

ajblaise

Minister of Propagandhi
MBTI Type
INTP
... not easily actually. I know that as an extravert I am supposed to be flashing my feeling left right and centre but I find that the more intense they are the less likely I am to show them (intially... but when I decide to show them then it's an emotional explsions LOL)

"the more intense they are"

Could you expand on that part a little bit? Intense in what way(s)?

Wild horses

MBTI Type
ENFP
Well I will try LOL... If somrething is really important to me and I feel deeply about it I am less likely to share it with someone else.. I am not as expressive with these emotions as I am about other emotions that course through my veins and are open to change evry other minute of the day LOL

phoenix13

MBTI Type
ENFP
Enneagram
7w8

Oh, that's very true. I do believe it's due to the introversion of our feeling function.

"the more intense they are"

Could you expand on that part a little bit? Intense in what way(s)?

I don't know about Wild horses, but there are 2 types of intensities that cause yours truly to shut down expressiveness: 1. Strong emotions. Sometimes they're so strong that expressing them is impossible. All you can do is sit and wait for them to go away. 2. Deep/profound emotions. This is likely what WH was referring to. They tend to be darker emotions and require processing (which involves figuring out why you "feel" whatever and accepting it and blah blah blah). I think this is the activity of Fi.

Wild horses

MBTI Type
ENFP
YES!!!!!!!! Absolutely... what you said about processing them... I get it alot with darker emotions I must process them and analyse them to some extent, I then go onto to rationalise them a little just so that I can function normally. The other strong emotions are difficult to express becaus eyou are aware that they are intense and that intense emotions are not really acceptable in the world in which we live therefore the only thing you can do is wait for them to pass, however, some of us have developed techinques to make them pass more quickly and if you keep doing that you can get it off to a fine art so that as soon as a strong unproductive emotion comes into you you reject it before it takes hold.... (as you have had expreiences in the past where people have rejected you because of your strong emotions, with me it was my parents both SJ neither equip to deal with an extremely sensitive child) but doing this all the time makes you feel empty and dead inside.. alomst like you are a fraud

PinkIceTD

MBTI Type
ENFP
It would be my reaction to you as well. Why? Well, chances are you're pretty smart and have shown that somehow. Yet you stay pretty much in the background. Even worse..you don't acknowledge her that much. That is asking for attention of an ENFP dude :p She'll wanna know why you are that way and what makes you tick ;) And, chances are, if she can establish a connection with you, a deep emotional one, she'll get interested. Right now, though, she's scouting :p

PRECISELY

Nillerz

MBTI Type
ENFP
I read somewhere (maybe on this site) that ENFP's actually behave in a way that is contradictory to what they normally act like. For example, ENFP's are naturally charming, funny, zany, quirky and loud, if they found you attractive in anyway, they would become shy, introverted, introspective, and more self conscious in a cute/wierd way.

Is this true guys?

Not true for me, I usually notice that my charm is doubled.

Jack Flak

Permabanned
MBTI Type
type
I read somewhere (maybe on this site) that ENFP's actually behave in a way that is contradictory to what they normally act like. For example, ENFP's are naturally charming, funny, zany, quirky and loud, if they found you attractive in anyway, they would become shy, introverted, introspective, and more self conscious in a cute/wierd way.

Is this true guys?
Well...Yeah. F'n memories. lol.

Lady_X

MBTI Type
ENFP
Enneagram
Instinctual Variant
sx/sp
loud?? i am not loud... are you other enfp's loud??

Lady_X

MBTI Type
ENFP
Enneagram
Instinctual Variant
sx/sp
haha nillerz!!
and jack!! haha

Jgib5328

MBTI Type
INTJ
I had two separate conversations with her today, that I started and she didn't seem to show any unusual sense of interest, it was just a normal conversation, oh well..

kyuuei

Emperor/Dictator
MBTI Type
enfp
Enneagram
How do ENFPs show affection/interest?

With affection and interest. ^_^b

... I do tend to be a bit reserved when I DO really like someone. I'll spend more time with them, and get to know them.. but my loud and colorful tendacies seem to be put on the backburner from this. I fail at flirting though in comparison to my ENFP and socially-savvy friends..

Water

MBTI Type
ENFP
Wowww an ENFP and INTJ situation yay. I love INTJ's they have the best personalities ever. Brag about something, if she looks at you like your lame than she doesn't like you and if she smiles than she does.

Lady_X

MBTI Type
ENFP
Enneagram
Instinctual Variant
sx/sp
yeah...i'm going to say when she thinks she likes you she'll probably be very talkative and flirty but...after she knows she likes you...she might be uncharacteristically shy and untalkative...what a funny thing that is...i had forgotten :)