• You are currently viewing our forum as a guest, which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community, you will have access to additional post topics, communicate privately with other members (PM), view blogs, respond to polls, upload content, and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free, so please join our community today! Just click here to register. You should turn your Ad Blocker off for this site or certain features may not work properly. If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us by clicking here.

[NF] NFs and Charisma

Jim

Firstly, how would you define charisma? Which NF types exhibit it most/least and why? Are there different 'types' of charisma?

Excuse, the inquisitiveness - I've read just about every NF article online...I'd like other answers from MBTI enthusiasts also! No-one else I know is into this :(

Jack Flak

Permabanned
MBTI Type
type
I'll have to take a wait-and-see approach to this thread. I can't compose my thoughts unless I find someone to agree or disagree with. :p

edcoaching

MBTI Type
INFJ
Enneagram
INFJ charisma: You're affected by it if you had no preconceived notion you wanted to be involved in something and all of a sudden are convinced it's part of your life mission. And you're not sure how it happened because the persuasion was so subtle...

INFP charisma: You're affected if you find yourself fully and completely admiring the INFP for his/her stance or opinion whether or not you agree.

ENFP charisma: You're stand-on-your-seat-and-cheer excited about whatever new idea the ENFP has come up with.

ENFJ charisma: You've heard the speech and it's roused you to action. You're ready to get involved because that message was tailored just for you...

animenagai

MBTI Type
NeFi
Enneagram
4w3
i think charisma implies complexity as well as likability and perhaps intelligence. i don't think i've ever called someone stupid charismatic. we NF's do typically have those traits. we care about people (F) and we try to get through the layers as to why something is liked (N).

SuperFob

MBTI Type
INFJ
ENFJ's are the most charismatic people in the world, IMO. Electrifying as public speakers.

Nonsensical

MBTI Type
ENFP
Enneagram
I don't know, I'm pretty shy..to the point where I am just a huge dork..but I mean..if I am really intimate, I guess I can be charismatic, but not enough to notice, I'm just speculating..

ajblaise

Minister of Propagandhi
MBTI Type
INTP
Personality mirroring is an important aspect to charisma. I might guess that a E and a P will be the best out of the NF's at this. ENFP's also project enthusiasm and interest that could top other types. However, I think ENFJ's might eclipse ENFP's in certain aspects of charismatic personality.

Lady_X

MBTI Type
ENFP
Enneagram
Instinctual Variant
sx/sp
^^^ interesting...could you name a few of that type that i might know?

Jack Flak

Permabanned
MBTI Type
type
Personality mirroring is an important aspect to charisma. I might guess that a E and a P will be the best out of the NF's at this. ENFP's also project enthusiasm and interest that could top other types. However, I think ENFJ's might eclipse ENFP's in certain aspects of charismatic personality.
I would agree to this, as in my observation ENFPs are the most adaptible of the NFs to whatever social situation they find themselves in.

Lady_X

MBTI Type
ENFP
Enneagram
Instinctual Variant
sx/sp
^^^ i'm sorry...they're enfp or enfj?

SillySapienne

`~~Philosoflying~~`
MBTI Type
ENFP
Enneagram
4w5
I think I am very charismatic, and if you disagree...
spank.gif

Lady_X

MBTI Type
ENFP
Enneagram
Instinctual Variant
sx/sp
okay thanks...they don't stand out for their charisma quite as much as someone like clinton though right?

ajblaise

Minister of Propagandhi
MBTI Type
INTP
okay thanks...they don't stand out for their charisma quite as much as someone like clinton though right?

You could say that, but Presidents are put in probably one of most optimal situations to take advantage of their charisma. I image Robin Williams would have plenty of charming moments as a President... actually I think they did that in a movie already..

Some people think Clinton was ENFP, but I would probably vote ENTP.

Lady_X

MBTI Type
ENFP
Enneagram
Instinctual Variant
sx/sp
oh...that's interesting. thanks :D
and i read that meg ryan was enfp is that true...you think?
robert downy jr. too ?

Moiety

MBTI Type
ISFJ
Charisma is a funny thing for me. I have to admit I love nothing more than to be the charismatic figure in a group. Not as a leader but as a goof who can change to a philosopher in a split second. I like when people laugh at my jokes and when they agree with my reasoning. But I pride myself on respecting other people's space and not feel imposing.

But I must say that when there is an element in the group which is seen as the charismatic figure I tend to not know how to react. I don't like to compete but then I'm used to people finding me funny etc so dealing with charismatic figures is very difficult for me. I thrive on being liked whether I like to admit it or not. Not by everyone (quite the opposite) but in my group. And having someone robbing me of attention makes me go all introspective and silent at times.

ajblaise

Minister of Propagandhi
MBTI Type
INTP
oh...that's interesting. thanks :D
and i read that meg ryan was enfp is that true...you think?
robert downy jr. too ?

I don't know too much about Meg Ryan, that's what I'd say.

I think Downy Jr. is an ENFP who sometimes tries to project himself as an ENTP.