• You are currently viewing our forum as a guest, which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community, you will have access to additional post topics, communicate privately with other members (PM), view blogs, respond to polls, upload content, and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free, so please join our community today! Just click here to register. You should turn your Ad Blocker off for this site or certain features may not work properly. If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us by clicking here.

[MBTI General] estj/infj relationships

fleurdujour

MBTI Type
INFJ
I guess the biggest thing that is probably the root cause of the inconsistency in posts here of MBTI vs Socionics and correlating types is whether you are going off of this:
Who is who? (going strictly by MBTI function correlation, an INFJ would be INFP)

or this:
Psychological ("personality") Types (you'd still come out with the same type. You'd also be the same type if you go by profiles)

Silent Stars

MBTI Type
INFJ
Enneagram
9w1
Ha wow well I am basing my double INFJ off of test results (many MBTI tests in books and online), which are always solid INFJ and socionics on socionics.com (which was solid INFJ), if that helps?
Same here, along with a good bit of input from other people.

Lauren Ashley

Revelation
MBTI Type
INFJ
Enneagram
Instinctual Variant
sx/sp
I guess the biggest thing that is probably the root cause of the inconsistency in posts here of MBTI vs Socionics and correlating types is whether you are going off of this:
Who is who? (going strictly by MBTI function correlation, an INFJ would be INFP)

or this:
Psychological ("personality") Types (you'd still come out with the same type. You'd also be the same type if you go by profiles)

I looked at the type profiles and function breakdowns on socionics.com and wikisocion.org since most of the tests are very transparent as to whether each choice refers to E vs. I, N vs. S, etc. The INFJ profiles were very accurate whereas the INFP profiles were completely inaccurate.

Chris_in_Orbit

MBTI Type
ESTJ
I thought the consensus was to look at mbti and socionics as two seperate entities... I don't think you should be comparing two types or trying to translate mbti types into socionics ones (i.e. Infj = Infp)

Whatever you test as is what you are~

Chris_in_Orbit

MBTI Type
ESTJ
Ohh, I get it, sarcasm.

Cute.

(I'm also glad that the two of you decided to ignore the bulk of that post to rip to shreds. Tsk Tsk)

karenk

MBTI Type
INFJ
Enneagram
4w5
Instinctual Variant
sx/sp
Ohh, I get it, sarcasm.

Cute.

(I'm also glad that the two of you decided to ignore the bulk of that post to rip to shreds. Tsk Tsk)

I see you enjoy projecting your superego like a good estj....

fleurdujour

MBTI Type
INFJ
Ladies and gentlemen, here you have it, an ESTJ amongst a succession of 5 INFJs... let the headbutting begin... :alttongue:

Anja

MBTI Type
INFP
Chris sees the worm on the hook and goes for it.

Don't bite, Chris! Don't bite! :smile:

Silent Stars

MBTI Type
INFJ
Enneagram
9w1
Testing alone doesn't work for people who do not get clear results from it.

Chris_in_Orbit

MBTI Type
ESTJ
Well, I don't think any of you three understood what I meant... There are loads of test available to you. And no, the free tests are not always valid but you have professional ones that I have not once heard of someone getting "unclear results"

The problem is, you all took it upon yourselves to assume what I meant (which, no offense, makes you look pretty foolish) instead of asking me to clarify what I meant. ;)

fleurdujour

MBTI Type
INFJ
No I took what you meant for what it was... you were saying, "bottom line, whatever your test says is what you are" (in MBTI or Socionics or whatever you're testing). While, yes, professional tests are more reliable, they a) cost money (that some people don't have or aren't willing to spend) and b) can still leave plenty of room for error (perfect example: the person answers the questions based off of how they think other people perceive them or how they behave at work, rather than their true innate preferences). But disregarding all of the testing stuff, what we're talking about really doesn't have a ton to do with the tests specifically, because we are talking about the disparity between Socionics and MBTI and making suggestions as to thoughts of differences and how they apply. Maybe we shouldn't be comparing, as you said, because they are meant to be treated as separate entities, but we are because, they still relate in the sense that if a person is exploring their type in both and comparing them, then the two are most certainly comparable with regard to that person. We are not looking at it as black and white as you make it.

Silent Stars

MBTI Type
INFJ
Enneagram
9w1
Well, I don't think any of you three understood what I meant... There are loads of test available to you. And no, the free tests are not always valid but you have professional ones that I have not once heard of someone getting "unclear results"
Not everyone is able to take the professional ones, and so they have to rely on online resources. I do happen to know someone who has tested as pretty much all of the types at one point or another, so obviously testing alone didn't quite do the trick. Not everyone has a personality that can be easily fit into any certain kind of personality typing system.

Chris_in_Orbit

MBTI Type
ESTJ
No I took what you meant for what it was... you were saying, "bottom line, whatever your test says is what you are" (in MBTI or Socionics or whatever you're testing). While, yes, professional tests are more reliable, they a) cost money (that some people don't have or aren't willing to spend) and b) can still leave plenty of room for error (perfect example: the person answers the questions based off of how they think other people perceive them or how they behave at work, rather than their true innate preferences). But disregarding all of the testing stuff, what we're talking about really doesn't have a ton to do with the tests specifically, because we are talking about the disparity between Socionics and MBTI and making suggestions as to thoughts of differences and how they apply. Maybe we shouldn't be comparing, as you said, because they are meant to be treated as separate entities, but we are because, they still relate in the sense that if a person is exploring their type in both and comparing them, then the two are most certainly comparable with regard to that person. We are not looking at it as black and white as you make it.

You make valid points but, once again, fail to understand my stance on any of this.

First off, taking the test once and biasing it as you said, is not going to give you your type...obviously. You are once again making assumptions. If I had said, "Take the test once and whatever you get is what you are" then your anger(?) would be justified because that is a ridiculous platform... I am almost angry that you are taking this out of proportion because nothing I have said was even directed at you fleurdujour, I am more than willing to stand my ground however. :)

If anything, the people who are trying to translate between the two theories are the ones who are being black and white about this. (INFJ in MBTI is NiFe and INFP is NiFe so the two must be interchangeable) Everything I said was directed at this. If you test as an MBTI INFJ and you test as an INFJ in Socionics and they both sound right to you then there is obviously no reason to dispute this.

I highly, -highly- suggest you learn to ask questions before you try to combat a person on their stance on something. That doesn't just apply to you fleur. If you are going to say "you were saying, 'bottom line, whatever your test says is what you are'" then you better be a freaking psychic as far as I am concerned.

Not everyone is able to take the professional ones, and so they have to rely on online resources. I do happen to know someone who has tested as pretty much all of the types at one point or another, so obviously testing alone didn't quite do the trick. Not everyone has a personality that can be easily fit into any certain kind of personality typing system.

Agreed, but when did I ever once say that I was talking about the free online tests?

Silent Stars

MBTI Type
INFJ
Enneagram
9w1
Who said anything about taking a test only once? I'm not seeing it...

Also, you didn't specify that you were only referring to professional ones, so what do you expect?

Maybe you could make yourself more clear, rather than saying "You're not getting what I'm talking about." and then not explaining what you meant while getting upset about it.