User Tag List

First 1234 Last

MBTI
    INFJ

Quote Originally Posted by LunaIndigo View Post
    I like a lot of Alanis Morissette, alternative stuff from the 90's that no one listens to anymore. Especially Third Eye Blind.
    I listen to the 90's still. It's my favorite music era! And I was just listening to Alanis today!
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
    Enneagram 4w5 social

MBTI
    enfp
    Enneagram

[YOUTUBE="http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=2ZDJ2jKXHXo"]Rip Slyme - Funkastic[/YOUTUBE]
    Kantgirl: Just say "I'm feminine and I'll punch anyone who says otherwise!"
    Halla74: Think your way through the world. Feel your way through life.

Cimarron: maybe Prpl will be your girl-bud
    prplchknz: i don't like it

In Search Of... ... Kiwi Sketch Art ... Dream Journal ... Kyuuei's Cook book ... Kyu's Tiny House Blog ... Minimalist Challenge ... Kyu's Savings Challenge

MBTI
    ENFP
    Enneagram
    9w1

it is not what you like it is why you like it. music is related to personality but it isn't as direct as you would think. you can't say "well im an ENFP and because i think similarly to other ENFPs i must like the same music". you can think similarly and like completely different music. im doing a blog on music and personality. structure seems to be the only thing that types might like similarly, but even then its not what kind of structure its why they like the structure they like.

and currently ive been listening to zero 7, massive attack, dead meadow, circa survive, iron and wine, clutch, and some BTBAM
    "Honest differences are often a healthy sign of progress. "

"You must not lose faith in humanity. Humanity is an ocean; if a few drops of the ocean are dirty, the ocean does not become dirty."

"An eye for an eye makes the whole world blind."

Mahatma Gandhi

Enneagram: 9w1

Quote Originally Posted by mlittrell View Post
    it is not what you like it is why you like it. music is related to personality but it isn't as direct as you would think. you can't say "well im an ENFP and because i think similarly to other ENFPs i must like the same music". you can think similarly and like completely different music. im doing a blog on music and personality. structure seems to be the only thing that types might like similarly, but even then its not what kind of structure its why they like the structure they like.

and currently ive been listening to zero 7, massive attack, dead meadow, circa survive, iron and wine, clutch, and some BTBAM
    Yeh, I'd be interested in what type of music ENFPs create also. I've been noticing there are personality dependent things in writing and music styles. I don't know what goes with what personality though.

I'm guessing some type with S writes the cutesy descriptive poetry that I don't quite get, hehe. Like "we sat in a tree, the branch fell off and we hugged eachother." Maybe an SP because the sense is normally a bit whacked out for a judging. That brings me to a completely off topic question. What personality type is most common for emos?

Oh yeh, and on music my favourite bands would be Beatles, Pink Floyd, Radiohead, Sigur Ros, Rolling Stones, Bob Dylan, Counting Crows. I love beatles because they are awesome (I don't need to justify that), and totally idolise John Lennon. The next three I love because of the intricacy and complexity in the music. You get lost following different parts of it and it gets better with each listen. Rolling stones and Oasis I love the attitude. Dylan was just cool. And I like Counting Crows because of Adam Duritz's writing style, recovering the satellites is the only album of theirs I'm obsessed with and it's probably my favourite.

MBTI
    ENFP
    Enneagram
    4w5

Quote Originally Posted by wedekit View Post
    I listen to the 90's still. It's my favorite music era! And I was just listening to Alanis today!
    Well sweet it's my favorite too!

MBTI
    INTJ

Topics like this always intrigue me but I'm going to go that you will find every single person here will have varying tastes as it is dependent on experiences which do not make up your personality type. Now how you use it in your life and "communicate" with it may be very similar, but what genre will vary.

MBTI
    ENFP
    Socionics
    ENFp

Quote Originally Posted by LunaIndigo View Post
    I like a lot of Alanis Morissette, alternative stuff from the 90's that no one listens to anymore. Especially Third Eye Blind.

ETA: Oh and never forget some Weird Al!
    You and I could probably have our own infinite playlist.

