User Tag List

123 Last

Thread: NF Artists?

MBTI
    INxJ

Default NF Artists?

Hi, I'm an INFJ, and have been onto this Myers-Brigg stuff and got many of my friends into it and have found that a lot of them are also NF types (interestingly, the majority of them INFP).

I myself am an artist, and many of my NF friends are involved in the arts (graphic design, music, painting, film, photography...).

I'm just curious to see if this is common with everyone else here that is an NF? I have this theory that we're all artistically inclined due to our intuitive/feeling nature.

MBTI
    FiSi

Freetime guitarist/harmonica player/photographer/sketcher (the last one is so P ) + possible future graphic designer here.

...though I'm not sure about ALL of us being artistic. I think the Se + Fi combination has the most potential of producing great artists. (I suck in dealing with concrete things. I have always hated painting - the paintbrush doesn't obey me - and starting to play the guitar was agony.)
    Last edited by Leysing; 11-17-2008 at 04:14 PM. Reason: I don't remember writing that...

MBTI
    InTP
    Enneagram
    4w5

so,in which un-concrete fields are NFs great? where can they use there intuition best??
    I...74%
    N...66%
    F... 62%
    P... 72%
    Ti- Ne- Si- Fe
    Te- Ni-Fi- Se
    Ennegramm: 4w5
    Intrapersonal with Logical- Mathemathical I.
    Cassification: brunette East- baltid^^

Permabanned
    MBTI
    INTJ
    Enneagram
    5w6 sp/sx
    Socionics
    ILE

Quote Originally Posted by Lexlike View Post
    so,in which un-concrete fields are NFs great? where can they use there intuition best??
    Abstract art.

Quote Originally Posted by Lexlike View Post
    I don't know a lot about this for FJs, but INFPs have a habit of being brilliant and moving things to a new level in a range of artistic fields. The only really common thing is the scary core level of precision and exactness. In a way it doesn't fit with anything else, but try to pull it to pieces and call it wrong, and it suddenly feels like it always existed. They can seem like part of the mainstream almost (sometimes after their time), but don't resemble it at all. Think Shakespeare, John Lennon, Vincent Van Gogh, Kurt Cobain (maybe).

People's confusion with NFPs in these fields is often the expectation of what art is. In a way they are very un-artistic and imprecise in the traditional sense, but very creative and precise at the core. What they create is exactly what they want to create, not what the definition of art or the industry wants. Hence guys like Van Gogh and Shakespeare being seen as a little wacky and hacky in their times.
    Freude, schöner Götterfunken Tochter aus Elysium, Wir betreten feuertrunken, Himmlische, dein Heiligtum! Deine Zauber binden wieder Was die Mode streng geteilt; Alle Menschen werden Brüder, Wo dein sanfter Flügel weilt.

MBTI
    INFJ
    Enneagram
    4w5

Quote Originally Posted by penelope View Post
    Hi, I'm an INFJ, and have been onto this Myers-Brigg stuff and got many of my friends into it and have found that a lot of them are also NF types (interestingly, the majority of them INFP).

I myself am an artist, and many of my NF friends are involved in the arts (graphic design, music, painting, film, photography...).

I'm just curious to see if this is common with everyone else here that is an NF? I have this theory that we're all artistically inclined due to our intuitive/feeling nature.
    First of all...cheers to another Georgian! (I wonder, on the off chance, not knowing your age or much else about you, if you go to SCAD Atlanta.)

Secondly, there are a number of artists here of all types and certainly there are a few NFs who fall under that category, myself included. You should check out AwesomeCake's and Geoff's threads in the Nature and Wildlife (or whatever it's called) forum. Their photos are wonderful.
    "I took the one less traveled by,
    And that has made all the difference."

Robert Frost

MBTI
    INFP

I write a bit. Does that count as art? I think it does. I haven't had anything published, but I haven't tried either. I'd post something up here, but I dunno if there's a thread/forum area for that, and I've no real motivation to look.

Quote Originally Posted by Therion View Post
    I write a bit. Does that count as art? I think it does. I haven't had anything published, but I haven't tried either. I'd post something up here, but I dunno if there's a thread/forum area for that, and I've no real motivation to look.
    Of course writing is art. Don't know if there is a thread, but a writing forum would be cool. Partly because I want to contribute and partly because I want to understand the style differences between types. And being 5% E, I sometimes wonder if I write like an INFP or an ENFP; seeing I write in pretty introverted conditions.
    Freude, schöner Götterfunken Tochter aus Elysium, Wir betreten feuertrunken, Himmlische, dein Heiligtum! Deine Zauber binden wieder Was die Mode streng geteilt; Alle Menschen werden Brüder, Wo dein sanfter Flügel weilt.

Sniffles

My artistic skills nowadays are more in writing. I did draw and paint when I was younger, and people often complimented on my skills. I certainly imagined myself then as an artist. Now I've fallen behind due to years of neglect(still trying to figure out what made me stop drawing).

I've also played a few musical instruments, but frustrations with other areas of life made me give them up as well. Like drawing, I'm hoping to get back into it.

MBTI
    INFJ
    Enneagram
    1w?

I started out drawing. Most was visually intense and I spent a lot of time. It was the only time my head wasn't going a million miles an hour. I guess I stopped b/c I was no longer in school sitting for prolonged amount of time. I really miss it.

Now I'd say my art is photography.