User Tag List

First 34567 Last

My waking life was once little more than a stream of "Conscious Daydreams", as Jennifer called them.

I hadn't even noticed that slip away from me.

I was never prone to sexual fantasies.

Lately I have a recurring daydream/nightdream that I am a horse unable to cease my furious gallop, running faster and faster until eventually I bust into a cloud of ash, swirling away in the winds . . .
    Last edited by Quiesce; 01-10-2008 at 04:50 PM.

Tenured roisterer SolitaryWalker's Avatar
    MBTI
    INTP
    Enneagram
    5w6 so/sx

Quote Originally Posted by niffer View Post
    Can we ban him? Please?

He's an SP, go easy on him.
    "Do not argue with an idiot. They drag you down to their level and beat you with experience." -- Mark Twain

“No man but a blockhead ever wrote, except for money.”---Samuel Johnson

My blog: www.randommeanderings123.blogspot.com/

MBTI
    FREE
    Enneagram
    594 sx/sp
    Socionics
    LII Ne

Quote Originally Posted by BlueWing View Post
    He's an SP go easy on him.
    At least he doesn't daydream about killing beautiful women and banging evil people. Then we'd have to do more than ban him. (Like, call the Cuckoo's Nest.)
    "Hey Capa -- We're only stardust." ~ "Sunshine"

“Pleasure to me is wonder—the unexplored, the unexpected, the thing that is hidden and the changeless thing that lurks behind superficial mutability. To trace the remote in the immediate; the eternal in the ephemeral; the past in the present; the infinite in the finite; these are to me the springs of delight and beauty.” ~ H.P. Lovecraft

MBTI
    ENfP
    Enneagram
    8w9 sx/sp

Today I pretended to be a worm.

And a squash flower.
    sparkly sparkly rainbow excretions

Quote Originally Posted by ThatGirl View Post
    holy shit am I a feeler?
    if you like my avatar, it's because i took it myself! : D

MBTI
    INTP
    Enneagram
    5w6 so/sp

Quote Originally Posted by cafe View Post
    My fantasies range from going on a nice weekend getaway with my hubby to traveling the world. My most vivid, however has to be watching an enemy wake up and realize that the pain in their neck that woke them was me cutting their throat. I watch them realize they are dead, that it was me who made them die, I watch the life drain from their eyes and smell their blood before I creep quietly back out their bedroom window. I haven't had that one in a few years, nor have I had the one about stabbing myself in the heart. Life has obviously gotten better.
    ...I'd always wondered how you INFJs reconcile the inherently ruthless nature of Ni with having Fe as your secondary function.
    Dost thou love Life? Then do not squander Time; for that's the Stuff Life is made of.

-- Benjamin Franklin, Poor Richard's Almanack, June 1746 --

MBTI
    INTJ

Off topic, but your comment, mycroft, about the ruthless nature of Ni has made quite an impact on me.

This signature left intentionally blank.

Really.

Permabanned
    MBTI
    INTJ
    Enneagram
    5w6 sp/sx
    Socionics
    ILE

Why do you suppose the Ni nature is inherently ruthless, Mycroft?

My guess is because INxJs are so rare that they are picked on during their youth.

MBTI
    FREE
    Enneagram
    594 sx/sp
    Socionics
    LII Ne

Ni is ruthless because it holds no point of view, really, as the "most accurate." It can reposition itself to perceive ANY viewpoint. There is really no inherent "best" externally objective moral POV, there is only a point of view that is chosen by the viewer...

This would seem to conflict with one's sense of how people should be treated externally (or COULD conflict, easily).

I found Mycroft's comment intriguing. INFJ would be in conflict. INTJ would not, though... which might lead to the "ruthless" reputation some INTJs acquire in pursuit of their goals.
    "Hey Capa -- We're only stardust." ~ "Sunshine"

“Pleasure to me is wonder—the unexplored, the unexpected, the thing that is hidden and the changeless thing that lurks behind superficial mutability. To trace the remote in the immediate; the eternal in the ephemeral; the past in the present; the infinite in the finite; these are to me the springs of delight and beauty.” ~ H.P. Lovecraft

MBTI
    INTJ

Thank you for that explanation, Jennifer, makes sense. Sometimes when you see something written a certain way it gives you pause.

This signature left intentionally blank.

Really.

MBTI
    INTP
    Enneagram
    5w6 so/sp

I'm still letting this notion drift about my mind, but I'll attempt to explain what I meant. What Jennifer posted is a good, rational explanation. How I will attempt to expound is based upon personal experience and not much more, so bear with me.

Ni, in my experience, is charged with that imperative; that sense of "humans, animals, plants; life forms, in all their shapes and sizes, they come and they go. But this, this is beyond all of that. This is the way it must be, and I'll see to it!"

I can't really explain further without sounding like a nut case, but in my experience, Ni causes everything to seem like so much mist, and the revelations you have as so much more important that, hey, if you got to break a few eggs to make your omelet, then so be it. Te is, like all things consciously perceived, simply a tool used to implement these imperatives.

This being my experience, I was always curious how people for whom Fe is their secondary function, with its emphasis on the relationships between creatures that Ni would implicitly posit as nothing more than transient phenomena, reconcile those two.

...at any rate, I tried, and if this sounds like hogwash, you'll forgive me. Maybe in the future I'll be better able to elucidate what I mean.
    Dost thou love Life? Then do not squander Time; for that's the Stuff Life is made of.

-- Benjamin Franklin, Poor Richard's Almanack, June 1746 --