• You are currently viewing our forum as a guest, which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community, you will have access to additional post topics, communicate privately with other members (PM), view blogs, respond to polls, upload content, and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free, so please join our community today! Just click here to register. You should turn your Ad Blocker off for this site or certain features may not work properly. If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us by clicking here.

[NF] NFs and Charisma

Lady_X

MBTI Type
ENFP
Enneagram
Instinctual Variant
sx/sp
i relate to them...i think that's right thanks.
i think the enfp charisma is more subtle...less likely to take over a room as some others i would guess....not to say were not sparkly. :D

ajblaise

Minister of Propagandhi
MBTI Type
INTP
i relate to them...i think that's right thanks.
i think the enfp charisma is more subtle...less likely to take over a room as some others i would guess....not to say were not sparkly. :D

Yeah, you should try to do it more, because that will save people from listening to ENTJ's as much.

Jack Flak

Permabanned
MBTI Type
type
Yeah, you should try to do it more, because that will save people from listening to ENTJ's as much.
The NFs desire for harmony often results in lack of opposition to the domineering presence in the room. Sad, that.

BlueScreen

Fail 2.0
MBTI Type
YMCA
There are always anomalies; exceptions to the rule.

Nah, it's an ENFP trait to break harmony if it leads to control. Though some ENFPs are more vocal than others. Depends where they are at and what range they are thinking at at the time. Like whether they just think stop the control, or they think stopping the control causes this which causes this, which etc.., hmm, screw it lets stir them up for fun or make a joke instead.

SuperFob

MBTI Type
INFJ
I don't know too much about Meg Ryan, that's what I'd say.

I think Downy Jr. is an ENFP who sometimes tries to project himself as an ENTP.
Downey Jr. doesn't try to project himself as an ENTP at all. He just tries to show everyone that he's intelligent (which he is).

ajblaise

Minister of Propagandhi
MBTI Type
INTP
He just tries to show everyone that he's intelligent (which he is).

And by doing this he projects himself with characteristics more similar to NT's. Dry, informative, detached, unemotional.....

SuperFob

MBTI Type
INFJ
And by doing this he projects himself with characteristics more similar to NT's. Dry, informative, detached, unemotional.....
Not exactly. He has the NF warmth to him. He's informative and attached at the same time. He explains things and you can sense that he has an affinity with what he's talking about (at least, I can). Characteristics more similar to NF's.

Lady_X

MBTI Type
ENFP
Enneagram
Instinctual Variant
sx/sp

that's interesting...i'm pretty sure i come off that way as well sometimes.
i have been told that i can be very aloof or flip
i think it's because i'm not usually very attached to my judgments...i don't make them often but when i do...it's just a statement or observation...which...IS detachment i guess.

Lady_X

MBTI Type
ENFP
Enneagram
Instinctual Variant
sx/sp

Lightyear

I think Downy Jr. is an ENFP who sometimes tries to project himself as an ENTP.

Not really, there is a certain warmth about him and he seems to talk about feelings, spirituality etc a lot. Also he won't get into an argument for the sake of getting into an argument like a lot of ENTPs do but very often answers a probing question gracefully.

I remember seeing him on Oprah and I swear he made every singly woman in the studio fall in love with him just by being incredibly funny, sweet and loveable. That's what I call charisma.

ajblaise

Minister of Propagandhi
MBTI Type
INTP
Not really, there is a certain warmth about him and he seems to talk about feelings, spirituality etc a lot. Also he won't get into an argument for the sake of getting into an argument like a lot of ENTPs do but very often answers a probing question gracefully.

I remember seeing him on Oprah and I swear he made every singly woman in the studio fall in love with him just by being incredibly funny, sweet and loveable. That's what I call charisma.

He plays a lot of aloof NT roles, I could be equating that to his real personality. Most of what I've seen about him other than his film work is from when he was addicted to drugs, and he didn't seem too warm and bubbly of a person then.

mlittrell

MBTI Type
ENFP
Enneagram
9w1
i find that most NFs tend to be charismatic no matter what, the extroverts more than the introverts. i can sell people my ideas (in person better than online) extremely well, even if they are completely wrong and i know it. i rarely do this, but sometimes i like to prove people wrong about their own points by convincing them of a completely different point and then telling them that the point i just convinced them of was wrong lol. its a fun way to debate. my ENFJ friend can get people going into action. he would be an excellent motivational speaker.

Jim

Do you think if someone is charismatic they are aware of it?

Lightyear

He plays a lot of aloof NT roles, I could be equating that to his real personality. Most of what I've seen about him other than his film work is from when he was addicted to drugs, and he didn't seem too warm and bubbly of a person then.

Robert Downey Jr talking about his drug addiction: YouTube - Robert Downey Jr on Opra pt 2

And him and his wife: YouTube - Robert Downey Jr on Opra pt 3

I think he could come off as an ENTP in his more serious moments but for example his wife describes him as an incredibly nice person and it comes through in a lot of his interviews that he really needs to be liked by people which is very ENFP (though I am not sure how much ENTPs care about people liking them)

Yeah, I would say ENFP charisma.

Salomé

meh
MBTI Type
INTP
Enneagram
5w4
Instinctual Variant
sx/sp
INFJ charisma: You're affected by it if you had no preconceived notion you wanted to be involved in something and all of a sudden are convinced it's part of your life mission. And you're not sure how it happened because the persuasion was so subtle...

INFP charisma: You're affected if you find yourself fully and completely admiring the INFP for his/her stance or opinion whether or not you agree.

ENFP charisma: You're stand-on-your-seat-and-cheer excited about whatever new idea the ENFP has come up with.

ENFJ charisma: You've heard the speech and it's roused you to action. You're ready to get involved because that message was tailored just for you...

This is good. A lot of the charisma also comes from the fact that NFs have a reflexive personal interest in people and are good at figuring out underlying feelings and motivations - which makes people feel special and understood in one-on-one situations. ENFPs have a bubbly, irresistible charisma with a wide embrace.
ENFJs are better at motivating people - they are more goal-directed.
ENFJs can get me to do anything, and frequently do. :(

SuperFob

MBTI Type
INFJ
I tend to find that people don't come off as very warm and bubbly when they're spiraling into drug problems. Even then, he wasn't afraid of being emotive. When he was sent to jail because of the drug problems he said that he felt like "I have a gun in my throat, and I like the taste of metal."

Looking at his recent interviews and appearances, Robert's cuddliness is pretty undeniable.

As for his movie roles, he seems pretty NF to me in many of his major characters (aside from Tony Stark). His characters in Less Than Zero, Chaplin, Ally McBeal weren't NT at all.

Even so, I think it's inaccurate when people try to type actors based on the types of characters they play. It goes against the whole point of the craft, and good actors (the vast majority of whom I've noticed to be NF's) are convincing when they play different types.

Siegfried

MBTI Type
?
Do you think if someone is charismatic they are aware of it?

In some circumstances, it is possible that a charismatic person doesn't realise it, but for most charismatic people it should be as you pose the question, usually self evident, it would be a rare case to the contrary, i.e due to lack of relative external awareness/impact of one's actions. etc.