User Tag List

First 1234 Last

MBTI
    INxJ

Quote Originally Posted by EvanTheClown View Post
    And I can switch from intimate conversation mode to "hey lets go eat and socialize" jovial conversation mode on a whim, which must be confusing.
    Haha, he does that all the time, but so do I.

Thanks so much for your input! He really just clouds my senses and it keeps me from being able to analyze him. As far as I've noticed, he's not too much of a flirt as he is charming and intimately so.

I really think it's just the combination of his intensity, charm, confidence, and ability to make me drop my defenses that really has me in a whirl... I can't slow down long enough from the rush he gives me to analyze how I feel or how he might feel and if I need to break away and put my guard back up in fear of getting hurt (there's the truth, eh?).

MBTI
    ENFP
    Enneagram
    9w1 sx/so

^^ well if it makes you feel any better...he probably feels the same way and wishes he could slow down the intensity and analyze the situation...but he can't either.
    There can’t be any large-scale revolution until there’s a personal revolution, on an individual level. It’s got to happen inside first.
    -Jim Morrison

MBTI
    INxJ

Quote Originally Posted by erinavery View Post
    ^^ well if it makes you feel any better...he probably feels the same way and wishes he could slow down the intensity and analyze the situation...but he can't either.
    Really? That's funny, I totally get the impression that he knows exactly what's going on, but he claims that he really doesn't. (I mentioned to him how I feel like he sees straight through me and it makes me self-conscious).

MBTI
    ENFP
    Enneagram
    9w1 sx/so

i'm sorry you feel self conscious...i'm sure that's the furthest from his intention...he's probably thinking...look baby i'm naked too...and feel more strongly then i can make sense of...we'll figure it out together.

eta:...but...i have no idea how much this sort of thing is type related...i'm most likely projecting...sorry, i'm new to this
    There can’t be any large-scale revolution until there’s a personal revolution, on an individual level. It’s got to happen inside first.
    -Jim Morrison

MBTI
    Enfp
    Enneagram
    497 sx/so
    Socionics
    IEE Fi

Quote Originally Posted by penelope View Post
    Really? That's funny, I totally get the impression that he knows exactly what's going on, but he claims that he really doesn't. (I mentioned to him how I feel like he sees straight through me and it makes me self-conscious).
    *Grin* To him it's a normal thing to do, prolly. I've had the same comment from friends, which was completely surprising to me. I always thought it was something everyone did.
    ★ڿڰۣ✿ℒoѵℯ✿ڿڰۣ★

"Harm none, do as ye will”

MBTI
    INxJ

i'm sorry you feel self conscious...i'm sure that's the furthest from his intention...he's probably thinking...look baby i'm naked too...and feel more strongly then i can make sense of...we'll figure it out together.
    Haha, it seems to be going in that direction. Whenever I spend time with him, the topic surfaces a little and we talk really plainly about the effect we have on each other (that sounds romantic, haha, but it's a completely analytic conversation).

Quote Originally Posted by Amargith View Post
    *Grin* To him it's a normal thing to do, prolly. I've had the same comment from friends, which was completely surprising to me. I always thought it was something everyone did.
    Yeah, he says hears that too from friends and it makes him sound like he has super powers, but he assures me he really doesn't. It's so bizarre, though, I always get the impression that he knows what he's able to do and has an upper hand on it.

MBTI
    Enfp
    Enneagram
    497 sx/so
    Socionics
    IEE Fi

Ask him to level the playing field He prolly already feels that you can do see into his soul as well, ya might as well get to see it That way, nobody has the upper hand and your connection will be stronger still, something he prolly wants as well
    ★ڿڰۣ✿ℒoѵℯ✿ڿڰۣ★

"Harm none, do as ye will”

MBTI
    INxJ

Quote Originally Posted by Amargith View Post
    Ask him to level the playing field He prolly already feels that you can do see into his soul as well, ya might as well get to see it That way, nobody has the upper hand and your connection will be stronger still, something he prolly wants as well
    Yeah, I figure that I'll feel more comfortable as I get to know him better (which feels so backwards to me... I feel like he knows me better than I know him, based on intuition alone, which I usually confidently have an upper hand on). But the more we talk about about it, I think it'll help.

I hadn't really considered that he might feel the same as I do, confusion-wise.

MBTI
    ENFP
    Enneagram
    9w1 sx/so

Quote Originally Posted by penelope View Post
    Yeah, I figure that I'll feel more comfortable as I get to know him better (which feels so backwards to me... I feel like he knows me better than I know him, based on intuition alone, which I usually confidently have an upper hand on). But the more we talk about about it, I think it'll help.

I hadn't really considered that he might feel the same as I do, confusion-wise.
    oh absolutely...maybe it's the p that makes him embrace it...dance with it a bit
    -Jim Morrison

MBTI
    INxJ

oh absolutely...maybe it's the p that makes him embrace it...dance with it a bit
    Haha, yeah, he probably gets a rush out of it too, but more in the adventure sense, whereas mine is in a loss-of-control sense.

I get it now! :lol:

This is why I need help from the ENFPs out there. :P I totally miss this stuff.