Thread: NF Artists?

MBTI
    INFJ
    Enneagram
    4w3
    Socionics
    INFp

Quote Originally Posted by StoryOfMyLife View Post
    DO go look at her gallery! It's fun, I enjoyed looking through her work.

I have a DeviantArt as well, though if you're not very into browsing through an anime artist's struggles to get things just right, my stuff might not be for you. It is shiny, though.

TwistedPixiSister on deviantART
    Awe, thanks!! I don't think you have much to complain about, though; you're stuff is definitely coming along

MBTI
    ENFP
    Enneagram

Yeah, It's quite common. I think SP Artisans and NF artists differ because it seems that SPs put it there for more of the "it blends, it looks good there" theme, and the other fumdamentals and details of art are more stressed..and where NFs and even NTs, because I know a few NT artists, are more to express themselves through art giving it a meaning..metaphors, more symbolism, things representing things, etc.

I ran into this problem with one of my friends..I let her borrow Please Understand Me II and she typed out INTJ, and was surprised that her type description didn't match up to those of an artist, necessarily..and I had to ask her if she incorperates meaning into art, and she said defintely, which is where the line is drawn.
    Is it that by its indefiniteness it shadows forth the heartless voids and immensities of the universe, and thus stabs us from behind with the thought of annihilation, when beholding the white depths of the milky way?

MBTI
    INfJ
    Enneagram
    4w5

Quote Originally Posted by gloomy-optimist View Post
    Awe, thanks!! I don't think you have much to complain about, though; you're stuff is definitely coming along

Aww.. Thank you for that. ^^
    Don't hate me because you're beautiful.
    4w5

http://www.mangabullet.com/visitme/ImaginAries.png

MBTI
    INFJ
    Enneagram
    4w5

Quote Originally Posted by CaptainChick View Post

HOW DO YOU DO THAT?!?!?!

We need to do fMRI scans on people like you, you have something special going on in your temporal and occipital lobes or something, holy hell?!?!?!

I am astounded by those who can draw/paint so fucking realistically I swear, I don't get it?

Space, perspective, dimension, detail, precision the list goes on!!!

HOW DO YOU DO IT?!?!?!
    Thanks.

I don't know. I mean I really, honestly haven't a clue. I've always been pretty good at rendering stuff and I'm a freak about details. As for perspective...er...that's taken quite a bit of rigourous practise, bitching, and pushing myself to get into the habit laying down perspective grids (which help, you just follow the lines! ). Would be nowhere without my professors on that one.

Disclaimer: I know NOTHING about art in the technical sense so please forgive my layman vocabulary.
    No need to apologise. I like layman terms, they're oftem more accurate to me.

Lol, I definitely see the feather thing, I love feathers and view feathering as a softer form of branching, if that makes sense. And branches and leaves and more branches, god I could never get enough of them!!! (because they keep on going)

Celtic knotting? I think I know what those are, but I don't know if I see/use/make those in my art?

Mostly it's the neverendingness I see. That sprawl that twines in and around itself so that one's never sure where the ending or the beginning are, and after a while, that doesn't even matter. I'm sure you don't do it purposely, just ended up seeing a parallel there.

It is weird when I draw, (I draw much more than I paint), it is so interesting, the way the shapes and lines interact with each other, merge with each other, and affect each other, also, cliques and characters will form, lol, weird shit, but there will be three to six nebulous cliques that are all connected yet still have somewhat of a separate identity.

This is the first time I have ever discussed this, I hope I am not sounding too weird?!?!?!
    Not at all. It would take a lot for you to sound weird to me! It makes sense to me anyway.

Hell yeah, for me, drawing is kind of like dancing, my "thinking" mind lets go of its reigns and I just flow, and flowing is the most therapeutic thing/process one could ever experience.
    Sort of like the concept of zen or "being" or wu wei (I think I spelled it right?).

I live in Los Angeles, I was thinking about putting clear nail polish on it, (no joke) but resisted the urge thinking that might not be the wisest thing to do.

Is there some type of sealant I can put on it?

