User Tag List

123 Last

Thread: Fashion is ugly

heart on fire

Default Fashion is ugly

I need to aquire a couple of clothing items and I just cannot bring myself to waste the money. Current fashions just seem on the whole really unattractive to me. I must be getting old or something.

And then even I find something I halfway like, it's made out of polyester...ugh I burn up in anything but cotton.

What I really want are some cotton dresses, woven cotton, not knit and not poly/cotton but cotton and I want them to look nice, not some battle-axe looking sack, but I don't see many of these out there now. What the hell happened?

`~~Philosoflying~~` SillySapienne's Avatar
    MBTI
    ENFP
    Enneagram
    4w5

That is why thrift stores, resale stores and vintage stores are the best!!!!

`
    'Cause you can't handle me...

"A lie is a lie even if everyone believes it. The truth is the truth even if nobody believes it." - David Stevens

"That that is, is. That that is not, is not. Is that it? It is."

Veritatem dies aperit

Ride si sapis

Intelligentle sparkles

heart on fire

Yes, that's all I used to shop at, but I have the chronic vertigo/fatigue thing now, makes it hard to waste energy going out shopping. Thrift shopping is like hunting, need to be able to take a lot of time and energy seeking the best game...I need something online.

`~~Philosoflying~~` SillySapienne's Avatar
    MBTI
    ENFP
    Enneagram
    4w5

Hmm, I don't really buy clothes online, lemme ask my sister if she knows of any good sites.

`
    'Cause you can't handle me...

"A lie is a lie even if everyone believes it. The truth is the truth even if nobody believes it." - David Stevens

"That that is, is. That that is not, is not. Is that it? It is."

Veritatem dies aperit

Ride si sapis

Intelligentle sparkles

heart on fire

I should go on Ebay, but I'm on dial up and looking through ebay wastes so much time and energy.

This is really just a whine...

MBTI
    ESTP
    Enneagram
    6w5
    Socionics
    SLE

Dial up? I'm so, so sorry.
    Artes, Scientia, Veritasiness

heart on fire

Why are you sorry? You don't pay for my internet.

Anyway, why do women just LOVE, LOVE, LOVE polyester, rayon and nylon????

I just don't understand it. I can't breathe in that crap and if I get hot, I feel nauseated. How can women stand having their skin trapped in by those nylon, polyester clothes that don't breathe?

Yet it often seems most of the prettier, more feminine clothes are polyester and nylon. *sigh*

MBTI
    enfp
    Enneagram

As are I. I still enjoy the hunt of that perfect shirt or cheap pair of shoes. I bought a scarf for a dollar saturday ^_^b I was quite pleased with myself..

.. >.o Online shopping for clothes has proven massively unsuccessful for me. I don't trust it so much at all. I went shopping at VS one time in Iraq to have nice clothes when I got home.. and I had to return the jeans twice, and dresses that looked wonderful actually looked like ass when I received them in the mail.. definitely not the same thing I had seen on the site's pic. The ONLY things I was happy with were a pair of carpenter jeans (they were massively comfy once I got my right size), and a bra-top bikini top.. It's SO hard to find bathing suits to fit me right.

I agree with you though on fashion!! I can't STAND some of the stuff girls are wearing out and about.. I think guys are getting a bit more classy in their dressing, which I don't mind if they don't go overboard.. but on the whole, I make my own way of it.
    Kantgirl: Just say "I'm feminine and I'll punch anyone who says otherwise!"
    Halla74: Think your way through the world. Feel your way through life.

Cimarron: maybe Prpl will be your girl-bud
    prplchknz: i don't like it

In Search Of... ... Kiwi Sketch Art ... Dream Journal ... Kyuuei's Cook book ... Kyu's Tiny House Blog ... Minimalist Challenge ... Kyu's Savings Challenge

MBTI
    enfp
    Enneagram

Quote Originally Posted by heart View Post
    Why are you sorry? You don't pay for my internet.

Anyway, why do women just LOVE, LOVE, LOVE polyester, rayon and nylon????

I just don't understand it. I can't breathe in that crap and if I get hot, I feel nauseated. How can women stand having their skin trapped in by those nylon, polyester clothes that don't breathe?

Yet it often seems most of the prettier, more feminine clothes are polyester and nylon. *sigh*
    I get claustrophobic when wearing skinny jeans.. o.o they have to have a flare leg at LEAST or I freak out. Srsly.

Couldn't tell ya!
    Kantgirl: Just say "I'm feminine and I'll punch anyone who says otherwise!"
    Halla74: Think your way through the world. Feel your way through life.

Cimarron: maybe Prpl will be your girl-bud
    prplchknz: i don't like it

In Search Of... ... Kiwi Sketch Art ... Dream Journal ... Kyuuei's Cook book ... Kyu's Tiny House Blog ... Minimalist Challenge ... Kyu's Savings Challenge

heart on fire

^ Hanes online used to have really nice, attractive, cotton dresses that were comfortable. Now they stopped.