FREE
    Enneagram
    594 sx/sp
    Socionics
    LII Ne

Conscious Daydreams
    - Flying
    - Exploring space and/or time
    - Being / Living as female (even trivial-seeming things, like going out for coffee or just clothes-shopping with friends... not much excitement here!)
    - Designing a home / living space that "feels" right
    - Being appealing / attractive to someone romantically
    - Being pregnant
    - Lost in my own worlds / visions / creative and logical thought processes [just taking an idea and following it through as far as I can]

Sex fantasies usually consist of either:
    - Being "bad"
    - Being desired by someone more powerful than me

(And that's all I'm going to say about that!)

Quote Originally Posted by ptgatsby
    Seriously though, my fantasies aren't "fantasies" - I'm dead set on creating a magnetic accelerator in my apartment. And I'm dead set on building that potatoe gun. I honestly have a hard time separating a reasonable fantasy like "I want to learn to cook and show it off to my friends!" and an unreasonable fantasy like "I'm going to ski every run on every mountain in BC".
    I was going to say "fantasy" blurs into the things I want to understand and/or create -- they can sometimes be less fantasy and more just exploration/understanding something totally.

Oh yes, I've always wished I had the time and money to be an alpine climber (and to get up Everest, although some of the other peaks take more ambition nowadays) or a rock climber. I imagine climbing and/or reaching the top of some beautiful views sometimes.
    "Hey Capa -- We're only stardust." ~ "Sunshine"

“Pleasure to me is wonder—the unexplored, the unexpected, the thing that is hidden and the changeless thing that lurks behind superficial mutability. To trace the remote in the immediate; the eternal in the ephemeral; the past in the present; the infinite in the finite; these are to me the springs of delight and beauty.” ~ H.P. Lovecraft

MBTI
    INFJ

Quote Originally Posted by Jennifer View Post
    This is totally off the cuff (and I admit it), but the very first thought that ran through my mind (and I will just think about women right now, although it might apply to men):

Are INFJ women terrified at the thought of lashing out at / hurting others?
    And are INTJ women terrified at the thought of being powerless?

[Control issue: One fears losing control and hurting others, the other fears losing control and not being able to resolve/accomplish things]

And could these fears be what is coming out in the dreams? Are these negative feelings suppressed during the day and/or otherwise ignored, only to be dredged up by the subconscious and dealt with during sleep and/or daydreaming?

I wonder...
    That's a good guess; it seems to apply to me. Except that I don't suppress these fears--I struggle with them and live them out every day. The dilemma between hurting someone or protecting them is a huge one for me. I feel like I'm always weighing the potential consequences of my actions, trying to decide whether the results of a certain action are worth the pain it could cause others.

Sometimes I really really want not to love or care so that I could do what I felt was right without worrying about who got hurt. It seems like such a free and easy way to live. Unfortunately, people matter.

I do have vivid, violent nightmares.

heart on fire

Daydreams:

-Fiction storylines about other people.

-How my life might have been different if I was a stronger person, both mentally and physically.

-How I could have made better choices in certain areas of my life, mostly school and interaction with family.

-Tossing around various ideas and applying them to hypothetical situations.

Revenge fanatsies usually take the form of having the fates enact upon others the pain they cause. Their own stupidity and hubris doing them in.

Permabanned
    MBTI
    INTJ
    Enneagram
    5w6 sp/sx
    Socionics
    ILE

Why separate sex fantasies from "daydreams"? They're both fantasies and they're both conscious.

MBTI
    ISTP

Quote Originally Posted by Jennifer View Post
    Oh yes, I've always wished I had the time and money to be an alpine climber (and to get up Everest, although some of the other peaks take more ambition nowadays) or a rock climber. I imagine climbing and/or reaching the top of some beautiful views sometimes.
    Or, perhaps, Kilimanjaro. Not that I've planned this out... or anything...

But that's what I mean. I go from "that'd be cool" to "I'm bloody well doing it". I'm not sure where to draw the line for fantasies until they are wayyyyyyy out there. And even then, if it is physically possible... I'm not sure I wouldn't be thinking of a way to do it (by physically, I'm not even talking about swimming across the pacific Ocean. I'm honestly not sure if that'd be "impossible" enough not to consider. I'm talking about visiting other dimensions - something I'd be in line for if it ever happened - but not something I can make happen).

~*taaa raaa raaa boom*~ targobelle's Avatar
    MBTI
    enfp

alright I have spent sometime thinking about my fantasies and well they aren't all sexual here are some more....

