MBTI
    INFJ
    Enneagram
    1w?

wow...how many times can I say time??? hehe..so unlike me not to proofread

MBTI
    INxJ

Quote Originally Posted by Kyrielle View Post
    First of all...cheers to another Georgian! (I wonder, on the off chance, not knowing your age or much else about you, if you go to SCAD Atlanta.)

Secondly, there are a number of artists here of all types and certainly there are a few NFs who fall under that category, myself included. You should check out AwesomeCake's and Geoff's threads in the Nature and Wildlife (or whatever it's called) forum. Their photos are wonderful.
    Nope, not SCAD (yet! Planning on going there for my MFA in Illustration). I'm graduating from Kennesaw State University in May with my BFA in Painting.

I'll check that out!

MBTI
    INxJ

Quote Originally Posted by Leysing View Post
    Freetime guitarist/harmonica player/photographer/sketcher (the last one is so P ) + possible future graphic designer here.

...though I'm not sure about ALL of us being artistic. I think the Se + Fi combination has the most potential of producing great artists. (I suck in dealing with concrete things. I have always hated painting - the paintbrush doesn't obey me - and starting to play the guitar was agony.)
    I have noticed a difference in artistic-ness between the NFJ and NFP types, though. The P types tend to be more abstract, and the J types more realistic (whether with art, reasoning, writing, etc). I definitely function on a more realistic, logical level with my work, but there is a source of mystery and wonder.

Anyhow, I need to do my homework. I'm fairly new to the Personality types.

MBTI
    INFJ
    Enneagram
    4w5

Quote Originally Posted by penelope View Post
    Nope, not SCAD (yet! Planning on going there for my MFA in Illustration). I'm graduating from Kennesaw State University in May with my BFA in Painting.
    Ooh! Exciting, congratulations! I'd heard KSU had grown up quite a bit in the last few years.

I don't know about the Atlanta campus' Illustration department (I will find out this summer when I take my last two classes there), but the one here in Savannah is quite satisfactory.

What/how do you like to paint?
    "I took the one less traveled by,
    And that has made all the difference."

Robert Frost

MBTI
    INxJ

Quote Originally Posted by Kyrielle View Post
    Ooh! Exciting, congratulations! I'd heard KSU had grown up quite a bit in the last few years.

I don't know about the Atlanta campus' Illustration department (I will find out this summer when I take my last two classes there), but the one here in Savannah is quite satisfactory.

What/how do you like to paint?
    KSU is not too shabby, but I'm definitely ready to leave. They don't really embrace non-complete realism and anything other than oil painting (for the painters).

I'm not entirely decided on SCAD for my MFA, but it'll probably happen. Are you going for illustration or fine arts?

I do purely traditional work (my eyes hurt if I stare at a computer screen too long) and I sometimes combine film photography via darkroom processes with my painting, but it's... well, here's a link to my website.

What about you?

`~~Philosoflying~~` SillySapienne's Avatar
    MBTI
    ENFP
    Enneagram
    4w5

I'm a poet, enjoy writing, drawing and painting in/with water colors and acrylics, dancing and I used to choreograph.

Does that make me an artist?

I have no idea.
    `
    'Cause you can't handle me...

"A lie is a lie even if everyone believes it. The truth is the truth even if nobody believes it." - David Stevens

"That that is, is. That that is not, is not. Is that it? It is."

Veritatem dies aperit

Ride si sapis

Intelligentle sparkles

MBTI
    INxJ

Quote Originally Posted by CaptainChick View Post
    I'm a poet, enjoy writing, drawing and painting in/with water colors and acrylics, dancing and I used to choreograph.

Does that make me an artist?

I have no idea.
    Hehe, of course! I didn't even think to include dance! I'm so uncoordinated...

MBTI
    ENFP

I'm an artsy artsy fuck. Right brain dominant 'n' shit, dawg.

MBTI
    INxJ

Quote Originally Posted by Nillerz View Post
    I'm an artsy artsy fuck. Right brain dominant 'n' shit, dawg.
    word.

MBTI
    INFJ
    Enneagram
    4w5

KSU is not too shabby, but I'm definitely ready to leave. They don't really embrace non-complete realism and anything other than oil painting (for the painters).
    Bummer, maybe one day they'll see the light.

I'm not entirely decided on SCAD for my MFA, but it'll probably happen. Are you going for illustration or fine arts?
    BFA in Illustration with a minor in Sequential Art.

I do purely traditional work (my eyes hurt if I stare at a computer screen too long) and I sometimes combine film photography via darkroom processes with my painting, but it's... well, here's a link to my website.
    Lovely stuff. Your style makes me think of a classmate I had last year in Book Illustration. She had that nice combination of rendered and graphic aspects that you have. I particularly like the drippyness.

So, I take it you prefer portraits?

What about you?
    I prefer traditional methods. There's something that digital can't replace, and that's the physical sensation of creating a work. I've gotten particularly good at gouache and watercolour. But right now I'm learning to work with digital painting in Photoshop. Don't have a website up just yet. Well I technically do but since it's attached to comcast.net as a personal page and my brother helped me make it and primarily because I'm an idiot, I can never remember the URL.

Edit: For the record, my avatar is NOT something I did, I only wish I was as good as Darrell Anderson!
    "I took the one less traveled by,
    And that has made all the difference."

Robert Frost