• You are currently viewing our forum as a guest, which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community, you will have access to additional post topics, communicate privately with other members (PM), view blogs, respond to polls, upload content, and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free, so please join our community today! Just click here to register. You should turn your Ad Blocker off for this site or certain features may not work properly. If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us by clicking here.

[ENFP] Songs for an ENFP

Nillerz

MBTI Type
ENFP
Is music choice dependant on personality? Who knows! How about you ENFP's suggest me songs and we'll see.

Lady_X

MBTI Type
ENFP
Enneagram
Instinctual Variant
sx/sp
you want soulful bluesy acoustic stuff or house music?

Amargith

Hotel California
MBTI Type
ENFP
Enneagram
4dw
Instinctual Variant
sx/so
paradise by the dashboard light ;)

phoenix13

MBTI Type
ENFP
Enneagram
7w8
-Shostakovich Violin Concerto No.1 (particularly movements 2 and 3)... they portray a devil's dance and lost soul wandering respectively.
Definitely check out string quartet No. 8... it's one of the most intense pieces out there.

-Mahler Symphony No. 6, Finale (nicknamed "Tragic")
(also check out his 2nd symphony, particularly movt.s 4 and 5)

-Prokofiev Piano Concerto No.5 movt. 4 (Larghetto).
(also check out Piano conc. 2 movt.1; piano conc. 3 movt. 3; symphony no.2, movt. 1; symphony no. 3, all of it... I'll stop now.)

-Muse: "Apocalypse Now," "Falling Away," and "Stockholm Syndrome"

-Rammstein: "Seemann" and "Keine Lust"

I'll list more as I think of them.

Last edited:

Wild horses

MBTI Type
ENFP
Anything by nouvelle vague takes me to another place! I also love the icelandic band Mum along with sigur ros! BLISS!!!!!!

LunaIndigo

MBTI Type
ENFP
Enneagram
4w5
I like a lot of Alanis Morissette, alternative stuff from the 90's that no one listens to anymore. Especially Third Eye Blind.

ETA: Oh and never forget some Weird Al!

351Stang

MBTI Type
ISTP
Enneagram
Lately i've been listening to lot's of ambient type music such as M83, the radio dept., the album leaf, sigur ros, and the notwist.

Early 90's alternative/ grunge never gets old though, third eye blind, butthole surfers, the lemonheads, pixies, the tragically hip, and 311 never get old.

I guess any song that is melodic and i can chill out to is cool with me :headphne:

Oh and Wild Horses, you've got some good taste in music :newwink:

Nillerz

MBTI Type
ENFP
you want soulful bluesy acoustic stuff or house music?

Like both!

Benassi is my favorite DJ, and I also like Bassnectar. When it comes to bluesy, I like the White Stripes, Loretta Lynn, and the Cardigans (if you consider them bluesy, sorta indy-pop)

Anyone like the Talking Heads? They're so ENFP...

wedekit

MBTI Type
INFJ
I like a lot of Alanis Morissette, alternative stuff from the 90's that no one listens to anymore. Especially Third Eye Blind.

I listen to the 90's still. It's my favorite music era! :cheese: And I was just listening to Alanis today!

kyuuei

Emperor/Dictator
MBTI Type
enfp
Enneagram
[YOUTUBE="http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=2ZDJ2jKXHXo"]Rip Slyme - Funkastic[/YOUTUBE]

mlittrell

MBTI Type
ENFP
Enneagram
9w1
it is not what you like it is why you like it. music is related to personality but it isn't as direct as you would think. you can't say "well im an ENFP and because i think similarly to other ENFPs i must like the same music". you can think similarly and like completely different music. im doing a blog on music and personality. structure seems to be the only thing that types might like similarly, but even then its not what kind of structure its why they like the structure they like.

and currently ive been listening to zero 7, massive attack, dead meadow, circa survive, iron and wine, clutch, and some BTBAM

BlueScreen

Fail 2.0
MBTI Type
YMCA
it is not what you like it is why you like it. music is related to personality but it isn't as direct as you would think. you can't say "well im an ENFP and because i think similarly to other ENFPs i must like the same music". you can think similarly and like completely different music. im doing a blog on music and personality. structure seems to be the only thing that types might like similarly, but even then its not what kind of structure its why they like the structure they like.

and currently ive been listening to zero 7, massive attack, dead meadow, circa survive, iron and wine, clutch, and some BTBAM

Yeh, I'd be interested in what type of music ENFPs create also. I've been noticing there are personality dependent things in writing and music styles. I don't know what goes with what personality though.

