User Tag List

First 23456 Last

MBTI
    ESTJ

Quote Originally Posted by karenk View Post
    I see you enjoy projecting your superego like a good estj....
    If one post could make me hate all INFJs, this would be it.

Please inform me about an ESTJs superego karenk.

MBTI
    INFJ

Quote Originally Posted by fleurdujour View Post
    Ladies and gentlemen, here you have it, an ESTJ amongst a succession of 5 INFJs... let the headbutting begin...
    Ut here we go...

MBTI
    INFJ
    Enneagram
    4w5 sx/sp
    Socionics
    IEI Ni

Quote Originally Posted by Chris_in_Orbit View Post
    If one post could make me hate all INFJs, this would be it.
    Awww....thanks.

MBTI
    INFP

Chris sees the worm on the hook and goes for it.

Don't bite, Chris! Don't bite!
    "No ray of sunshine is ever lost, but the green which it awakes into existence needs time to sprout, and it is not always granted to the sower to see the harvest. All work that is worth anything is done in faith." - Albert Schweitzer

MBTI
    INFJ
    Enneagram
    9w1
    Socionics
    INFj

Testing alone doesn't work for people who do not get clear results from it.

MBTI
    ESTJ

Well, I don't think any of you three understood what I meant... There are loads of test available to you. And no, the free tests are not always valid but you have professional ones that I have not once heard of someone getting "unclear results"

The problem is, you all took it upon yourselves to assume what I meant (which, no offense, makes you look pretty foolish) instead of asking me to clarify what I meant.

MBTI
    INFJ

No I took what you meant for what it was... you were saying, "bottom line, whatever your test says is what you are" (in MBTI or Socionics or whatever you're testing). While, yes, professional tests are more reliable, they a) cost money (that some people don't have or aren't willing to spend) and b) can still leave plenty of room for error (perfect example: the person answers the questions based off of how they think other people perceive them or how they behave at work, rather than their true innate preferences). But disregarding all of the testing stuff, what we're talking about really doesn't have a ton to do with the tests specifically, because we are talking about the disparity between Socionics and MBTI and making suggestions as to thoughts of differences and how they apply. Maybe we shouldn't be comparing, as you said, because they are meant to be treated as separate entities, but we are because, they still relate in the sense that if a person is exploring their type in both and comparing them, then the two are most certainly comparable with regard to that person. We are not looking at it as black and white as you make it.

MBTI
    INFJ
    Enneagram
    9w1
    Socionics
    INFj

Quote Originally Posted by Chris_in_Orbit View Post
    Well, I don't think any of you three understood what I meant... There are loads of test available to you. And no, the free tests are not always valid but you have professional ones that I have not once heard of someone getting "unclear results"
    Not everyone is able to take the professional ones, and so they have to rely on online resources. I do happen to know someone who has tested as pretty much all of the types at one point or another, so obviously testing alone didn't quite do the trick. Not everyone has a personality that can be easily fit into any certain kind of personality typing system.

MBTI
    ESTJ

Quote Originally Posted by fleurdujour View Post
    No I took what you meant for what it was... you were saying, "bottom line, whatever your test says is what you are" (in MBTI or Socionics or whatever you're testing). While, yes, professional tests are more reliable, they a) cost money (that some people don't have or aren't willing to spend) and b) can still leave plenty of room for error (perfect example: the person answers the questions based off of how they think other people perceive them or how they behave at work, rather than their true innate preferences). But disregarding all of the testing stuff, what we're talking about really doesn't have a ton to do with the tests specifically, because we are talking about the disparity between Socionics and MBTI and making suggestions as to thoughts of differences and how they apply. Maybe we shouldn't be comparing, as you said, because they are meant to be treated as separate entities, but we are because, they still relate in the sense that if a person is exploring their type in both and comparing them, then the two are most certainly comparable with regard to that person. We are not looking at it as black and white as you make it.

You make valid points but, once again, fail to understand my stance on any of this.

First off, taking the test once and biasing it as you said, is not going to give you your type...obviously. You are once again making assumptions. If I had said, "Take the test once and whatever you get is what you are" then your anger(?) would be justified because that is a ridiculous platform... I am almost angry that you are taking this out of proportion because nothing I have said was even directed at you fleurdujour, I am more than willing to stand my ground however.

If anything, the people who are trying to translate between the two theories are the ones who are being black and white about this. (INFJ in MBTI is NiFe and INFP is NiFe so the two must be interchangeable) Everything I said was directed at this. If you test as an MBTI INFJ and you test as an INFJ in Socionics and they both sound right to you then there is obviously no reason to dispute this.

I highly, -highly- suggest you learn to ask questions before you try to combat a person on their stance on something. That doesn't just apply to you fleur. If you are going to say "you were saying, 'bottom line, whatever your test says is what you are'" then you better be a freaking psychic as far as I am concerned.

Quote Originally Posted by Silent Stars View Post
    Not everyone is able to take the professional ones, and so they have to rely on online resources. I do happen to know someone who has tested as pretty much all of the types at one point or another, so obviously testing alone didn't quite do the trick. Not everyone has a personality that can be easily fit into any certain kind of personality typing system.
    Agreed, but when did I ever once say that I was talking about the free online tests?

MBTI
    INFJ
    Enneagram
    9w1
    Socionics
    INFj

Who said anything about taking a test only once? I'm not seeing it...

Also, you didn't specify that you were only referring to professional ones, so what do you expect?

Maybe you could make yourself more clear, rather than saying "You're not getting what I'm talking about." and then not explaining what you meant while getting upset about it.