type

You certainly are flip. *invents slang*

MBTI
    ENFP
    Enneagram
    9w1 sx/so

haha

Quote Originally Posted by ajblaise View Post
    I think Downy Jr. is an ENFP who sometimes tries to project himself as an ENTP.
    Not really, there is a certain warmth about him and he seems to talk about feelings, spirituality etc a lot. Also he won't get into an argument for the sake of getting into an argument like a lot of ENTPs do but very often answers a probing question gracefully.

I remember seeing him on Oprah and I swear he made every singly woman in the studio fall in love with him just by being incredibly funny, sweet and loveable. That's what I call charisma.

Minister of Propagandhi ajblaise's Avatar
    MBTI
    INTP

Quote Originally Posted by Lightyear View Post
    Not really, there is a certain warmth about him and he seems to talk about feelings, spirituality etc a lot. Also he won't get into an argument for the sake of getting into an argument like a lot of ENTPs do but very often answers a probing question gracefully.

I remember seeing him on Oprah and I swear he made every singly woman in the studio fall in love with him just by being incredibly funny, sweet and loveable. That's what I call charisma.
    He plays a lot of aloof NT roles, I could be equating that to his real personality. Most of what I've seen about him other than his film work is from when he was addicted to drugs, and he didn't seem too warm and bubbly of a person then.

MBTI
    ENFP
    Enneagram
    9w1

i find that most NFs tend to be charismatic no matter what, the extroverts more than the introverts. i can sell people my ideas (in person better than online) extremely well, even if they are completely wrong and i know it. i rarely do this, but sometimes i like to prove people wrong about their own points by convincing them of a completely different point and then telling them that the point i just convinced them of was wrong lol. its a fun way to debate. my ENFJ friend can get people going into action. he would be an excellent motivational speaker.
    "Honest differences are often a healthy sign of progress. "

"You must not lose faith in humanity. Humanity is an ocean; if a few drops of the ocean are dirty, the ocean does not become dirty."

"An eye for an eye makes the whole world blind."

Mahatma Gandhi

Enneagram: 9w1

Do you think if someone is charismatic they are aware of it?

He plays a lot of aloof NT roles, I could be equating that to his real personality. Most of what I've seen about him other than his film work is from when he was addicted to drugs, and he didn't seem too warm and bubbly of a person then.
    Robert Downey Jr talking about his drug addiction: YouTube - Robert Downey Jr on Opra pt 2

And him and his wife: YouTube - Robert Downey Jr on Opra pt 3

I think he could come off as an ENTP in his more serious moments but for example his wife describes him as an incredibly nice person and it comes through in a lot of his interviews that he really needs to be liked by people which is very ENFP (though I am not sure how much ENTPs care about people liking them)

Yeah, I would say ENFP charisma.

MBTI
    INTP
    Enneagram
    5w4 sx/sp

Quote Originally Posted by edcoaching View Post
    INFJ charisma: You're affected by it if you had no preconceived notion you wanted to be involved in something and all of a sudden are convinced it's part of your life mission. And you're not sure how it happened because the persuasion was so subtle...

INFP charisma: You're affected if you find yourself fully and completely admiring the INFP for his/her stance or opinion whether or not you agree.

ENFP charisma: You're stand-on-your-seat-and-cheer excited about whatever new idea the ENFP has come up with.

ENFJ charisma: You've heard the speech and it's roused you to action. You're ready to get involved because that message was tailored just for you...
    This is good. A lot of the charisma also comes from the fact that NFs have a reflexive personal interest in people and are good at figuring out underlying feelings and motivations - which makes people feel special and understood in one-on-one situations. ENFPs have a bubbly, irresistible charisma with a wide embrace.
    ENFJs are better at motivating people - they are more goal-directed.
    ENFJs can get me to do anything, and frequently do.
    Quote Originally Posted by Ivy View Post
    Gosh, the world looks so small from up here on my high horse of menstruation.

MBTI
    INFJ

I tend to find that people don't come off as very warm and bubbly when they're spiraling into drug problems. Even then, he wasn't afraid of being emotive. When he was sent to jail because of the drug problems he said that he felt like "I have a gun in my throat, and I like the taste of metal."

Looking at his recent interviews and appearances, Robert's cuddliness is pretty undeniable.

As for his movie roles, he seems pretty NF to me in many of his major characters (aside from Tony Stark). His characters in Less Than Zero, Chaplin, Ally McBeal weren't NT at all.

Even so, I think it's inaccurate when people try to type actors based on the types of characters they play. It goes against the whole point of the craft, and good actors (the vast majority of whom I've noticed to be NF's) are convincing when they play different types.

MBTI
    ?

Quote Originally Posted by Jim View Post
    Do you think if someone is charismatic they are aware of it?
    In some circumstances, it is possible that a charismatic person doesn't realise it, but for most charismatic people it should be as you pose the question, usually self evident, it would be a rare case to the contrary, i.e due to lack of relative external awareness/impact of one's actions. etc.