I'm guessing some type with S writes the cutesy descriptive poetry that I don't quite get, hehe. Like "we sat in a tree, the branch fell off and we hugged eachother." Maybe an SP because the sense is normally a bit whacked out for a judging. That brings me to a completely off topic question. What personality type is most common for emos?

Oh yeh, and on music my favourite bands would be Beatles, Pink Floyd, Radiohead, Sigur Ros, Rolling Stones, Bob Dylan, Counting Crows. I love beatles because they are awesome (I don't need to justify that), and totally idolise John Lennon. The next three I love because of the intricacy and complexity in the music. You get lost following different parts of it and it gets better with each listen. Rolling stones and Oasis I love the attitude. Dylan was just cool. And I like Counting Crows because of Adam Duritz's writing style, recovering the satellites is the only album of theirs I'm obsessed with and it's probably my favourite.

Maabus1999

MBTI Type
INTJ
Topics like this always intrigue me but I'm going to go that you will find every single person here will have varying tastes as it is dependent on experiences which do not make up your personality type. Now how you use it in your life and "communicate" with it may be very similar, but what genre will vary.

PinkIceTD

MBTI Type
ENFP

ETA: Oh and never forget some Weird Al!

You and I could probably have our own infinite playlist.

mlittrell

MBTI Type
ENFP
Enneagram
9w1
Yeh, I'd be interested in what type of music ENFPs create also. I've been noticing there are personality dependent things in writing and music styles. I don't know what goes with what personality though.

I'm guessing some type with S writes the cutesy descriptive poetry that I don't quite get, hehe. Like "we sat in a tree, the branch fell off and we hugged eachother." Maybe an SP because the sense is normally a bit whacked out for a judging. That brings me to a completely off topic question. What personality type is most common for emos?

Oh yeh, and on music my favourite bands would be Beatles, Pink Floyd, Radiohead, Sigur Ros, Rolling Stones, Bob Dylan, Counting Crows. I love beatles because they are awesome (I don't need to justify that), and totally idolise John Lennon. The next three I love because of the intricacy and complexity in the music. You get lost following different parts of it and it gets better with each listen. Rolling stones and Oasis I love the attitude. Dylan was just cool. And I like Counting Crows because of Adam Duritz's writing style, recovering the satellites is the only album of theirs I'm obsessed with and it's probably my favourite.
well the functions do a good job of explaining music and personality. when im finished my blog ill leave a link. not to pat myself on the back but i linked the functions beautifully to music. its really nothing special in fact once you read it it will kinda be a "duh" moment. and to answer the emo question, though i dont usually place types into a certain type of music because, well, personally i dont think type can bind a person, i no a crapload of ISFJs that like emo, as well as some INFJs. but really dont look into that in fact i beg you not to.

EDIT:
and a song for an ENFP, well i just listened to the song "everything in its right place" by radiohead (though i dont really like radio head, that song is cool)

try some zero 7 for some really chilled out stuff. dead meadow for some good ole stoner rock, clutch for just straight rock and roll, massive attack if your in the mood for something dark... team sleep also, idk look on last.fm

SillySapienne

`~~Philosoflying~~`
MBTI Type
ENFP
Enneagram
4w5
Willing to Fight by Ani DiFranco

[youtube="d7c1HgCLnjo"]Willing to Fight[/youtube]

The windows of my soul
are made of one way glass
don't bother looking into my eyes
if there's something you want to know,