User Tag List

First 12

`~~Philosoflying~~` SillySapienne's Avatar
    MBTI
    ENFP
    Enneagram
    4w5

Wait, let us find out more about this chick, if her T is relatively low, then perhaps she does know, but if it is relatively high, she probably doesn't.

Also, in what ways was she flirting?

My sister is very much so a one-of-the-guys type of gals, and she has a bazillion more male friends than she does female ones.

I think this woman is being methodical in the ways she is acting towards your fiance, unless of course, she *genuinely* likes him, which might be a possibility.

However, I think the fact that she has no idea that you dislike her acts as evidence towards the fact that she does not actually fancy your fiance, but rather views him as a person who can get her a promotion she so desperately wants.
    `
    'Cause you can't handle me...

"A lie is a lie even if everyone believes it. The truth is the truth even if nobody believes it." - David Stevens

"That that is, is. That that is not, is not. Is that it? It is."

Veritatem dies aperit

Ride si sapis

Intelligentle sparkles

MBTI
    ISTP
    Enneagram
    5x/o

Acceptable levels of friendly flirting vary from couple to couple, and honestly, how is she supposed to read your mind? To cut her off like that is cold.

MBTI
    INFJ
    Enneagram
    4w5
    Socionics
    INFj

The flirting was enough that other friends began commenting on it to me, and when I confronted my boyfriend he acknowledged that she had been acting inappropriately. Examples of the flirting were large volumes of phone calls and text messages, cornering him at parties and talking his ear off with lots of flattery, telling him about her love life in detail and asking him to help her find a guy, turning the conversation back onto herself and into a one-on-one interaction with him if I ever tried to interject, etc.

Thanks for all the comments, this is all very interesting. I had been pretty certain that this girl knew what she was doing and was just being very calculating and manipulative. I still think that's very possible but I'm not positive anymore. Thinking back, there are little instances that could seem to support either theory. I do think she's very strong on the thinking end and has a lot of trouble reading people. However, I also think she harbored some sort of feelings for my fiance (she seemed to get jealous if he paid me a compliment in front of her, and once I saw her get this look of unguarded happiness when he gave her a rare compliment). I've seen her flirt with a lot of her male coworkers (almost exclusively those who are her equals are above, she doesn't pay much attention to those below her), but she seemed particularly enamored with the ones who seemed immune to her wiles (such as my fiance). But whether that means she liked him or just liked the chase I'm not sure. She did seem to have feelings pretty bad for an ENTP coworker who is a friend of my fiancee's. He was the only one I can say 100% for sure that she had genuine feelings for. This guy knew she was infatuated with him, went on a couple dates with her, and then henceforth seemed to get pleasure out of tormenting her by talking to her constantly about how he liked some other girl. Before she was all out trying to get her claws in my guy I felt bad for her over that situation, but now of course I just think it's funny. (Karma!) What really strikes me in that situation though was how oblivious she was to the fact that Mr. ENTP clearly did this just to get under her skin, and how unguarded she was in her crush on him, even after he turned out to obviously be a jerk. That definitely makes me think she is way at the far reaches of the thinking scale, to have such little self-awareness and understanding of peoples' emotional motivations. Either way, I am glad she finally stopped trying to approach my fiance and I at parties/mixers. She got a promotion out of my fiance's office and seems to now be saving her flirting for bigger fish. I know some posters commented that I was being too passive aggressive with her, and that may be true, but I don't mind her making herself the victim in her own mind if it means she'll stay away from me. I just hope it lasts! I get the sense that if I lifted my guard with her for a moment she'd try to get right back in. Anyone else with insights about similar ESTJ women? I am kind of mystified by her behavior and would like to hear more insights or similar stories. Most of the ESTJ women I know may be assertive and blunt (among many positive traits, of course), but they don't approach anything near this girl's level of emotional coldness and unabashed flirtation. (I would say calculation but now I'm not completely sure that she's aware of what she's doing...)

