• You are currently viewing our forum as a guest, which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community, you will have access to additional post topics, communicate privately with other members (PM), view blogs, respond to polls, upload content, and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free, so please join our community today! Just click here to register. You should turn your Ad Blocker off for this site or certain features may not work properly. If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us by clicking here.

[NF] NFPs and problems with carrying out ideas?

niki

MBTI Type
INFP
Oh yeah, I'm guilty. I think, plan, dream, but rarely ever act on anything. I guess that's why my life is so crappy now. I missed a lot of opportunities that were somewhat handed to me and I didn't take that leap. So no I don't really carry out plans, but I wish I did.

it feels crappy isn't it?
it's precisely the same like what i'm experiencing now.
lots & lots of people keep telling me that i have enormous talents in music (some said they would even kill to get a fraction of my music talents!)
but unfortunately, i am soo terribly procrastinator & lazy, that to even start composing it in the music software (these days) in my computer, i kept thinking of "how troublesome it will be" ....and then, NOTHING gets finished!

it made me frustrated verry much, because like you, i've felt like i'm a loser everytime people ask me they want to hear the songs , and i kept telling them "sorry, it's still UNfinished!" , and they're like "awww..." :(
and also, i've missed SOME great opportunities for some musical contests , even this one guy from U.S who've found me over Youtube,..i've failed him, because i didn't complete the music compositions and never finished 'em :(

it's so crappy, because in this REAL LIFE , as much as you want it, you CAN'T just have ideas flying around you, while NOTHING gets actualized/materialized.
after all, it's a Physical world we're living in, that require things to get manifested physicall, in order for others to SEE (duh!) .. :/

even writing this post, and then kept browsing this forum is already a sign of me procrastinating, instead of working on my music projects (after going back from my daytime work).
sucks..

niki

MBTI Type
INFP
Oh yeah, I'm guilty. I think, plan, dream, but rarely ever act on anything. I guess that's why my life is so crappy now. I missed a lot of opportunities that were somewhat handed to me and I didn't take that leap. So no I don't really carry out plans, but I wish I did.

it sucks isn't it?
i've experienced the similar thing like you
lots of people told me that they would kill to get a fraction of my musical talents, yet being so lazy & damn procrastinator i am, i've usually NEVER finished my musical compositions. so it just made me feel like crap everytime people enthusiastically asked where's my new compositions, i kept telling them "sorry, it's still unfinished", and they go like "aww..."
and plus, i've also missed some GREAT opportunities (even from one U.S guy who's interested in my music compositions,..i've turned him down because i didn't finish the compositions :( ).

it sucks, because since we're living in a Physical world, thus we CAN'T just have ideas flying around without anything gets manifested physically, for others to see. because having lots of ideas, but with NO work = zero. zero.
and that just made feel like crap.

even now, as i'm writing this post, and kept 'addicted' browsing this forum, is already a good sign of how i'm a damn procrastinator.. arggh!

jtanSis1

MBTI Type
INFP
we need almost constant motivation to get anything done, kind of like an ENFJ to kick-start us into action and help us keep it going. I mean sure, I like always improving the improvements, but at this point they're good enough for anyone other than me.

niki

MBTI Type
INFP
but isn't "feeling bad because of nothing ever gets accomplished by procrastinating" itself already a 'constant motivation' ?
...or still not enough for us NFPs? *sigh*..

Ashri

MBTI Type
INFP
Enneagram
4/9
It's funny finding this thread.. I got online tonight (diligently procrastinating of course) and happened upon this site looking up something totally unrelated. Got curious about the typology lingo, did some research and am now a self-diagnosed INFP. Got even MORE curious to see what this school of thought had to say about ACTION.. why is it that I keep putting this THING and so many other things off?? I was actually going to start a new thread and ask exactly that, only to find 2 threads already started on the subject! I can't tell you how good it feels to read all these other posts that reflect my own inner angst along with my strengths, tendencies, etc. Had to join and chime in.

I find there are periods where I am in the zone.. things get done and life is rockin. I achieve a normal or even a slightly higher than normal degree of productivity and I feel great. My creativity has a tangible outlet. There's a product.. a good one. There's a vision and its got legs. But during times of transition my gears get easily knocked off track and things start slipping in ALL areas of life simultaneously.. which is where I am now. It sucks. It's like I don't want to face it, I don't want to deal with it. Then I feel incompetent, I don't want to go out, I don't want to talk to anybody.. blah.

I'll keep an eye out on this thread for the magic answer............

(actually a partial answer has already found me, thanks to reading the above posts- it's ok to have this trait, I'm not alone.. Someone's signature on another thread stuck with me- 'submit to mediocrity.')

I think now I can finally go to sleep.

jtanSis1

MBTI Type
INFP
I think were supposed to learn this lesson from the J's out there to balance us out.