• You are currently viewing our forum as a guest, which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community, you will have access to additional post topics, communicate privately with other members (PM), view blogs, respond to polls, upload content, and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free, so please join our community today! Just click here to register. You should turn your Ad Blocker off for this site or certain features may not work properly. If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us by clicking here.

[MBTI General] ENFP can't get his ish together

sketcheasy

MBTI Type
ENFP
gah, i can't stay organized for more than two days. every time i try i sort of just fall apart, especially with all my projects. i love art school but i never seem to know what to do with any of the extra shit i have left over. also, i'm afraid that if i jump head-first into cleaning and organizing myself i'll burn out and get worse than before. i always have my mind on a billion other things and i can't seem to get a hold of the small stuff. like cleaning... I believe i may just be psychologically incapable.

*sigh...

it's hard to be an ENFP. WHY GOD WHY?!! >.<

MissMurder

MBTI Type
eSTP
i'm afraid that if i jump head-first into cleaning and organizing myself i'll burn out and get worse than before.

You must have some sort of plan. The impulsive "Let's just get this over with, now!" will only burn you out, as you fear. And make things worse in the long run too.

For the organization of time, Getting Things Done is supposedly pretty good, I say "supposedly" because I haven't read it yet myself.

Zen Habits has a lot of good info regarding organizing your entire life. And the price is rather hard to beat.

Amargith

Hotel California
MBTI Type
ENFP
Enneagram
4dw
Instinctual Variant
sx/so
Hey, it isn't easy, and I do have the same problem, but what I usually do is make those boring tasks into projects themselves, and divide them into smaller projects. Every week we have a cleaning lady coming over (coz we really couldn't care less), but you have to clean up in order for her to do her job. So what I do is, I focus on clearing one table, so I feel good when all those random bits are back in its place. Only then do I put my focus on the next part of the room that is a mess.

It helps not to have anything distracting you, like a mighty fun project, or something urgently due. With some music and no time limit, you'll find that you can muse on your thoughts while doing these small little projects and actually get joy out of getting them done :)

Just my two cents
Amargith

Lady_X

MBTI Type
ENFP
Enneagram
Instinctual Variant
sx/sp
i know!! me either...constantly spinning plates!

Gamine

in-game
MBTI Type
ENTP
Enneagram
3w2
Any other ENFP's find that you are able to be the most organized when you have many tasks on the go?

nomadic

mountain surfing
MBTI Type
enfp
im going to get a touch screen pda phone

i had the samsung i730 before. it would pop up alerts, tell em abuot things i had to do etc...it was great. i would get more stuff done than most people! u need a windows based platform for those easy to program pop up alerts... usually pdas have that, not normal cell phones

after i lost it, i frickin got a lot lazier. i should upgrade to a pda again soon...

CzeCze

RETIRED
MBTI Type
GONE
Keep on working at it.

You have to realize there is no short cut, no magic pill, it does not get more enjoyable, or easier.

You just have to buckle down and do it. Period.

Eventually, you get to a point of disgust or hit the wall of reality that asks you, "Do you WANT to make something of your life? Or would prefer being a failure?" and that usually motivates you.

nomadic

mountain surfing
MBTI Type
enfp
Keep on working at it.

You have to realize there is no short cut, no magic pill, it does not get more enjoyable, or easier.

You just have to buckle down and do it. Period.

Eventually, you get to a point of disgust or hit the wall of reality that asks you, "Do you WANT to make something of your life? Or would prefer being a failure?" and that usually motivates you.

it seems like he's just having a problem doing it, not the lack of motivation...

which is why i totally recommend a pda

once u get used to putting in all types of crap into it like " Call bank tomorrow" you get used to putting it in, and doing it automatically when it pops up!

as for cleaning, just hire a maid to come in once a month.

BlueScreen

Fail 2.0
MBTI Type
YMCA
I've actually got better at handling this stuff recently. I found the best solution is to work in your primary mode Ne as much as possible. Like in my area with science I always got bogged down by all the tedious step by step rigidness of it. But I found that is because I was doing it the wrong way and thinking through stuff. If I just read and take in info and leave a bit of paper infront of me to write down questions and answers and pretty much just spend my time defining the problem and getting info needed for it by exploring, my mind throws me the solution and the justifications for it. Thinking in the traditional sense doesn't really need to come into it, and no sensing. We naturally link concepts as our primary mode, decide which are of value and valid as a secondary mode, then structure and make them more efficient as a tertiary mode. Work on that principle if you can, let your mind flow, perceive rather sense, and link rather than think. Think about where stuff is going and what you can do with it maybe rather than the fact you have to clean it. It will allow more creativity.

Oh yeh, and if you're brain fried then take a break. We stop noticing things and get in a spiral where we ignore sensing more and more and have less reference for intuition which causes more mistakes and more ignoring of sensing.

mlittrell

MBTI Type
ENFP
Enneagram
9w1
im going to get a touch screen pda phone

i had the samsung i730 before. it would pop up alerts, tell em abuot things i had to do etc...it was great. i would get more stuff done than most people! u need a windows based platform for those easy to program pop up alerts... usually pdas have that, not normal cell phones

after i lost it, i frickin got a lot lazier. i should upgrade to a pda again soon...
i got a pda phone a while ago... loved it for about a week then stopped using the apps that helped with organizing lol then got pissed off because the actual phone on it sucked and it was pointless to have a pda so i got a razr2 lol

Lady_X

MBTI Type
ENFP
Enneagram
Instinctual Variant
sx/sp
^^^ haha...you're a funny boy mlittrell :)

Rogue

MBTI Type
ENFP
HAHAHA my heart beets for little ol littrell!

No really Beets...not beats!! lol

nomadic

mountain surfing
MBTI Type
enfp
i got a pda phone a while ago... loved it for about a week then stopped using the apps that helped with organizing lol then got pissed off because the actual phone on it sucked and it was pointless to have a pda so i got a razr2 lol

what kind of pda phone did u get? were the apps annoying to use?

yeah, i totally needed it for reminding me of deadlines... i have this thing of forgetting deadlines for annoying stuff...

mlittrell

MBTI Type
ENFP
Enneagram
9w1
i had the moto q. the apps pretty much sucked. now let me explain something. a pda phone will not make you organized, you need to be an organized person to use a device that will help your organize. so basically you need to be a good organizer first. i learned that through 4 pda's and then a pda phone lol. took me a while, i know, but i finally came to that conclusion. i may be wrong though. now it was cool having the internet, but even that sucked. i got rid of that, bought a razr2 and a nokia n810 (which to this day is singlehandedly the greatest piece of technology i have ever spent $300 on). also a big problem with pda phones is the battery life is pretty horrible. also it ran off windows mobile (big no no). idk i wasn't thrilled at all.
^^^ haha...you're a funny boy mlittrell
HAHAHA my heart beets for little ol littrell!

No really Beets...not beats!! lol
thanks guys :) ive had a icky week and little comments like that are just what i need lol so thank you

sketcheasy

MBTI Type
ENFP
thanks guys. i am still far from being together but i feel i've made a certain amount of progress. i'm just not really sure what i'm doing. i'm hoping i figure it out.