MBTI
    ENFP
    Enneagram
    4w5

How sure are you that she is an ESTJ?
    `

"A lie is a lie even if everyone believes it. The truth is the truth even if nobody believes it." - David Stevens

Veritatem dies aperit

Ride si sapis

Intelligentle sparkles

MBTI
    INTP
    Enneagram
    5w4

It may not even be calculating. Some people lack introspection and just kind of careen into action after action without acknowledging their motives to themselves.
    Ti (43); Ne (41.8); Te (33.7); Fi (30.5); Ni (27.5); Se (24.7); Si (21.5); Fe (17.3)
    The More You Know the Less You Need. - Aboriginal Saying

MBTI
    INFJ
    Enneagram
    4w5
    Socionics
    INFj

Pretty positive she's ESTJ. Very extroverted, traditional, conservative. Very work-oriented and talks about work a lot in social settings. Seems to enjoy managing others and can be bossy. Very critical of people she considers inefficient or not good at their job. Attractive but dresses conservatively. Attends church regularly, spends a lot of time with family, etc.

Do you think she might be a different type? It is kind of strange seeing her personality traits on paper because it's hard to get my mind around how she can be so traditional and respectful of social traditions in many ways yet at the same time be such an attention seeker and flirt...

MBTI
    ENFP
    Enneagram
    4w5

Quote Originally Posted by mwv6r View Post
    Pretty positive she's ESTJ. Very extroverted, traditional, conservative. Very work-oriented and talks about work a lot in social settings. Seems to enjoy managing others and can be bossy. Very critical of people she considers inefficient or not good at their job. Attractive but dresses conservatively. Attends church regularly, spends a lot of time with family, etc.

Do you think she might be a different type? It is kind of strange seeing her personality traits on paper because it's hard to get my mind around how she can be so traditional and respectful of social traditions in many ways yet at the same time be such an attention seeker and flirt...
    Yeah, hmm, my sister, who is very much an ESTJ is very extroverted, aggressive and assertive. She is work-oriented simply because she is good at what she does and it pays very well, (she is a fan of acquiring lots of money), but outside of work she likes to pursue/engage in things that she enjoys and usually the last thing she wants to think about, let alone bring up, is work affairs.

My sister isn't really conservative, per se, she is just very stuck in her ways and adheres to the most efficient and effective ways/methods in which to obtain the things she desires. Regarding her dress code, she does not dress conservatively but rather comfortably, she will however dress up every once in awhile.

My sister is NOT a flirt, however, nor is she really an attention seeker though she may and does get a lot of it because she is an attractive, loud, domineering girl.

Also, I am unsure if this is characteristic of the type in general, but my sister is pretty damn masculine, and this is evidently/apparently so.

The girl that you describe sounds uber-girly and cunning in the way that she flirts, whereas my sister is kind of a retard in this department.
    `

Veritatem dies aperit

Ride si sapis

Intelligentle sparkles

MBTI
    XXXX
    Enneagram
    XXXX
    Socionics
    XXXX

I've got the best solution for you: You are attracted to her, she is attracted to your bf, and your bf may enjoy a fling with her. Why not a menage a troi!
    Hit like a heavyweight, breathe deep, meditate
    Make the whole crowd get loud, make 'em levitate
    I ride through my city like a presidential candidate
    L-A-X, Phantom double-R, and accelerate

MBTI
    INFJ
    Enneagram
    4w5
    Socionics
    INFj

I know this thread is long dead but I have an interesting update... After finishing most of my library's books on Myers-Briggs personality typing I've recently started reading about personality disorders in my spare time -- how everyone has a primary and a couple of secondary disorders that they are prone to and have some characteristics of but do not demonstrate at the level of a full-blown disorder. (Only about 10% of people ever develop actual personality disorders.) For example, I learned that I am prone to an avoidant personality, my fiance is prone to an aggressive personality, my parents are prone to obsessive-compulsive personalities, but we don't cross the threshold into actual personality disorders, etc., etc. Well, long story short, after reading about narcissistic personality disorder it suddenly occurred to me that that label fit my former ESTJ friend to a t. (Not just being prone to narcissism, but I believe she has the actual disorder.) Self-absorbed, arrogant, need to be the center of attention, jockeys for power through manipulation and flattery, inability to relate to others' feelings, etc. In light of that all of our interactions with her make a lot more sense to me! I read that the best way to deal with narcissists is to ignore them (apparently confronting them will enrage the narcissist and may make them hell-bent on destroying you... so I think I'll stick with ignoring her, lol.) Anyway, I recommend The Personality Self-Portrait by John Oldham and Lois Morris if anyone is interested in learning more about this alternate theory on personality typing. A lot of the personality disorders seem to match up nicely with the various Myers-Briggs types; I'll probably post a new thread about that sometime soon :o)