User Tag List

First 12345 Last

MBTI
    ENFP
    Enneagram
    9w1 sx/so

Yay!! we helped! haha
    There can’t be any large-scale revolution until there’s a personal revolution, on an individual level. It’s got to happen inside first.
    -Jim Morrison

MBTI
    Enfp
    Enneagram
    497 sx/so
    Socionics
    IEE Fi

So sit back and enjoy the ride
    There's nothing quite like the rush you are experiencing right now. You'd be mad not to enjoy it fully
    ★ڿڰۣ✿ℒoѵℯ✿ڿڰۣ★

"Harm none, do as ye will”

MBTI
    ENFP
    Socionics
    ENFp

Quote Originally Posted by EvanTheClown View Post
    As an ENFP guy, its really hard to tone down the intensity in relationships, or prospects for relationships, especially in early phases. I don't know how fast I should be moving emotionally. I can read how they react to what I say and do, but its hard to judge how much I should press my personality onto them.

From what you've said, he opens up to you just as much as he gets you to open up to him, which is a good thing. As long as I'm single, I do small flirting, little sexual references here and there to the girls I have any attraction or interest in at all, but when I'm actually interested in a girl I try to get to know her inner workings and craft a real bonding connection. The problem with this is that I'm so openly willing to make the attachment that I can only imagine it to be hard for someone less open to keep up.
    And I can switch from intimate conversation mode to "hey lets go eat and socialize" jovial conversation mode on a whim, which must be confusing.

Yep this sounds like me.

You know, I love MBTI and all, but sometimes it's a little scary how IDENTICAL I am when it comes to almost every aspect of my life. I thought I was unique...

MBTI
    ENFJ

Quote Originally Posted by penelope View Post
    Me = INFJ.

Him = ENFP.

I've spent some time with him. There've been romantic happenings, so there's no denial in attraction. And I'm on my toes with this guy. I can't get comfortable enough to feel confident (and I usually am) because I can tell he sees straight through me. It's like he knows me better than myself and I feel completely exposed, and I'm not sure if how it makes me feel is wrong or good. I'm extremely attracted to him and his intensity and confidence and it's a big change from guys in my past (usually I attract the guys that are as feminine as me or just as emotional). But I just can't get comfortable in my own skin around him. And I just can't tell how genuinely interested he is in me rather than a chase and capture or if it's even a power thing for him. He's very charming, very comedic, very confident and passionate in everything he does and I could so very easily be smitten. But something in my gut just can't get comfortable. Is this just because I've never met someone able to see past all my defenses? Or should I dig further and be careful?
    When you find the answer, let me know... I'm in the same situation.
    There is no such thing as separation from God.

MBTI
    ENFP

Some insight from an ENFP male:

When I am strongly attracted to a woman... she will generally become the focus of my attention. There is a pretty predictable pattern that I go into.

First, I will find a way to spend a lot of time with you. I'll take you to as many different places as possible. I'll ask you as many different questions as I can think of. And I'll find a wide variety of activities to get you engaged. And while it may seem like I am doing everything randomly... almost everything is deliberate and planned (albeit planned on the fly). I'm constantly monitoring and developing new theories, putting together new patterns, and testing new ideas.

Now while this is all can seem rather intense... what I am really doing is getting to know you and figuring out what makes you tick. I want to see what makes you laugh, what makes you hopeful, what scares you, what your favorite things in life are, etc.

There is a secret though... if you reach that level of intimacy with me, you have already passed the prescreening process. I quickly sized you up and discovered something special about you that I want to understand and/or admire. And I care enough to take the time to learn all of your little quirks.

The other secret is when I am in this mode, I don't judge. I am so consumed by wanting to understand what makes you tick that very little phases me. If you told me that you spent 10 years with a heroin habit that you finally kicked, my immediate thought would be "that's amazing to know! I wonder how that effected her and shaped her into who she is now."

So do I see through you? Pretty close. Am I aware of what I am doing to you? Usually. Do I have super powers? Probably. But as an Idealist, I feel obligated to use my powers for good.

Let me know if there is anything else you are curious about.

MBTI
    ENFP
    Enneagram
    6w7

Quote Originally Posted by PinkIceTD View Post
    Yep this sounds like me.

You know, I love MBTI and all, but sometimes it's a little scary how IDENTICAL I am when it comes to almost every aspect of my life. I thought I was unique...
    The dilemma of being an ENFP...
    SDMF

MBTI
    ENFP
    Enneagram
    9w1 sx/so

haha loved the response from the chase
    There can’t be any large-scale revolution until there’s a personal revolution, on an individual level. It’s got to happen inside first.
    -Jim Morrison

MBTI
    Enfp
    Enneagram
    497 sx/so
    Socionics
    IEE Fi

Reading Chases' response, I can understand poor Penelope's predicament. Who wouldn't be swept of their feet
    ★ڿڰۣ✿ℒoѵℯ✿ڿڰۣ★

MBTI
    INxJ

Quote Originally Posted by The Chase View Post
    Some insight from an ENFP male:

When I am strongly attracted to a woman... she will generally become the focus of my attention. There is a pretty predictable pattern that I go into.

First, I will find a way to spend a lot of time with you. I'll take you to as many different places as possible. I'll ask you as many different questions as I can think of. And I'll find a wide variety of activities to get you engaged. And while it may seem like I am doing everything randomly... almost everything is deliberate and planned (albeit planned on the fly). I'm constantly monitoring and developing new theories, putting together new patterns, and testing new ideas.

Now while this is all can seem rather intense... what I am really doing is getting to know you and figuring out what makes you tick. I want to see what makes you laugh, what makes you hopeful, what scares you, what your favorite things in life are, etc.

There is a secret though... if you reach that level of intimacy with me, you have already passed the prescreening process. I quickly sized you up and discovered something special about you that I want to understand and/or admire. And I care enough to take the time to learn all of your little quirks.

The other secret is when I am in this mode, I don't judge. I am so consumed by wanting to understand what makes you tick that very little phases me. If you told me that you spent 10 years with a heroin habit that you finally kicked, my immediate thought would be "that's amazing to know! I wonder how that effected her and shaped her into who she is now."

So do I see through you? Pretty close. Am I aware of what I am doing to you? Usually. Do I have super powers? Probably. But as an Idealist, I feel obligated to use my powers for good.

Let me know if there is anything else you are curious about.
    Oh wow, thank you so much for that insight. It sounds pretty accurate to what I've experienced (and my suspicions to his "method"). Question, though, what causes and ENFP to become disinterested?

MBTI
    Enfp
    Enneagram
    497 sx/so
    Socionics
    IEE Fi

Finding out that the person's personal vallues don't match yours (and I don't mean a little, but like significantly so), feeling that the other person isn't as into you as you're into them, pretending. Generally, as long as you can make us feel als fuzzy inside, we tend to stick around coz we like that feeling
    ★ڿڰۣ✿ℒoѵℯ✿ڿڰۣ★