User Tag List

First 345

MBTI
    ENFP
    Enneagram

Hardwork produces talent. Luck is luck.
    I would think hardwork comes first, luck then talent. Talent is easily gained through hard work. Having it from the beginning is just a head start.

hardwork. Treating every obstacle as a chance to grow. Treating every injury, every hurt as a chance to grow. Everytime someone tells you you cannot do something, use that as fuel to drive yourself even harder to achieve the goal. Take the pain and anger at that comment as use it ias fuel to drive you forward, to recreate yourself as needed into something better.

Talent-Cool book showed that the top performers in music where those who practiced the most over time. Again-use your failures to drive yourself even harder. You would not be an artist if you did not have talent-build upon that talent by working harder. Never be satisfied by your initial attempts.

Luck-Always there I suppose.

My question-how do you measure "success"? Is this in financial gain, self satisfaction at your own efforts, external acclimation? I dunno, I figure this would be personal.

MBTI
    ENTJ
    Enneagram
    7w8
    Socionics
    ENTj

luck and talent. if you're placed in the right spot (luck) for your talents to shine (talent), hard work will naturally follow, since doing something you're good at always feels good and lends itself to positive feedback cycles (in this case, positive positive feedback cycles).

Talent is easily gained through hard work.
    No...you never gain talent through hard work. If you do, then it's not talent.
    ENTj 7-3-8 sx/sp

MBTI
    INFP
    Enneagram
    4w5
    Socionics
    LoL

Quote Originally Posted by niki View Post
    talents, hardwork, and luck : which matters the most?
    Replace "luck" with "people skills/networking/social skills/EQ/likability" (which is about 90% of luck anyway) and I would say luck matter most...
    "How can I be, all I want to be,
    When all I want to do is strip away these stilled constraints
    And crush this charade, shred this sad, masquerade"
    http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=qGeq5v7L3WM

garbage

Talents have to be honed and put to good use through hard work. This work will create opportunities--that is, "luck". These opportunities, in turn, create an environment where one can make even more effective use of his talents.

The aspiring musician who plays at a different bar every single night of the week will be a lot more "lucky" than one who just plays once a week.

MBTI
    INfP
    Enneagram
    5w4

i think people have gifts, which become talents by hardwork.

luck is all the other variables... by being in the right place in the right time you can affect your luck...

Quote Originally Posted by Orobas View Post
    My question-how do you measure "success"? Is this in financial gain, self satisfaction at your own efforts, external acclimation? I dunno, I figure this would be personal.
    That is also my question, at what point can you consider yourself successful? Are you not successful as a musician just because you are not rich and famous and didn't have loads of Number 1 songs? After all you might still have influenced a lot of people positively while playing for years and years in different bars and small venues.

I guess I just have a problem with this notion that you are not a success unless you have fought your way to the very top or are the very best in your field of expertise. There is so much talent in people out there but not everyone can be at the very top, there is just not enough space up there. So you might still consider yourself a success even if you are "just" in the middle of the pack, as long as you know you have made the best out of the talents you have by putting in some hard work to develop them.

MBTI
    INfP
    Enneagram
    5w4

^ yeah, i definitely agree. some people don't value fame and fortune very high, anyway. if i was a musician, for example, was true to myself, felt good about my purpose and about my life, had touched some people with my music and truly enjoyed it... i wouldn't concider myself a failure.