User Tag List

12 Last

MBTI
    ENFP

Default ENFP can't get his ish together

gah, i can't stay organized for more than two days. every time i try i sort of just fall apart, especially with all my projects. i love art school but i never seem to know what to do with any of the extra shit i have left over. also, i'm afraid that if i jump head-first into cleaning and organizing myself i'll burn out and get worse than before. i always have my mind on a billion other things and i can't seem to get a hold of the small stuff. like cleaning... I believe i may just be psychologically incapable.

*sigh...

it's hard to be an ENFP. WHY GOD WHY?!! >.<

MBTI
    eSTP
    Socionics
    eSTp

Quote Originally Posted by sketcheasy View Post
    i'm afraid that if i jump head-first into cleaning and organizing myself i'll burn out and get worse than before.
    You must have some sort of plan. The impulsive "Let's just get this over with, now!" will only burn you out, as you fear. And make things worse in the long run too.

For the organization of time, Getting Things Done is supposedly pretty good, I say "supposedly" because I haven't read it yet myself.

Zen Habits has a lot of good info regarding organizing your entire life. And the price is rather hard to beat.
    Power is the virtue that makes all other virtues possible.
    Youtube - Oversensitive Witches
    Scary Bedtime Prayer

MBTI
    Enfp
    Enneagram
    497 sx/so
    Socionics
    IEE Fi

Hey, it isn't easy, and I do have the same problem, but what I usually do is make those boring tasks into projects themselves, and divide them into smaller projects. Every week we have a cleaning lady coming over (coz we really couldn't care less), but you have to clean up in order for her to do her job. So what I do is, I focus on clearing one table, so I feel good when all those random bits are back in its place. Only then do I put my focus on the next part of the room that is a mess.

It helps not to have anything distracting you, like a mighty fun project, or something urgently due. With some music and no time limit, you'll find that you can muse on your thoughts while doing these small little projects and actually get joy out of getting them done

Just my two cents
    Amargith
    ★ڿڰۣ✿ℒoѵℯ✿ڿڰۣ★

"Harm none, do as ye will”

MBTI
    ENFP

Ain't this the truth. It's so frustrating! Arghh!
    Ombaaraminayasabaha
    4w5 sx/so/sp

MBTI
    ENFP
    Enneagram
    9w1 sx/so

i know!! me either...constantly spinning plates!
    There can’t be any large-scale revolution until there’s a personal revolution, on an individual level. It’s got to happen inside first.
    -Jim Morrison

MBTI
    ENTP
    Enneagram
    3w2

Any other ENFP's find that you are able to be the most organized when you have many tasks on the go?

MBTI
    enfp

im going to get a touch screen pda phone

i had the samsung i730 before. it would pop up alerts, tell em abuot things i had to do etc...it was great. i would get more stuff done than most people! u need a windows based platform for those easy to program pop up alerts... usually pdas have that, not normal cell phones

after i lost it, i frickin got a lot lazier. i should upgrade to a pda again soon...

MBTI
    GONE

Keep on working at it.

You have to realize there is no short cut, no magic pill, it does not get more enjoyable, or easier.

You just have to buckle down and do it. Period.

Eventually, you get to a point of disgust or hit the wall of reality that asks you, "Do you WANT to make something of your life? Or would prefer being a failure?" and that usually motivates you.
    “If you want to tell people the truth, make them laugh, otherwise they'll kill you.” ― Oscar Wilde

"I'm outtie 5000" ― Romulux

Johari/Nohari

MBTI
    enfp

Quote Originally Posted by CzeCze View Post
    Keep on working at it.

You have to realize there is no short cut, no magic pill, it does not get more enjoyable, or easier.

You just have to buckle down and do it. Period.

Eventually, you get to a point of disgust or hit the wall of reality that asks you, "Do you WANT to make something of your life? Or would prefer being a failure?" and that usually motivates you.
    it seems like he's just having a problem doing it, not the lack of motivation...

which is why i totally recommend a pda

once u get used to putting in all types of crap into it like " Call bank tomorrow" you get used to putting it in, and doing it automatically when it pops up!

as for cleaning, just hire a maid to come in once a month.

I've actually got better at handling this stuff recently. I found the best solution is to work in your primary mode Ne as much as possible. Like in my area with science I always got bogged down by all the tedious step by step rigidness of it. But I found that is because I was doing it the wrong way and thinking through stuff. If I just read and take in info and leave a bit of paper infront of me to write down questions and answers and pretty much just spend my time defining the problem and getting info needed for it by exploring, my mind throws me the solution and the justifications for it. Thinking in the traditional sense doesn't really need to come into it, and no sensing. We naturally link concepts as our primary mode, decide which are of value and valid as a secondary mode, then structure and make them more efficient as a tertiary mode. Work on that principle if you can, let your mind flow, perceive rather sense, and link rather than think. Think about where stuff is going and what you can do with it maybe rather than the fact you have to clean it. It will allow more creativity.

Oh yeh, and if you're brain fried then take a break. We stop noticing things and get in a spiral where we ignore sensing more and more and have less reference for intuition which causes more mistakes and more ignoring of sensing.