Or should I attempt to retouch it?
    Hmm. Well, I would opt for getting some Matt Medium. It's basically just clear acrylic glaze (except you can gob it on really thick...it actually ends up making it look "refreshed", as if you just painted the colours on). It should at least fill up the cracks and bond the paint back together. Now that I've read up on the issue, it seems that your paint was lacking in plastics (acetone? or whatever it is in acrylic paint), or it didn't adhere to the canvas well enough. If that becomes an issue again, I would mix a bit of the Matt Medium with the acrylic to help it be a bit more flexible (not the watercolour unless you want those to be permanent when you put them down).

Quote Originally Posted by gloomy-optimist View Post
    I draw a lot; I'm planning on getting into comics and animation when I get older

I have a deviantART where I throw most of my stuff, serious and not-so-serious:
    gloomy-optimist's deviantART gallery

And then my sister, friend, and I are planning on establishing a studio later in life, and we have a different dA for some of the stuff for a comic we're planning:
    studio2's deviantART gallery

I don't have much time to draw lately, though; it makes me tense D:
    Nice work!
    "I took the one less traveled by,
    And that has made all the difference."

Robert Frost

MBTI
    isfp

Quote Originally Posted by OneWithSoul View Post
    Yeah, It's quite common. I think SP Artisans and NF artists differ because it seems that SPs put it there for more of the "it blends, it looks good there" theme, and the other fumdamentals and details of art are more stressed..and where NFs and even NTs, because I know a few NT artists, are more to express themselves through art giving it a meaning..metaphors, more symbolism, things representing things, etc.

I ran into this problem with one of my friends..I let her borrow Please Understand Me II and she typed out INTJ, and was surprised that her type description didn't match up to those of an artist, necessarily..and I had to ask her if she incorperates meaning into art, and she said defintely, which is where the line is drawn.

I beg to differ. I'm an SP and I don't just put stuff on paper because it "blends" and "looks good". That sounds like interior decorating, not art. I do create visual symbols and use them in my art, but not every little thing I draw is symbolic. Does that make sense? It depends on what I feel like communicating. Some thoughts/feelings need to be expressed symbolically, and others don't.

I think the reason a lot of SFPs start out thinking they're NFs when they're first introduced to type is because so many people promote the idea that only NFs are capable of feeling-based visual communication and SPs are just pretty picture makers. I don't believe that's accurate. FWIW, I believe SP artists do use symbolism effectively in their art (Rembrant is a good example of that) and I don't see them as being mere canvas-decorators.

Sarah
    (not a big fan of the Keirsey test -- it always gives me NF results even though I know that's not my actual temperament pattern)

MBTI
    INFP

Art means a goddamn lot to me, that's all I can find myself to say.

MBTI
    ENFP
    Enneagram
    4, 7
    Socionics
    IEE

Since the first time my dad bought me a box of Crayola markers when I was a kid, I think that's when I fell in love with art, mostly with colors. I used to even draw all over the apartment walls and my parents would get fined left and right. lol

As I got into my teen years, I drifted away from doing artwork because the high school I attended didn't encourage student to do art. I even asked my counselor if I could enroll in an art class and she said, "We're considered a *high-tech* school, so as an alternative, I suggest you enroll in graphic design or take a C++ class." Whatever. I didn't get into the art class I wanted to. =(

But yah, besides my interests in social/political issues, I'm an artist at heart, and love sketching, designing, photography (not much into still life..). It's something I think people need to do more often- whether it may be writing lyrics, music, poems, dancing, acting, painting.. anything creative related- it's what really gets us in touch with who we are as humans. Plus, I find it that it really allows us to be bold and brave as individuals- free-spiritedness. I enjoy hanging out with creative/artistic people- they're a ball of FUN!

Awesome drawings/sketches CC! Visual harmony.. I love anything colorful/appealing!!

MBTI
    ENTP
    Enneagram
    3w2

I'm in love with your work Penelope. It's all beautiful. Word indeed.

MBTI
    ENFP

i'm an enfp at scad in the savannah campus. been drawing since i was 5, or younger. i'm very much a traditionalist as far as style and the kind of art i like. not a fan of absract expressionism at all. i like to draw and draw well. keeping things simple i prefer client based work such as illustration or concept art and applying my creativity there. would like to work in concept design mostly because it's all about putting out ideas and playing with them. plays off my weakness for not always being able to carry things through, but i've been working at trying to not break my focus.

CaptainChick, those are fantastic.

My crafting talent is virtually nil though I have a love of photography and photo collages.
    "The purpose of life is to be defeated by greater and greater things." - Rainer Maria Rilke