I fantasize about

~ being skinny
    ~ having enough money to decorate my house my way, and not the hand me down way
    ~ being happy
    ~ the what ifs of life........
    ~t ...in need of hugs please...
    Jung Test Results
    Extroverted (E) 63.16% Intuitive (N) 60.53% Feeling (F) 84.38% Perceiving (P) 87.1% ~Your type is: ENFP

MBTI
    isfp
    Enneagram
    4w5 sp/sx

Quote Originally Posted by faith View Post
    I do have vivid, violent nightmares.
    That happens to me also and it is horrible. I recently had a dream that I had to cut off my left index finger. It was a feeling of horrible loss. I also had a dream that I was in a hostage situation with a group of people. My mother and i tried to run off and she got shot. I also have many alien invasion dreams. I used to have a recurring dream about the moon crashing into the earth. It always started serenely, then the person I was with would say, "Doesn't the moon look larger tonight?" Then i'd get that heavy, sick feeling. My mind would develop a sense of the magnitude of catastrophe and my helplessness.

I don't dream about revenge like a 'good' INFJ is supposed to do. I prefer peaceful resolutions, simple solutions. Conflict makes me tired. Sexual fantasies can be rather drawn out scenarios with a great many details and always explores the mind as well. It also has to do with the experience of my being perceived as sensual by someone. For some reason, isolated scenarios really draw me. I also fantasize about setting foot on another planet, like Europa on which Jupiter would hang heavily in the sky, reflecting upon its ice. I also enjoy attempting to conceptualize things like the fourth dimension, imagining what it would look like to see a hypersphere move through space. I'm regrettably ignorant of formal study, but if time were a dimension, I wonder what the four-dimensional shape of a person would look like. Perhaps like drawn out ribbons interweaving with one another in this long braid of humanity streaming from the earth. Okay, so that one is extra weird, but stuff like that entertains me.
    Step into my metaphysical room of mirrors.
    Fear of reality creates myopic morality
    So I guess it means there is trouble until the robins come
    (from Blue Velvet)

Permabanned
    MBTI
    ExTJ

Quote Originally Posted by toonia View Post
    That happens to me also and it is horrible. I recently had a dream that I had to cut off my left index finger. It was a feeling of horrible loss. I also had a dream that I was in a hostage situation with a group of people. My mother and i tried to run off and she got shot. I also have many alien invasion dreams. I used to have a recurring dream about the moon crashing into the earth. It always started serenely, then the person I was with would say, "Doesn't the moon look larger tonight?" Then i'd get that heavy, sick feeling. My mind would develop a sense of the magnitude of catastrophe and my helplessness.
    Look at the bright side, you could actually change your dreams into summer action movies.

MBTI
    ENfP
    Enneagram
    8w9 sx/sp

Life is like a daydream...every second I fantasize about something different..

For example, right now I'm listening to music and imagining being a dancer at some performance or whatever, and after I finish typing this, I'm actually going to get up and dance. It's a good song!

fact: niffer can bellydance
    sparkly sparkly rainbow excretions

Quote Originally Posted by ThatGirl View Post
    holy shit am I a feeler?
    if you like my avatar, it's because i took it myself! : D

MBTI
    INFP
    Enneagram

Hmmm, never met anyone who fantisises like i do, seems no-one on this thread does either

My most recent fantasy was a series of battles where, suddenly in our world, everyones beliefs started to become reality, and the stronger and more people believed in something the more true it would become. Anyway, while people tried to create peace by deciding on a universal belief to become reality, everyone assumed that their own beliefs were superior so it ended in war.

The buddhists went first then other major and minor religious and personal beliefs began to die out (myer briggs very early on). In the end only a few individuals with strong beliefs were left, a few muslims, one or two christians, a guy from his own cult, someone who was convinced he was god, a devil worshipper and an absolute nihilist.

Some of the one on one fights were entertaining (levay satanist vs devil worshipper was a good one, as was hard atheist vs fundy christian and fundy vs muslim), but in the end the best bit was when all the remaining people had to team up and set their differences aside to fight the nihilist! Unfortunatly he was too strong and reality ended with a scream of "THERE IS NOTHING".

Still there were glimpses of a sequel, (a seperate reality made by a few humans and aliens away from the destroyed one), which hopefully will explain why beliefs are having a direct effect on reality, because it never explained why it was happening!

Anyway that was today's fantasy, was a long but good one, hope tomorrows is as good

Oh and most of my fantasies are violent in some form, and i'm normally (if i'm in them) very powerful but not the most powerful. I think this is me just desiring more respect and control, since everyone thinks i'm a strange idiot in real life.