User Tag List

First 234

MBTI
    INxJ

Hm. When I was a child I was ambidextrous, but now I'm a righty.

MBTI
    INTJ
    Enneagram

Quote Originally Posted by shortnsweet View Post
    sorry to completely kill this thread, but i'm left handed.
    Nah, I know roughly 20 lefties (I used to notice these things and look for patterns in personality when i was really young before I learned about MBTI) and I'd say it's irrelevant to N/S divide. (ISFJ, ESFP, ESFJ, ISFP, xSTP, etc. from high school class)

One thing I have noticed is that I've never met a leftie who had a left shot for hockey. They all shoot right. (IMO, it makes sense to shoot the opposite way of your dominant hand, because the goalies would thus catch the puck with their non-dominant hand like baseball. But righties tend to be evenly split between shooting right and left.)

Also, twin-sets often have a left and right (even fraternal). Likely because a cramped womb meant one arm had more space-maneuverability so it received more opportunity to move, which stimulated and reinforced nerve pathways, which led to a preference that way.
    *You don't have a soul. You are a Soul. You have a body.
    *Faith is the art of holding on to things your reason once accepted, despite your changing moods.
    C.S. Lewis

MBTI
    INFP
    Enneagram
    6w7 sx/so
    Socionics
    IEI

right handed, though I eat and grab with what ever is closest/convinient at the time.
    Dreams are best served manifest and tangible.

INFP, 6w7, IEI

I accept no responsibility, what so ever, for the fact that I exist; I do, however, accept full responsibility for what I do while I exist.

[SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]

One thing I have noticed is that I've never met a leftie who had a left shot for hockey. They all shoot right... But righties tend to be evenly split between shooting right and left.
    Sure, left handers naturally shot right handed, and right handers should naturally shoot left handed, but, as you say, there are many righties who shoot right handed, though i wouldnt say its (read:im sure its not) evenly split, but from things which are people biased to do either left or right handed, shotin in hockey is surely one of those, where volatiliy is bigger. And its kinda surprising why it is that.

IMO, it makes sense to shoot the opposite way of your dominant hand, because the goalies would thus catch the puck with their non-dominant hand like baseball.
    You are rational, arent you?
    People dont shoot either way because it "makes sense", but because they simply feel more comfortable that way. Why, it is different question of course.... (but surely not because it makes better sense to them)

Also, have you ever noticed anomaly in holding knife and fork in left and right handers? Right handers usually hold fork in left and knife in the right hand (while they use both); and guess what about lefties? . . . they do it the same way - they hold fork in left and knife in right(big majority); strange ist it. But if righty hold spoon, or single fork (without knife), he hold it in right, and when he take knife he switches fork to his left. Lefties dont do this. They hold spoon and fork in left, and when they need it, they take knife to right and dont swap anything.

MBTI
    INTJ
    Enneagram

Quote Originally Posted by Gauche View Post
    Sure, left handers naturally shot right handed, and right handers should naturally shoot left handed, but, as you say, there are many righties who shoot right handed, though i wouldnt say its (read:im sure its not) evenly split, but from things which are people biased to do either left or right handed, shotin in hockey is surely one of those, where volatiliy is bigger. And its kinda surprising why it is that.

You are rational, arent you?
    People dont shoot either way because it "makes sense", but because they simply feel more comfortable that way. Why, it is different question of course.... (but surely not because it makes better sense to them)

Also, have you ever noticed anomaly in holding knife and fork in left and right handers? Right handers usually hold fork in left and knife in the right hand (while they use both); and guess what about lefties? . . . they do it the same way - they hold fork in left and knife in right(big majority); strange ist it. But if righty hold spoon, or single fork (without knife), he hold it in right, and when he take knife he switches fork to his left. Lefties dont do this. They hold spoon and fork in left, and when they need it, they take knife to right and dont swap anything.
    I phrased it wrong--it makes sense that people would be most comfortable shooting the opposite of their dominant hand. Becuase if they moved into goalie position, which a lot of people take turns doing in pickup street hockey or whatever it is, they can retain their shooting preference and also retain their catching preference.

(i.e. I'm a righty that shoots left; when i move from defence into goal, i can throw on a baseball glove and still shoot left as a goalie. It makes sense that this would all be aligned in natural preference as opposed to a logical conscious decision.)

Poor wording in my part.
    *You don't have a soul. You are a Soul. You have a body.
    *Faith is the art of holding on to things your reason once accepted, despite your changing moods.
    C.S. Lewis

Quote Originally Posted by Sunshine8 View Post
    I work with a lot of Ns - a whole office full actually (government area) - and one thing I have noticed recently is that there are a lot of left-handers in the team. Much more than the usual proportion, me being one of them.

My last two exs were Ns and they were both left handed also...what is your observation?

Thanks
    I'm curious to know if there is a study proving/disproving any links between type and favored hand usage. I have no clue personally.
    "The purpose of life is to be defeated by greater and greater things." - Rainer Maria Rilke

MBTI
    INFP
    Enneagram
    4w5
    Socionics
    INFx

I think it might have something to do with brain hemispheric dominance, because the left side of the brain controls the right side of the body, and vice versa. As the right hemisphere is typically holistic, nonverbal, and imaginative it makes sense that more intuitives would be right-brained. This is pretty interesting though, because I am pretty right brained (check my type yo!) and my mother felt sure I was going to be left-handed. However, in early school days I am told I was forced to use my right hand, so as a result I'm right handed (and right footed). Whether I would have been a leftie otherwise, I can't say. I find that my left hand often has superior grip, and I use it for things like eating crisps, opening bottles, and holding a fork while cutting with a knife and so on. This may just be because I perform many repetitive, detail orientated tasks with my right hand, like writing, and using the mouse (especially during gaming), and I have had a small onset of RSI before. They say that it improves connections between your brain to learn how to use the opposite hand, though, so I might just train ambidexterity as an exercise
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
    "A person usually has two reasons for doing something: a good reason and the real reason."

Fi=Ne>Ni>Si=Te>Fe>Ti>Se

MBTI
    INtj
    Enneagram
    9w1

I'm right-handed, but I've taught myself to eat and mouse with my left hand as well (to relax my muscles on the other side). Even had begun writing with left hand (a whole new feeling).
    INtj | 9w1

MBTI
    INTp
    Enneagram
    5w4 sx/sp
    Socionics
    LII None

Quote Originally Posted by Llewellyn View Post
    (a whole new feeling).
    red flag? j/k
    The answer must be in the attempt
    avy url : natgeocreative Photo