• You are currently viewing our forum as a guest, which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community, you will have access to additional post topics, communicate privately with other members (PM), view blogs, respond to polls, upload content, and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free, so please join our community today! Just click here to register. You should turn your Ad Blocker off for this site or certain features may not work properly. If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us by clicking here.

[MBTI General] This ENFP guy is driving me crazy!

The Chase

MBTI Type
ENFP
Herein may lie our fundamental disagreement. To clarify though, what I said was that they couldn't write the book based on their own observations. ISTJs excel at condensing and relaying studies which are already out there, however. We have an ISTJ MBTI author on our very forum, after all.

Capacity. Does the INTP have the capacity to do munane data entry for hours and hour and hours? Yes. Would it be likely that you would ever find an INTP doing that? No, it's contrary to their natural tendencies or inclinations.

The same is true with the ISTJ. They have the capacity write the book based on their own observations. But it would take a lot of effort and they probably wouldn't be very happy about it.

Cimarron

IRL is not real
MBTI Type
ISTJ
Enneagram
5w6
Instinctual Variant
sp/so
There's also a societal slant that favors the ISTJ's way of doing it, meaning going against that is unwanted, unneeded, and very unfamiliar.

Last edited:

Jack Flak

Permabanned
MBTI Type
type
Capacity. Does the INTP have the capacity to do munane data entry for hours and hour and hours? Yes. Would it be likely that you would ever find an INTP doing that? No, it's contrary to their natural tendencies or inclinations.

The same is true with the ISTJ. They have the capacity write the book based on their own observations. But it would take a lot of effort and they probably wouldn't be very happy about it.
I should've said good book. I'm pretty horrible at filing and data entry.

penelope

MBTI Type
INxJ
haha, I don't have the internets for 2 days and I come back and it's about ISTP/ENFP?

Anyhow, I've enjoyed reading the dialogue since my last post. Plenty of insight noted!

Wonkavision

Retired Member
MBTI Type
ENFP
Enneagram
7w8
*Smiles* See if he's willing to drop his walls around you, so you're both equally naked. And see if you can get him to seriously talk about intimate things. I'm not male, but for me there's a difference between flirting and genuinly being attracted and you can tell by wether or not my silly switch is on constantly, or if I'm really able to talk about serious stuff with you on a very very intimate level. If that's the case, then there is definite attraction.

Also, let him contact you. If you're just another girl to him, he will be too distracted to constantly contact you (too many projects). Do make it worth his while when he does! Otherwise, he'll move on. If he can't stay away from you, you have a pretty good chance at him being totally into you ;)

Good luck
Amargith

PS: to the male ENFPs, feel free to validate this or tell me it doesn't work this way for males ;)

I can't speak for all male ENFPs, but this certainly applies to me.

I've been married for 5 years now, to a woman who did these things consistently while we were dating.

EDIT: She's an INFP, by the way, which is probably relevant. If not for any other reason, I think they are good at getting under people's skin/getting people to open up/being seductive/making people fall in love with them!!!! :)

Wonkavision

Retired Member
MBTI Type
ENFP
Enneagram
7w8
Some insight from an ENFP male:

When I am strongly attracted to a woman... she will generally become the focus of my attention. There is a pretty predictable pattern that I go into.

First, I will find a way to spend a lot of time with you. I'll take you to as many different places as possible. I'll ask you as many different questions as I can think of. And I'll find a wide variety of activities to get you engaged. And while it may seem like I am doing everything randomly... almost everything is deliberate and planned (albeit planned on the fly). I'm constantly monitoring and developing new theories, putting together new patterns, and testing new ideas.

Now while this is all can seem rather intense... what I am really doing is getting to know you and figuring out what makes you tick. I want to see what makes you laugh, what makes you hopeful, what scares you, what your favorite things in life are, etc.

There is a secret though... if you reach that level of intimacy with me, you have already passed the prescreening process. I quickly sized you up and discovered something special about you that I want to understand and/or admire. And I care enough to take the time to learn all of your little quirks.

The other secret is when I am in this mode, I don't judge. I am so consumed by wanting to understand what makes you tick that very little phases me. If you told me that you spent 10 years with a heroin habit that you finally kicked, my immediate thought would be "that's amazing to know! I wonder how that effected her and shaped her into who she is now."

So do I see through you? Pretty close. Am I aware of what I am doing to you? Usually. Do I have super powers? Probably. But as an Idealist, I feel obligated to use my powers for good.

Let me know if there is anything else you are curious about.

I'm also a male ENFP, and I agree with every word here.

Well said.

Laurie

Was E.laur
MBTI Type
ENFP
Enneagram
7w6
Wow, awesome description of getting to know someone as an enfp. Count me as that being true for an enfp woman too. It's also true for friendship, in a way.