123 Last

MBTI
    Enfp
    Enneagram
    497 sx/so
    Socionics
    IEE Fi

Default Dealing with stress

So you've had a lousy day at work, you're low on energy, you get home and you just wanna turn your mind off somehow so you do not have to relive those moments and feelings constantly. How do you do it? What is your way to just zone out for a bit? Cigarettes? A drink? Espresso? Chocolate? Meditation? Sport?

What gives you that warm cuddly feeling inside which allows you to forget all your worries, and how/why does it give you that feeling?
    ★ڿڰۣ✿ℒoѵℯ✿ڿڰۣ★

"Harm none, do as ye will”

MBTI
    INFJ
    Enneagram
    6?

MBTI Central.

Also, MAKIN' OUT.
    INFJ

"I can never be what I ought to be until you are what you ought to be. You can never be what you ought to be until I am what I ought to be. This is the interrelated structure of reality." -Martin Luther King, Jr.

MBTI
    Enfp
    Enneagram
    497 sx/so
    Socionics
    IEE Fi

LOL
    ★ڿڰۣ✿ℒoѵℯ✿ڿڰۣ★

"Harm none, do as ye will”

MBTI
    INFJ
    Enneagram
    6?

My serious answer, which is related to my quip above, is that I go into avoidance mode. Right now, I should be writing an entry for my professional portfolio. Instead, I am dicking around on the internet. I KNOW what I need to be doing, and I KNOW that I'm actively avoiding it, and I cannot muster the willpower to stop myself.
    INFJ

"I can never be what I ought to be until you are what you ought to be. You can never be what you ought to be until I am what I ought to be. This is the interrelated structure of reality." -Martin Luther King, Jr.

MBTI
    InFp

lol i know that feeling so well, had to do assignments for a college course i somehow managed to complete

we would be given them months before hand in and everytime it would be up till 4 in the morning on the day of hand in and rushing them at the last minute

even when i had to resubmit a couple i hadnt passed, i did it all in the last two days of the two months we had been given to re do them, always been the same too, although i always say right, next time im going to do it well in advance and spend a lot of time doing so, instead of a last minute rushed job

MBTI
    InFp

and in response, the way i deal with stress is either to get hammered or get well in to my music, works wonder, bit of distance from everyone else also does the trick

Sniffles

It depends on the level of stress. Simple distractions to help take my mind off it are often enough: TV, reading, music, interacting with friends, contemplation, etc.

Often going to church, either for services or private meditations, helps in a big way; especially in times of deep depression. The serenity and peace of the place coupled with the amazing aesthetic beauty has a powerful effect upon me.

I cannot think of a better way of putting my soul at peace than listening to traditional chants. That and/or certain pieces of classical music.

Simple walks and experiences of nature also help in a big way as well.

MBTI
    ENFP
    Enneagram
    9w1 sx/so

some sort of delicious atmosphere and great music or conversation...preferably a lil wine too
    and nature...

MBTI
    ESTP
    Enneagram
    873 sx/so
    Socionics
    SLE Ti

Sleep.

MBTI
    INFJ
    Enneagram

Quenk and other researchers say that healthy use of our inferior function is the best way to relieve stress because it gives the dominant a break.

INFJ healthy use of Se--sensible exercise, cooking, playing musical instruments, detailed crafts like woodworking or jewelry making

Unhealthy use of Se--mindlessly watching TV, overeating, overexercising...
    edcoaching