• You are currently viewing our forum as a guest, which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community, you will have access to additional post topics, communicate privately with other members (PM), view blogs, respond to polls, upload content, and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free, so please join our community today! Just click here to register. You should turn your Ad Blocker off for this site or certain features may not work properly. If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us by clicking here.

[ENFP] You know you're an ENFP when...

Lady_X

MBTI Type
ENFP
Enneagram
Instinctual Variant
sx/sp
wow that was negative... sorry.

Wild horses

MBTI Type
ENFP
Don't really understand? But I have just eaten like three pounds of sugar so I could be haveing some kind of weird spaced out trip!

Wild horses

MBTI Type
ENFP
Ummm well... NO not really I kinda, after reading it once again, get what you mean!

Lady_X

MBTI Type
ENFP
Enneagram
Instinctual Variant
sx/sp
like you feel very strongly about something and no one else does....feeling capacity too high for my liking i think.
changing the subject....so...whatcha eating?

Geoff

Lallygag Moderator
MBTI Type
INXP
Don't really understand? But I have just eaten like three pounds of sugar so I could be haveing some kind of weird spaced out trip!

I hope you are exaggerating. Either that or are going on a fun run around the planet :yes:

Xellotath

MBTI Type
ENFP
Enneagram
4w5
We must be all from another planet where everything re-arranges itself to fit those sudden feelings. A planet where physics are banned and rationality is a bad word.
What are we doing here with these humans? They make everything more complicated.

Amargith

Hotel California
MBTI Type
ENFP
Enneagram
4dw
Instinctual Variant
sx/so
We must be all from another planet where everything re-arranges itself to fit those sudden feelings. A planet where physics are banned and rationality is a bad word.
What are we doing here with these humans? They make everything more complicated.

Amen to that. I've wondered more often than not if I'm maybe from another planet or alternate universe :D

Xellotath

MBTI Type
ENFP
Enneagram
4w5
like you feel very strongly about something and no one else does....feeling capacity too high for my liking i think.
changing the subject....so...whatcha eating?

That feeling is exasperating, by the way.
If there is a hell, it's having a strong feeling in the middle of a discussion and having no one around you get it.
Absolute misunderstanding.

It's funny because when I do get that... all the counter arguments like "Oh, we're all individuals, see things differently" .. just mean nothing to me. I want the other to -get- me so bad. Makes me want to figure out every single aspect of their persona and manipulate it so they can see what I mean.

And because this is rather grim subject, and I havent ate all day... I'm gonna get a veggie burger or something.

Geoff

Lallygag Moderator
MBTI Type
INXP
You know you're an ENFP when... someone goes to get a veggie burger.

:devil:

Lady_X

MBTI Type
ENFP
Enneagram
Instinctual Variant
sx/sp
i haven't eat yet either...just realized and it's 1:30 pm that's no good...veggie burger sounds yum. :D

Lady_X

MBTI Type
ENFP
Enneagram
Instinctual Variant
sx/sp
of course babe! sounds like fun!

silverchris9

MBTI Type
ENFP
[Hi everyone, I'm new here.]
When you know for a fact that a song can modify your performance and that you may be embodying the rhythm and mood of the song. (Provided you dont interact with others, which in turn, will force you change for them.) And that if all people would dissapear, that song will get stuck in your head forever. Ie. you dont have the willpower to shut it off on your own.

Hmmm... I never associated it with willpower, but that's quite true for me. When I play a song, I do the song.

Not to nitpick but your Ne is what gives you the ability to absorb information constantly from your surroundings. It's our tertiary Te that can school some thinking types and makes logical and analytical discussions easier because it is the function we use when relating to other people.

This is why ENFPs who have honed their Te sometimes come off as ENTPs.

Oh, okay, that does make more sense: organizing and systematizing and whatnot. Although I think we can come to some conclusions faster using Ne. A rational might think their way to a given conclusion, while we jump straight to the idea. But that wouldn't be of any use in an argument, where the whole point is to point out the rational support for each idea. So yeah, I get the Te thing.

FantailedWall

MBTI Type
ENfP
Enneagram
4w5
LOL me too! Sometimes I act as if people weren't even there and they are just part of my drug-fueled delusions. Nonsense mode gone overload...

-When you crave learning anything and everything new.
-When you changed majors like crazy.
-When you secretly dream of staying in academia perpetually, for the rest of your life, minus the technical and nitty-gritty aspects.
-when you love to psychoanalyze people.

-When you love humanity; you love life.
-When you love people for their little quirks.

-When idiosyncrasies seem to shade your world with color, comedy, delight!
-When you're naturally high.

-When you're good at wearing different hats for the appropriate occasion (figuratively speaking).

Hells to the yes (but I fixed one for you ;) )

This is why ENFPs who have honed their Te sometimes come off as ENTPs.

There aren't a whole lot of people I know who are too familiar with MBTI - but between the few I do know, I have twice been originally typed as an ENTP who just happens to be sensitive, twice an ENXP, and merely once an ENFP (by the one who knows me best).
:huh:

Silly. Don't they know I'm an F through-and-through - merely dressed up in 'T' clothing?

FantailedWall

MBTI Type
ENfP
Enneagram
4w5
Oh, and...

Thinking that maybe, you really could fall in love with anyone who appears confident. To the extent that being a "serial killer's assistant" sounds like a dream job.

:thelook:
Umm...no?
Not at all, never?

More like - "You know you're an ENFP when you can't help sympathizing with the really messed-up serial killers - 'but he was abused as a child, kid never stood a chance...' - whilst simultaneously abhorring them and everything they stand for."

Lady_X

MBTI Type
ENFP
Enneagram
Instinctual Variant
sx/sp
Oh, and...

:thelook:
Umm...no?
Not at all, never?

More like - "You know you're an ENFP when you can't help sympathizing with the really messed-up serial killers - 'but he was abused as a child, kid never stood a chance...' - whilst simultaneously abhorring them and everything they stand for."

absolutely...despise them/their behavior and feeling really sad at the circumstances that made them that way...yep.

Moiety

MBTI Type
ISFJ
Interesting, motivation is bound up in some key parts of criminal law. There has to be both the actual crime, and the knowledge/intent to commit (mens rea).

Motivation... it's difficult to unwind from criminal awareness of the act.

Yes, that's how it is. What I meant was that : that is the reason why I don't think I could be a lawyer. Mens rea is so subjective. My strong P would enter a spiral of moral relativistic considerations and would be unable to get out.

I think the thing about ENFPs and that whole "seeking to be true to oneself" is that we are kind of moral perfectionists. We prefer not to risk a faulty moral judgement for fear of not being completely morally coherent. That's me anyways....that's why leading or judging people can be abhorrent an idea. The fear of being too imposing without certainties.

FantailedWall

MBTI Type
ENfP
Enneagram
4w5

Again - not exactly?
Can't speak for the ENFP community at large - but I see where rationality and logic play their part and are useful tools for life.
We are from a different planet though - one of idealists championing causes and shiny things!

(Sorry, sounds like I'm getting down on ya. Welcome anyhow :) )