• You are currently viewing our forum as a guest, which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community, you will have access to additional post topics, communicate privately with other members (PM), view blogs, respond to polls, upload content, and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free, so please join our community today! Just click here to register. You should turn your Ad Blocker off for this site or certain features may not work properly. If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us by clicking here.

[MBTI General] developing inferior thinking

bronte

MBTI Type
infp
so how do we develop these abilities?
I'm not sure if i would recognise a totally rational objective thought if it ran up behind me and bit me on the bum!;)
but i would like to espcially as my line of work means that I tend to work with intps/js entp/js of whom I am often in awe - i manage to keep up but its a bit like working on a different planet
so how do you folks go about developing these skills and how do you know when youve done:huh: so?

edcoaching

MBTI Type
INFJ
Enneagram
  • practice if/then cause/effect what-precedent-am-i-setting reasoning
  • List objective criteria for decisions and rank the alternatives--cost, time, other measurable things. Lok at these first before you do the feelign analysis
  • Practice getting down to business

Communicate at work through objectivity. They don't care how you feel but you can document facts. I develpoed T by getting a doctorate...required lots fo chocolate...

bronte

MBTI Type
infp
thanks ed
I sometimes get confused about this. I'm not sure how much i do use this inferior to function. Ive studied up to masters level - enjoyed it and didnt have that much difficulty with it but it was a topic i was passionate about. In these situations i can be very thorough and actually enjoy the detail if i think getting it right will make a difference for people - i like proving a point then by being very sure of my arguments and giving detailed logical reasons (youre right its the only thing they listen to) but on a day to day hour by hour basis I know i make decisions very much by feeling and a logicical approach always has to be something i have to be aware of and working hard at for it to make sense. Re getting down to business because i'm busy i have to but sometimes its so demoralising - that they get more done because they don't stop to look at the human cost (or not very often)and explain things to people like i do - and often i wish i had more time to think about things at work
this probably makes no sense but im getting it off my chest!

Chris_in_Orbit

MBTI Type
ESTJ
You've got a lot of people you will be working with that you can observe. The most logical thing you can do is watch them :)
But when dealing with logic, the fluff has to stay out of the way.. If you make a statement, only make it if you have concrete evidence to back it up.

bronte

MBTI Type
infp
that makes sense Chris - just tell me a bit more about the 'fluff' :)

Chris_in_Orbit

MBTI Type
ESTJ
fluff is anything thats not concrete. If you are trying to use the logic card you can't say well I don't -feel- this is right.. or it just doesn't sit right with me..

Good thing about Fs that is usually not realized is that their empathy can make them highly logical.. If you actually sit down and speculate why something doesn't seem right, you will usually get a good answer.. Just need to learn how to support your feelings with cold hard facts. ;)