User Tag List

First 34567 Last

Thread: NF Artists?

MBTI
    INFJ
    Enneagram
    4w5

Those are very beautiful CC. So, I take it your inner self is a collision between a peacock and celtic knotting (with a little Kandinsky thrown in there for zest)? I only tease.

It's interesting how that turns out when you paint unconsciously like that. Mine usually end up looking very dark and disturbing and full of eyes when I try to do it, but, as you said, it's very therapeutic.

I think they all look similar because that's you, on the page there. That's what you look like if yourself were abstracted and placed into imagery. The result is a combination of your natural preferences regarding shapes, colour, and line with the shape of your thoughts at the time, I suppose.

I don't know how to reduce the cracking. Is it very humid where you live? That will tend to cause problems with artworks. In which case, the best thing to do is try to find the driest place in your house and store them there, maybe get a dehimidifier if you're really adamant about it.

Edit: I suppose I should stop being a wimp and post something of mine. All right, here we go.

Here's something I did just last week for a storyboarding class. The part that makes me cry is you only see this scene in one panel in the storyboards. Done in non-photoblue pencil.

"I took the one less traveled by,
    And that has made all the difference."

Robert Frost

Awesome Nillerz!! Love the simplicity of it.
    Freude, schöner Götterfunken Tochter aus Elysium, Wir betreten feuertrunken, Himmlische, dein Heiligtum! Deine Zauber binden wieder Was die Mode streng geteilt; Alle Menschen werden Brüder, Wo dein sanfter Flügel weilt.

`~~Philosoflying~~` SillySapienne's Avatar
    MBTI
    ENFP
    Enneagram
    4w5

Quote Originally Posted by Kyrielle View Post
    Done in non-photoblue pencil.

HOW DO YOU DO THAT?!?!?!

We need to do fMRI scans on people like you, you have something special going on in your temporal and occipital lobes or something, holy hell?!?!?!

I am astounded by those who can draw/paint so fucking realistically I swear, I don't get it?

Space, perspective, dimension, detail, precision the list goes on!!!

HOW DO YOU DO IT?!?!?!
    `
    'Cause you can't handle me...

"A lie is a lie even if everyone believes it. The truth is the truth even if nobody believes it." - David Stevens

"That that is, is. That that is not, is not. Is that it? It is."

Veritatem dies aperit

Ride si sapis

Intelligentle sparkles

`~~Philosoflying~~` SillySapienne's Avatar
    MBTI
    ENFP
    Enneagram
    4w5

Quote Originally Posted by Kyrielle View Post
    Those are very beautiful CC. So, I take it your inner self is a collision between a peacock and celtic knotting (with a little Kandinsky thrown in there for zest)? I only tease.
    Disclaimer: I know NOTHING about art in the technical sense so please forgive my layman vocabulary.

Lol, I definitely see the feather thing, I love feathers and view feathering as a softer form of branching, if that makes sense. And branches and leaves and more branches, god I could never get enough of them!!! (because they keep on going)

Celtic knotting? I think I know what those are, but I don't know if I see/use/make those in my art?

I have never really been much of a fan of Kandinsky, but that painting you linked in particular, is quite stunning!!!

It is weird I do outside-in work and sprawling work (I prefer sprawling), the outside-in work is contained and always ends up being very geometric and stained glass-ish, and the sprawling work is very natural looking and fractal-ish.

It is weird when I draw, (I draw much more than I paint), it is so interesting, the way the shapes and lines interact with each other, merge with each other, and affect each other, also, cliques and characters will form, lol, weird shit, but there will be three to six nebulous cliques that are all connected yet still have somewhat of a separate identity.

This is the first time I have ever discussed this, I hope I am not sounding too weird?!?!?!

It's interesting how that turns out when you paint unconsciously like that. Mine usually end up looking very dark and disturbing and full of eyes when I try to do it, but, as you said, it's very therapeutic.
    Hell yeah, for me, drawing is kind of like dancing, my "thinking" mind lets go of its reigns and I just flow, and flowing is the most therapeutic thing/process one could ever experience.

I think they all look similar because that's you, on the page there. That's what you look like if yourself were abstracted and placed into imagery. The result is a combination of your natural preferences regarding shapes, colour, and line with the shape of your thoughts at the time, I suppose.
    Lol, in that case, I must be one crazy ass mofo.

I don't know how to reduce the cracking. Is it very humid where you live? That will tend to cause problems with artworks. In which case, the best thing to do is try to find the driest place in your house and store them there, maybe get a dehimidifier if you're really adamant about it.
    I live in Los Angeles, I was thinking about putting clear nail polish on it, (no joke) but resisted the urge thinking that might not be the wisest thing to do.

Is there some type of sealant I can put on it?

Or should I attempt to retouch it?
    `
    'Cause you can't handle me...

"A lie is a lie even if everyone believes it. The truth is the truth even if nobody believes it." - David Stevens

"That that is, is. That that is not, is not. Is that it? It is."

Veritatem dies aperit

Ride si sapis

Intelligentle sparkles

MBTI
    ENFP

Thanks. I be vectorizin'.

I'm an artist in a whole bunch of different media. I write, and write profusely; I do graphic design work, I'm a professional photographer, I paint, I draw, and I do collage work.

MBTI
    INFJ
    Enneagram
    4w3
    Socionics
    INFp

I draw a lot; I'm planning on getting into comics and animation when I get older

I have a deviantART where I throw most of my stuff, serious and not-so-serious:
    gloomy-optimist's deviantART gallery

And then my sister, friend, and I are planning on establishing a studio later in life, and we have a different dA for some of the stuff for a comic we're planning:
    studio2's deviantART gallery

I don't have much time to draw lately, though; it makes me tense D:

MBTI
    INfJ
    Enneagram
    4w5

Quote Originally Posted by CaptainChick View Post
    On the back it says:

Acrylic Double Primed Premium Canvas Panel for all mediums???

Matisse Derivan :: Professional Acrylic Paints

I wonder if something on this site might be helpful to you? About halfway down the page there is a mention of a clear varnishing liquid [says it works on certain acrylics I think]. Maybe going over your pictures with it will prevent further cracking. Don't take my word for it, though ^^; I don't want to inadvertently ruin something you've done by giving out the wrong advice. I've been googling it, though, this is what I've come up with so far.
    Don't hate me because you're beautiful.
    4w5

http://www.mangabullet.com/visitme/ImaginAries.png

Banned
    MBTI
    type

Hey CC, you're a lot better at art than you are at being cool online.

MBTI
    INfJ
    Enneagram
    4w5

Quote Originally Posted by gloomy-optimist View Post
    I draw a lot; I'm planning on getting into comics and animation when I get older

I have a deviantART where I throw most of my stuff, serious and not-so-serious:
    gloomy-optimist's deviantART gallery

And then my sister, friend, and I are planning on establishing a studio later in life, and we have a different dA for some of the stuff for a comic we're planning:
    studio2's deviantART gallery

I don't have much time to draw lately, though; it makes me tense D:

DO go look at her gallery! It's fun, I enjoyed looking through her work.

I have a DeviantArt as well, though if you're not very into browsing through an anime artist's struggles to get things just right, my stuff might not be for you. It is shiny, though.

TwistedPixiSister on deviantART
    Don't hate me because you're beautiful.
    4w5

http://www.mangabullet.com/visitme/ImaginAries.png