User Tag List

First 34567 Last

Banned
    MBTI
    type

There is a part of the ENFP which is attracted to the ISTJ beyond initial interest. It's based on the ENFPs natural desire for harmony and the ISTJs drive to efficiently maintain society. The ISTJ is seen as doing good for the world.

Or that's how I see it.

MBTI
    ENFP

I agree.. We sense something stabilizing in the ISTJ and we may even mistake it for harmony. They present attributes that we somehow lack and so they seem like the answer to all our logistical prayers LOL
    ... couldn't drag me away

Željko Ražnatovic: argus
    Željko Ražnatovic: do you want heir's?
    WildHorses: HAHAHAHAHAHAHA
    Željko Ražnatovic: to carry your genealogical code??

Banned
    MBTI
    type

Quote Originally Posted by Wild horses View Post
    I agree.. We sense something stabilizing in the ISTJ and we may even mistake it for harmony. They present attributes that we somehow lack and so they seem like the answer to all our logistical prayers LOL
    Well they may well answer your logistical prayers. But I think the ENFP "requires" someone who understands them on a different level than the ISTJ usually will, hence I don't recommend the match for the long term.

But that's just my cold, rational analysis.

MBTI
    ENFP
    Enneagram
    9w1 sx/so

seems like...but yeah...NO!!!
    There can’t be any large-scale revolution until there’s a personal revolution, on an individual level. It’s got to happen inside first.
    -Jim Morrison

MBTI
    ENFP

Quote Originally Posted by Jack Flak View Post
    Well of course it's only half true when you ignore the exception granting statement "More oft than not." Oh, you ENFPs, and your fractions.
    That had me rolling. I'll admit that technically, you are correct in your assessment. Arguing with an INTP over syntax when the issue is nuance... it's just a bad idea. So let me preface this all by saying that you are right.

But...

I used the half true statement because while your statement was accurate, it was incomplete. It's not as simple as courting a person that is interesting, learning about them, and then leaving them in pursuit of something new.

For me, a former lover isn't just someone I was fascinated by... until I got to know them over time and I eventually found something else more interesting... they are a part of the rich tapestry that is my life. They helped shape my view of the world and given meaning to it. And I know that my life wouldn't be the same without having shared that experience with them.
    And while I may be off learning or exploring or whatever... I am normally still available for them should the ever need it. There is a sense of awe and indebtedness.

The focus might not be what it was. But the warmth of my caring and compassion remains long after everything has passed.

Unless they are still needy years later... then I maintain my warmth and compassion at a distance.

MBTI
    ENFP

Yea I know what you guys mean.. really I do.. I have felt dissatisfaction before however, there is always one ISTJ exception to the rule.. but I must agree whilst me and my ISTJ friend hear the words that are left unspoken me and my INTJ friend understand and suaully share the words/ feelings/ something I can't quite describe, left unspoken... Umm why is that?
    ... couldn't drag me away

Željko Ražnatovic: argus
    Željko Ražnatovic: do you want heir's?
    WildHorses: HAHAHAHAHAHAHA
    Željko Ražnatovic: to carry your genealogical code??

Banned
    MBTI
    type

Quote Originally Posted by Wild horses View Post
    Yea I know what you guys mean.. really I do.. I have felt dissatisfaction before however, there is always one ISTJ exception to the rule.. but I must agree whilst me and my ISTJ friend hear the words that are left unspoken me and my INTJ friend understand and suaully share the words/ feelings/ something I can't quite describe, left unspoken... Umm why is that?
    When one of you lives in a world of nuance and possibility, and the other a world of observable reality and well-established fact, you'll never be communicating on the same level.

Even when educating each other of your respective perspectives, skepticism remains. You may each think, in other words "You only think that's important because you don't see it the way I do."

MBTI
    ISTJ
    Enneagram
    5w6 sp/so

Wait a minute. The original poster was an INFJ.
    You can't spell "justice" without ISTJ.

Banned
    MBTI
    type

Quote Originally Posted by Cimarron View Post
    Wait a minute. The original poster was an INFJ.
    Yes, but this thread is being dominated by those keen on nuance and possibility, Sir.

MBTI
    ISTJ
    Enneagram
    5w6 sp/so

Well, hopefully. I mean there's plenty that could be gleaned from this, but only if you're willing to put in effort. Never mind...
    You can't spell "justice" without ISTJ.