MBTI
    ENFP
    Enneagram
    4w5

Quote Originally Posted by PinkIceTD View Post
    You and I could probably have our own infinite playlist.
    Really? Awesome! It's always great to find someone who listens to the same stuff I do, because no one in my school does.

MBTI
    ENFP
    Enneagram
    9w1

Quote Originally Posted by noigmn View Post
    Yeh, I'd be interested in what type of music ENFPs create also. I've been noticing there are personality dependent things in writing and music styles. I don't know what goes with what personality though.

I'm guessing some type with S writes the cutesy descriptive poetry that I don't quite get, hehe. Like "we sat in a tree, the branch fell off and we hugged eachother." Maybe an SP because the sense is normally a bit whacked out for a judging. That brings me to a completely off topic question. What personality type is most common for emos?

Oh yeh, and on music my favourite bands would be Beatles, Pink Floyd, Radiohead, Sigur Ros, Rolling Stones, Bob Dylan, Counting Crows. I love beatles because they are awesome (I don't need to justify that), and totally idolise John Lennon. The next three I love because of the intricacy and complexity in the music. You get lost following different parts of it and it gets better with each listen. Rolling stones and Oasis I love the attitude. Dylan was just cool. And I like Counting Crows because of Adam Duritz's writing style, recovering the satellites is the only album of theirs I'm obsessed with and it's probably my favourite.
    well the functions do a good job of explaining music and personality. when im finished my blog ill leave a link. not to pat myself on the back but i linked the functions beautifully to music. its really nothing special in fact once you read it it will kinda be a "duh" moment. and to answer the emo question, though i dont usually place types into a certain type of music because, well, personally i dont think type can bind a person, i no a crapload of ISFJs that like emo, as well as some INFJs. but really dont look into that in fact i beg you not to.

EDIT:
    and a song for an ENFP, well i just listened to the song "everything in its right place" by radiohead (though i dont really like radio head, that song is cool)

try some zero 7 for some really chilled out stuff. dead meadow for some good ole stoner rock, clutch for just straight rock and roll, massive attack if your in the mood for something dark... team sleep also, idk look on last.fm
    "Honest differences are often a healthy sign of progress. "

"You must not lose faith in humanity. Humanity is an ocean; if a few drops of the ocean are dirty, the ocean does not become dirty."

"An eye for an eye makes the whole world blind."

Mahatma Gandhi

Enneagram: 9w1

`~~Philosoflying~~` SillySapienne's Avatar
    MBTI
    ENFP
    Enneagram
    4w5

Willing to Fight by Ani DiFranco

[youtube="d7c1HgCLnjo"]Willing to Fight[/youtube]

The windows of my soul
    are made of one way glass
    don't bother looking into my eyes
    if there's something you want to know,
    just ask
    I got a dead bolt stroll
    where I'm going is clear
    I won't wait for you to wonder
    I'll just tell you why I'm here

'cause I know the biggest crime
    is just to throw up your hands
    say
    this has nothing to do with me
    I just want to live as comfortably as I can
    you got to look outside your eyes
    you got to think outside your brain
    you got to walk outside you life
    to where the neighborhood changes

tell me who is your boogieman
    that's who I will be
    you don't have to like me for who I am
    but we'll see what you're made of
    by what you make of me
    I think that it's absurd
    that you think I
    am the derelict daughter
    I fight fire with words
    words are hotter than flames
    words are wetter than water

I got friends all over this country
    I got friends in other countries too
    I got friends I haven't met yet
    I got friends I never knew
    I got lovers whose eyes
    I've only seen at a glance
    I got strangers for great grandchildren
    I got strangers for ancestors

I was a long time coming
    I'll be a long time gone
    you've got your whole life to do something
    and that's not very long
    so why don't you give me a call
    when you're willing to fight
    for what you think is real
    for what you think is right
    `
    'Cause you can't handle me...

"A lie is a lie even if everyone believes it. The truth is the truth even if nobody believes it." - David Stevens

"That that is, is. That that is not, is not. Is that it? It is."

Veritatem dies aperit

Ride si sapis

Intelligentle sparkles