User Tag List

First 1234 Last

Glycerine

Quote Originally Posted by karenk View Post
    INFJs care very much about fairness.
    Most definitely.

Agreed, I'd be wracked by guilt if I graded for a reason that did not fit within the parameters of the course material. Ethical hypocrisy is not something we stomach well especially with ourselves.
    "The purpose of life is to be defeated by greater and greater things." - Rainer Maria Rilke

MBTI
    ENTJ
    Enneagram
    8w7 sx/so
    Socionics
    EIE

That really depends... I know a couple of them that don't. It's probably a learned behavior because they hate fighting people over petty things. The ones I know are pretty self-centered, but they're not loudmouthed about it.

Mom: uses guilt and shame to make others do her bidding. It's just an observation, I don't mind. We all manipulate people in some way.

Girlfriend: pretty much the same, but not as refined. It will probably come in a few years ^^

Both of them act very much like altruists, but they really, really put themselves at 1st place.

Maybe when controlling others they make sure that they are fair to each other. I have serious doubts that anyone could grade a person the way he or she deserves if the person goes against the personal opinions of the teacher. Feelers to an even lesser extent.
    Many INFJ's are pretty nice folks, but some of them can really get stuck on stupid details... Really disturbs me.

I'm going to receive flak for this, but i'm just giving constructive, even if harsh, criticism. Some of us see things this way.

Mightier than the tread of marching armies is the power of an idea whose time has come

MBTI
    ENTP

I think an INFJ would work very well within a classroom setting. I believe that the INFJ's introversion would become less of a factor in a structured classroom as classrooms essentially have very specific social expectations and guidelines. The feeling side would also come in particularly handy with junior year levels.
    Good Dog Nigel

Arf, arf, he goes, a merry sight,
    Our little hairy friend,
    Arf, arf, upon the lampost bright
    Arfing round the bend.
    Nice dog! Goo boy,
    Waggie tail and beg,
    Clever Nigel, jump for joy
    Because we're putting you to sleep at three of the clock, Nigel. -John Lennon

MBTI
    INFJ

YLJ: Maybe you will talk against me when I say this but... in the end, it is for the cause and greater good.
    Yes, I'm definenetly putting myself in the first place every chance I get (when I feel Igot moral highground). But when (and if) I reach the top, I will look back and see how much I REALLY helped. Even if they would put up a statue that depicts me and in memory of my greatness, I would've still want to have helped others.

But as an Ni, impact is of major importance and can overshadow my real intensions.

MBTI
    INFJ
    Enneagram
    4w5 sx/sp
    Socionics
    IEI Ni

Quote Originally Posted by YourLocalJesus View Post
    That really depends... I know a couple of them that don't. It's probably a learned behavior because they hate fighting people over petty things.
    It sounds like these people could be mistyped. INFJs have a natural inclination to get assertive when something is unfair. It happens without thinking. Self-consciousness disappears and it's not draining to confront the problem.

The ones I know are pretty self-centered, but they're not loudmouthed about it.

Mom: uses guilt and shame to make others do her bidding. It's just an observation, I don't mind. We all manipulate people in some way.

Girlfriend: pretty much the same, but not as refined. It will probably come in a few years ^^

Both of them act very much like altruists, but they really, really put themselves at 1st place.
    I just hope you've considered the possibility that they are not the healthiest INFJ-type representatives. This is one of the first things I think of when people approach implicit judgments about percentages of the populace based on a figure of "representatives" they can count on one hand.

I'm going to receive flak for this, but i'm just giving constructive, even if harsh, criticism.
    Fair enough if your "constructive" criticism seems hobbled by weak supports, which it does if applied to all INFJs (or, which it doesn't if applied to just those two).

Some of us see things this way.
    Whether in vain or not is arguable, but some of us chase the phantom called objectivity.
    "The purpose of life is to be defeated by greater and greater things." - Rainer Maria Rilke

Sniffles

The only teaching job I could see myself doing is lecturing. And even then....I'd probably would seem too vague and abstract for most people to handle.

One on one mentoring certainly is a strong point of mine in some ways.

Just adding two more cents to my previous post.

MBTI
    INFJ
    Enneagram
    4w3
    Socionics
    INFp

I would do excellent in a teaching atmosphere; I'm really good at getting ideas across. Unfortunately, dealing with all the crap involved wouldn't be something I'd have fun doing. I wouldn't like grading either; I don't like work that pours over into my free time ^^;

MLJ: Yes, that's true in some instances, I'll be inclined to admit. I do manipulate people occasionally using guilt and whatnot. But I also know quite a few ENTJs IRL, including my twin sister, and I can definitely say that our type dynamics might be one of the reasons we seem more so to you.
    We do have other people's best interest in mind. I can be self-centered, but I absolutely hate letting other people down, and lately I've been working on centering myself so I can stop putting myself in stressful situations for others. I like being helpful, but if I am too stretched out between people, I can become emotionally manipulative. It's not so much my natural state; it's actually more of a stress reaction, a brief appearance of the INFJ shadow.
    But yeah. We can seem as if we lack direction and are self-centered, but that may just be because many of us don't communicate our desire to see justice in the world, unless it comes up directly. We're not the type that really verbalizes things like that, but we do feel it inside. You are probably more sensitive to this because of your extroverted thinking verses our introverted feeling; it would make it a bit harder for intentions to always be easily understood.
    Sometimes it takes some real digging to see our real intentions

I would say that a well-rounded, stressless INFJ are usually inclined to be fair as a natural reaction.

MBTI
    INFJ
    Enneagram
    4w5 sx/sp
    Socionics
    IEI Ni

Quote Originally Posted by gloomy-optimist View Post
    I would say that a well-rounded, stressless INFJ are usually inclined to be fair as a natural reaction.
    I'm not well-rounded or stressless, but I have a natural reaction when I see something that is unfair. MLJ's first post sounded like he was describing a SJ imo. Well it's just a thought. Of course someone can't be typed by such a small description.