User Tag List

First 23456 Last

Thread: NF Artists?

MBTI
    INfJ
    Enneagram
    4w5

:O oh my gosh, CC, your stuff is amazing! I love the colors...it's like an amalgam of everything inside your head, your soul...[too deep?]. Letting it flow like that takes some trust in yourself...kind of like releasing any inhibition you have artistically, not caring who sees it so long as you get to do what you want. Fantastic pictures, really. I adore the vividness of them. I'd say they are similar in their randomness *lol* The curves are what strike me, most- they all share the same fluidity. Oh, I'm so jealous right now- but in a good way- I wish I could do things like this sometimes! lol

I painted this one nearly four years ago, I stayed up all night painting it, primarily using watercolors and some acrylics.

Also, it is severely cracked, is there anything I can do to protect it from cracking anymore???
    What did you paint it on? Canvas or paper? I'm wondering if some kind of clear finishing varnish or sealant might work to keep it from cracking??
    Don't hate me because you're beautiful.
    4w5

http://www.mangabullet.com/visitme/ImaginAries.png

`~~Philosoflying~~` SillySapienne's Avatar
    MBTI
    ENFP
    Enneagram
    4w5

Quote Originally Posted by StoryOfMyLife View Post
    :O oh my gosh, CC, your stuff is amazing! I love the colors...it's like an amalgam of everything inside your head, your soul...[too deep?]. Letting it flow like that takes some trust in yourself...kind of like releasing any inhibition you have artistically, not caring who sees it so long as you get to do what you want. Fantastic pictures, really. I adore the vividness of them. I'd say they are similar in their randomness *lol* The curves are what strike me, most- they all share the same fluidity. Oh, I'm so jealous right now- but in a good way- I wish I could do things like this sometimes! lol
    :blushing:

Wow, thank you!!!

Your interpretation of them is spot on!!!

I didn't start painting/drawing until I was 18, it is really weird, I have to be in a mood to do it and then when I do "do" it, it just sorta makes/does itself.

But there are themes/patterns that emerge, I don't know, it is kind of like a chaotic fluid sprawling, but everything is connected to another thing, branches and bulbs, circles and ovoid shapes. I don't know, but you are right about the fluidity, and I think this makes sense because I view the world to be a very fluid interconnected place.

Hahahahaha, and I do use bright colors, perhaps I am just purging my personality on paper/canvas.

I do think the most beautiful art is found in nature, though, I took this phycology class on algae, and I was just swept off my feet by the beauty and fractal patterns that all the different morphologies of algal species exhibited.

I have this thing for fractals and branches man, always have, I just love them!!!

`
    'Cause you can't handle me...

"A lie is a lie even if everyone believes it. The truth is the truth even if nobody believes it." - David Stevens

"That that is, is. That that is not, is not. Is that it? It is."

Veritatem dies aperit

Ride si sapis

Intelligentle sparkles

MBTI
    INFP

wow, CC, those are amazing

MBTI
    ENFP
    Enneagram
    4w5

Quote Originally Posted by StoryOfMyLife View Post
    What did you paint it on? Canvas or paper? I'm wondering if some kind of clear finishing varnish or sealant might work to keep it from cracking??
    On the back it says:

Acrylic Double Primed Premium Canvas Panel for all mediums???
    `

"A lie is a lie even if everyone believes it. The truth is the truth even if nobody believes it." - David Stevens

Veritatem dies aperit

Ride si sapis

Intelligentle sparkles

MBTI
    ENFP
    Socionics
    ENFp

CC your stuff is too beautiful. The colors are so vivid. It looks peaceful (because of the lines and fluidity) but chaotic (the colors). i love it.

I can't paint (I'd like to try, I heard it's very therapeutic) or sing or anything but i love to write and dance (not performance or anything, just for the heck of it)

MBTI
    ENFP
    Enneagram
    4w5

Quote Originally Posted by PinkIceTD View Post
    CC your stuff is too beautiful. The colors are so vivid. It looks peaceful (because of the lines and fluidity) but chaotic (the colors). i love it.
    Thank you!!!

I can't paint (I'd like to try, I heard it's very therapeutic) or sing or anything but i love to write and dance (not performance or anything, just for the heck of it)
    PAINT AND SING FOR THE HECK OF IT!!!

I never thought I could paint or draw and I just tried it one evening when I was sitting in the hallway of my dormitory freshman year of college.

Art is about expression, period, JUST LET IT OUT, and...

FUCK WHAT OTHER PEOPLE MIGHT SAY OR THINK ABOUT IT!!!

You are doing it for you, not their approval, and I bet you a million bucks you end up being 100 times better than you thought.

`

Veritatem dies aperit

Ride si sapis

Intelligentle sparkles

Quote Originally Posted by CaptainChick View Post
    I do think the most beautiful art is found in nature, though, I took this phycology class on algae, and I was just swept off my feet by the beauty and fractal patterns that all the different morphologies of algal species exhibited.

I have this thing for fractals and branches man, always have, I just love them!!!

The paintings ar awesome. It is what I imagined as an ENFP almost. The colours too. So vivid.

My only attempts at drawing things ever are with a pen when I'm writing and bored. And they barely ever take the form of anything real. Just end up filling out weird symmetries and branches, like draw one thing then realise it looks sort of like another thing, then realise that looks sort of like another thing, then realise connecting them looks sort of like another thing, and detail fills out in some weird way. Always wanted to try painting but always felt I couldn't do the detail on a landscape or anything well enough.

I started writing at around 18 too. Was just sitting there one day waiting for the bus and a poem popped into my head, so I wrote it down. I had never even though of writing or poetry before that. I actually get known as the literary retard in my family, probably due to my spelling and grammar.
    Freude, schöner Götterfunken Tochter aus Elysium, Wir betreten feuertrunken, Himmlische, dein Heiligtum! Deine Zauber binden wieder Was die Mode streng geteilt; Alle Menschen werden Brüder, Wo dein sanfter Flügel weilt.

MBTI
    ENFP
    Enneagram
    4w5

Quote Originally Posted by noigmn View Post
    Just end up filling out weird symmetries and branches, like draw one thing then realise it looks sort of like another thing, then realise that looks sort of like another thing, then realise connecting them looks sort of like another thing, and detail fills out in some weird way.
    Right there, WOW, you just nailed the systematic/conscious process aspect to the way that I draw/paint.

It just naturally evolves.
    `

Veritatem dies aperit

Ride si sapis

Intelligentle sparkles

Quote Originally Posted by CaptainChick View Post
    Right there, WOW, you just nailed the systematic/conscious process aspect to the way that I draw/paint.

It just naturally evolves.
    Do you find you learn techniques and theory also? Like with guitar I don't know how to play any songs but have got round to learning really strange and complicated theory and technique things while exploring. With writing too, when I first started writing poetry I did tonnes of weird tests and explored anything and everything. Like how many conjunctions can be put together in a row and still make sense and not be redundant.

Also for Therion, here's the poetry thread I found:

http://www.typologycentral.com/forum...ry-thread.html
    Freude, schöner Götterfunken Tochter aus Elysium, Wir betreten feuertrunken, Himmlische, dein Heiligtum! Deine Zauber binden wieder Was die Mode streng geteilt; Alle Menschen werden Brüder, Wo dein sanfter Flügel weilt.

MBTI
    ENFP

Yeah I be postin' my shit now, aight?

Yeah check that out that chick is damn fine nigga. Yeah there be some peoblem with the pixelation 'n' shit but I lost my good copy.