• You are currently viewing our forum as a guest, which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community, you will have access to additional post topics, communicate privately with other members (PM), view blogs, respond to polls, upload content, and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free, so please join our community today! Just click here to register. You should turn your Ad Blocker off for this site or certain features may not work properly. If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us by clicking here.

[MBTI General] Sensotard Moments

Apollanaut

Senior Mugwump
MBTI Type
INFJ
Enneagram
9w1
Instinctual Variant
sx/sp
For those NF's who haven't yet come across it, there's a great thread over in the NT Rationale called "Sensotard Moments":

http://www.typologycentral.com/forums/nt-rationale/8573-sensotard-moments.html

It's a place for Intuitive types to share anecdotes about our struggles with weak Sensing. Most of what is written here applies to NF's as well as NT's.

Check it out - some of the stories are hilarious!

Nillerz

MBTI Type
ENFP
Check YOU out. Some of YOUR stories are hilarious.

Apollanaut

Senior Mugwump
MBTI Type
INFJ
Enneagram
9w1
Instinctual Variant
sx/sp
Check YOU out. Some of YOUR stories are hilarious.

Thanks! I'm not always sure how well my sense of the absurd comes across to others, so it's nice to have some positive feedback. :cheers:

fleurdujour

MBTI Type
INFJ
Ha thanks for posting--these are GREAT! I just got my much needed crack-up session for the day!

mwv6r

MBTI Type
INFJ
Enneagram
4w5
I'll complain I've lost my pen and my first-grade students immediately point it out right in front of me on my desk...

I walk upstairs on a mission and quickly forget what I was retrieving... (I'm only 25 so I can't blame that on old age. Been doing it ever since I can remember anyways.) I'll also tell myself to stop and fill up my car with gas on the way home and I forget every. single. time.

The simpler the joke, the harder it is for me to get it. I get complex jokes easily, but those simple ones get me completely baffled, earning me accusations of ditziness when I'm actually just trying to read too much into it.

Maybe this is somewhat related to sensotardness:
Has anyone noticed how you can spot an introverted intuitive from their posture / how they move their bodies? It can range from awkward to a graceful form of awkward (if that makes sense), but something always looks a little off (in hand movements, stance, posture, etc.) compared to in-the-moment sensors. I saw a video of myself the other day and noticed that, and then started seeing it in all my introverted intuitive friends and coworkers. I'm not so sure about how that works for extroverted intuitives, will need to keep my eyes open...

speculative

Feelin' FiNe
MBTI Type
INFP
Enneagram
4w5
Yeah great thread; I thought I had posted in there but if not I'll check it out.

Apollanaut

Senior Mugwump
MBTI Type
INFJ
Enneagram
9w1
Instinctual Variant
sx/sp
Maybe this is somewhat related to sensotardness:
Has anyone noticed how you can spot an introverted intuitive from their posture / how they move their bodies? It can range from awkward to a graceful form of awkward (if that makes sense), but something always looks a little off (in hand movements, stance, posture, etc.) compared to in-the-moment sensors. I saw a video of myself the other day and noticed that, and then started seeing it in all my introverted intuitive friends and coworkers. I'm not so sure about how that works for extroverted intuitives, will need to keep my eyes open...

Oh that's very perceptive of you! Our innate type is reflected in more than just the way we think. It permeates everything we do, since mind and body are actually one system.

I like to think I'm the graceful-kind-of-awkward type, but I may be kidding myself!

As for extraverted intuitives: when walking they rarely look straight ahead at where they're going. Instead they scan the environment in all directions - up, down, left, right - looking for the new, interesting, or unusual, I guess. I've learned to walk slightly behind my ENTP partner as it is a lot safer there!

Last edited:

raz

Let's make this showy!
MBTI Type
LoLz
All introverts are very capable of disregarding their surroundings because they're so enveloped by their mind. Even as an ISTJ, I have my share of walking right past something I was going to get just because I was too busy thinking about something else.