User Tag List

12 Last

Glycerine

Default How Does an INFJ Go about Developing Tertiary Ti?

I try to come up with logical rationales for my arguments and insights but I many times come off as a babbling idiot... haha

Banned
    MBTI
    type

Quote Originally Posted by IDK123 View Post
    I try to come up with logical rationales for my arguments and insights but I many times come off as a babbling idiot... haha
    You don't have tertiary Ti! You simply favor Feeling over Thinking. But I digress...

For someone to whom this "logical rationale" business doesn't come naturally, if you want to make a case, you'll probably have to put more effort into research, and possibly even find arguments made by others for the position you happen to find yourself occupying.

ish red no longer *sad* nightning's Avatar
    MBTI
    INfj

Head over to INTPc and hold a discussion/debate or two with them INTPs.

MBTI
    ESTP
    Enneagram
    873 sx/so
    Socionics
    SLE Ti

Quote Originally Posted by nightning View Post
    This.

Quote Originally Posted by IDK123 View Post
    Understanding your own thinking patterns seems the easiest way, seeing to want to be logical you have to be able to see the things that cause you not to be. ie. If you are comfortable in your response from the Ni and Fe then Ti will not be called upon. So recognising the weaknesses in Ni and Fe gives you a reason to use Ti more. I'd recommend thinking with a piece of paper infront of you, and trying to not dismiss anything you see or write even if you don't like it. ie. use Ni and Fe to find the flaws in themselves.

I never really had to think about developing my tertiary. For me Te developed from having an INTP (i think) for a father. It took much longer to realise I should be favouring my first two functions more instead.
    Freude, schöner Götterfunken Tochter aus Elysium, Wir betreten feuertrunken, Himmlische, dein Heiligtum! Deine Zauber binden wieder Was die Mode streng geteilt; Alle Menschen werden Brüder, Wo dein sanfter Flügel weilt.

Glycerine

Quote Originally Posted by Jack Flak View Post
    You don't have tertiary Ti! You simply favor Feeling over Thinking. But I digress...

For someone to whom this "logical rationale" business doesn't come naturally, if you want to make a case, you'll probably have to put more effort into research, and possibly even find arguments made by others for the position you happen to find yourself occupying.
    well, maybe I'm putting too much stock into the cognitive processes. Anyways, thank you for your input. I'll try to be more concious about reading up on things before I try to take my stance on some given subject.

Glycerine

Quote Originally Posted by noigmn View Post
    Understanding your own thinking patterns seems the easiest way, seeing to be logical you have to be able to see the things that cause you not to be. ie. If you are comfortable in your response from the Ni and Fe then Ti will not be called upon. So recognising the weaknesses in Ni and Fe gives you a reason to use Ti more. I'd recommend thinking with a piece of paper infront of you, and trying to not dismiss anything you see or write even if you don't like it. ie. use Ni and Fe to find the flaws in themselves.

I never really had to think about developing my tertiary. For me Te developed from having an INTP (i think) for a father. It took much longer to realise I should be favouring my first two functions more instead.
    haha ok, I'll try that sometime. You're so lucky! unfortunately, for me I've never had a strong Thinking influence. I'm probably one of the more logical ones in my family but still have a long way to go.

Glycerine

Quote Originally Posted by nightning View Post
    haha, ok, INTP's seem very intimidating because most appear to be extremely smart but I'll give it a go.

MBTI
    FREE
    Enneagram
    594 sx/sp
    Socionics
    LII Ne

Get Toonia over here.
    "Hey Capa -- We're only stardust." ~ "Sunshine"

“Pleasure to me is wonder—the unexplored, the unexpected, the thing that is hidden and the changeless thing that lurks behind superficial mutability. To trace the remote in the immediate; the eternal in the ephemeral; the past in the present; the infinite in the finite; these are to me the springs of delight and beauty.” ~ H.P. Lovecraft

MBTI
    INFJ
    Enneagram
    9w1
    Socionics
    INFj

Read tons and tons and tons and tons of books...preferably non-fiction. And then read some more. It should be quite natural after that.