User Tag List

First 3456715 Last

MBTI
    ENFP
    Enneagram
    9w1 sx/so

we are full of love and nothing makes us happier then to have people around to love on...i just don't think we're the selfish type.
    There can’t be any large-scale revolution until there’s a personal revolution, on an individual level. It’s got to happen inside first.
    -Jim Morrison

MBTI
    ENFP

Quote Originally Posted by Anja View Post
    Have been reading about "Indigo Children" lately. I would think ENFPs fit the description.

Daughter just called this morning laughing about a work situation. She was training to do a new job and told me her boss had said she didn't have to act so enthusiatic about everything. And she was laughing when she told me that she realized that not everybody gets so excited about new things and ideas.

I can apply that to my own personality. Sometimes people have doubts about my sincerity because they've never experienced the depth of exuberance that is possible for me.

Something I always heard on her report cards, and which someone else here mentioned, was that she was a catalyst for the people around her. Good at getting people motivated for something new.

I would think that's the diff between the E and the I.
    I'm an indigo adult. A lot of the descriptions sound similar & relate to that of an ENFP.

I realized when I get very excited about an idea, people just look at me like I'm crazy or something.. Yeah, not everybody is as enthused about ideas...
    Ombaaraminayasabaha
    4w5 sx/so/sp

MBTI
    ENFP
    Enneagram
    4, 7
    Socionics
    IEE

Why do I love ENFPs? The ones I know in my life are the easiest to be around with! Conversations are such a breeze. I love the light-hearted moments.

Besides that- I love the sense of understanding and warm receptiveness I get from other ENFPs I meet. It's truly like coming home to a place I never knew existed!

MBTI
    INFP

erin and Jack, I think you've missed my point. I was not talking about selfish in the material sense.

And I acknowledged that they aren't the single most apt to fall into this personal type of narcissistic focus by using the qualifier, "nearly."

But this is the usual nit-picking and distracts from the larger issue which is the question of what a misapplication of the positive traits can produce.

Big picture. It's not about things. It's about that sense of self I was talking about. Like all good qualities it has its less satisfactory side as well.

I'm not passing judgement here. A balanced view addresses the question.
    "No ray of sunshine is ever lost, but the green which it awakes into existence needs time to sprout, and it is not always granted to the sower to see the harvest. All work that is worth anything is done in faith." - Albert Schweitzer

MBTI
    ENFP
    Enneagram
    9w1 sx/so

^^^ no worries i wasn't trying to be defensive...i'm sure everyone is capable of being selfish sometimes...and i can see how some behaviors might be seen as such and...i am selfish when it comes to the amount of freedom i feel like i deserve...but for me it extends to everyone so it doesn't feel selfish to me....if that makes sense.
    There can’t be any large-scale revolution until there’s a personal revolution, on an individual level. It’s got to happen inside first.
    -Jim Morrison

MBTI
    INFP

Yup. I get it. *Puts smilie here.*
    "No ray of sunshine is ever lost, but the green which it awakes into existence needs time to sprout, and it is not always granted to the sower to see the harvest. All work that is worth anything is done in faith." - Albert Schweitzer

MBTI
    iNtJ

They're fun, original, charismatic, love life, and have ideas that are amazing once you open up to their version of insanity.
    Last edited by sonata; 12-08-2008 at 09:14 PM.
    Likes Alassea liked this post

MBTI
    INFJ
    Enneagram
    4 sx/sp
    Socionics
    EII

Love, love, love ENFPs. They're so quirky, funny, and cute. If I like someone a whole lot, most likely they are ENFP or ENFJ. Even if they irritate me at times

Though there is one (confirmed, very high on N and P) that I can't stand; she's an unhealthy ENFP. Disorganized, paranoid and angry at the world, selfish, and can't put a logical sentence together.

MBTI
    ENFP

This thread is terrific.

MBTI
    INTJ

They are, quite simply, the best. I could talk for endless hours with enfps and never get bored. I find them extremely enchanting.
    Likes Alassea liked this post