• You are currently viewing our forum as a guest, which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community, you will have access to additional post topics, communicate privately with other members (PM), view blogs, respond to polls, upload content, and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free, so please join our community today! Just click here to register. You should turn your Ad Blocker off for this site or certain features may not work properly. If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us by clicking here.

[ENFP] You know you're an ENFP when...

stalemate

Post-Humorously
MBTI Type
ENFP
Enneagram
7w6
Ah yes, I feel truly at home. So many of the things I am reading here apply to me...

When your friends are amazed at just how much you adapt and almost change your personality to fit well with somebody else. It's incredibly disconcerting for them. I got the "But what do you Really feel?"'s for like a month.
I do this one a lot and I used to kind of beat myself up over it. I would realize I had adapted myself to someone, borderline mimicking them over the course of getting to know them. I would think... "am I truly being myself around this person?" and I was afraid I was being fake. Eventually I got over it though and realized that *is* who I am. It is a good feeling.

When you're walking down the street, and its as if your eyes just automatically lock on people. Ready to please, ready to adapt. Then you become aware of it, just how little control you have over yourself...and out of pride / panic try to focus on inanimate objects, like the surroundings. Wishing you could learn to "unhook" your attention from other people.
Yes!

stalemate

Post-Humorously
MBTI Type
ENFP
Enneagram
7w6
I have the same trouble with scrabble, I focus more on words than points, or try to make four words by putting down three tiles and stuff. Pretty much play around too much to win.
:yes:

stalemate

Post-Humorously
MBTI Type
ENFP
Enneagram
7w6
I am just learning about MBTI or Keirsey or whatever so I'm not sure if what I'm describing is stricly ENFP but I will throw one out there....

When someone tries to compliment you by saying that you are very persuasive but instead of taking it as a compliment, you worry that the other person felt coerced and you almost want to talk them out of whatever it was that you talked them into in the first place.

Nonsensical

MBTI Type
ENFP
Enneagram
I am just learning about MBTI or Keirsey or whatever so I'm not sure if what I'm describing is stricly ENFP but I will throw one out there....

When someone tries to compliment you by saying that you are very persuasive but instead of taking it as a compliment, you worry that the other person felt coerced and you almost want to talk them out of whatever it was that you talked them into in the first place.

don't worry! that is definitely something an ENFP would do. it'll drive you mad but it's just the way we are. :jew:

and it really goes back to the whole self-improvement process that is ALWAYS running. "Now what can I do to be better." "How can I be more effective." and so on and so forth. it's practical side (Ne and Te) working together.

gromit

likes this
How does the Ne + Te come out to be this constant urge toward self-improvement?

G

garbage

ahahahahaha

Esoteric Wench

Professional Trickster
MBTI Type
ENFP
Enneagram
7w8
You are a MAJOR FREAKING FLAKE and MAJORLY FREAKING HATE IT. And smack yourself like 10000000x when you flake; you totally feel bad for it and resolve never to do it again, only to flake again sometime the next week.

Hysterical. Sooooooooo true.

Esoteric Wench

Professional Trickster
MBTI Type
ENFP
Enneagram
7w8
When you can talk to anybody about anything at anytime.... This includes inanimate objects.

When you have people you've just met tell you what a special person you are... within five minutes of you meeting them.

When you give silly little pet names to all manner of things in your everyday life.

boondocked

MBTI Type
NP
Enneagram
4w3
Instinctual Variant
sx/so
When you park your car in the driveway but forget to turn it off and it's parked but on for the whole night and you are woken up the next day by a knock on your door that turns out to be the landlord asking if you meant to leave the car on all night and you don't think you'll ever be able to explain, so you opt instead to gather your dignity and say, with ringing confidence, "YES!"

Not like I'd know or anything. :rolleyes2:

Moiety

MBTI Type
ISFJ
When your friends are amazed at just how much you adapt and almost change your personality to fit well with somebody else. It's incredibly disconcerting for them. I got the "But what do you Really feel?"'s for like a month.

That's so foreign to me. Smells like Fe even.

Esoteric Wench

Professional Trickster
MBTI Type
ENFP
Enneagram
7w8
When you are absolutely obsessed with MBTI and talk about it with all your friends incessantly... to the point that you drive them crazy.

ilovereeses

MBTI Type
eNFP
Enneagram
9w8
when you look at your brother's elbow and claim that it looks like a dinosaur.

Emectar

MBTI Type
ENFP
When you charm the pants off everyone you ever meet effortlessly

When you wonder about ever finding true love and the meaning of the universe within a five minute span of being a total goofball and just screwing around

When you split up anything remotely boring with 3 hour facebook breaks

When you spend a huge amount of your time trying to discover the deepest secrets and ambitions of every person in the room

skylights

i love
MBTI Type
INFP
Enneagram
6w7
Instinctual Variant
so/sx
Bump_BushCadet_ChestBump.jpg

(BUMP)

this thread is AMAZING.

...In fact, you hardly see the point in shoes
:yes: i just like shoes if they are pretty or fun. screw them otherwise.

I can even feel sad hearing people calling an old chair ugly and useless and I just feel like taking it home with me and make it feel loved..... when it is really bad, I even feel really sad inside burning food :S
I do this all the time, I call it my "A Charlie Brown Christmas" complex, haha. Like how Charlie Brown gets the ugliest little Christmas tree out of sympathy and then everybody makes fun of him and talks about what an ugly little tree it is, but the whole time he never doubts its worth. I've never done this with an actual XMas tree, but everytime I go to the pumpkin patch I make sure to get the most disformed or unappealing to other people, pumpkin. It just truly breaks my heart seeing all of the sad, unwanted, little pumpkins that aren't going to get a home!:cry:
I HAVE TRULY FOUND MY PEOPLE :cry::heart::heart::heart:

When you break all the rules
and eventually you end up telling everyone, but you still get away with it :devil:

- when you have a collection of awkward introverts
:shock: wait, i... uh... yes. yes i do. i luvz them.

noigmn said:
noigmn: What are other ENFPs like at work? I'm always either staring at the ceiling, chatting to people and procrastinating, or solving problems faster than my boss believes possible. It must be strange for an employer having an ENFP because they seem to think, what is this idiot doing here if he doesn't want to work, then the next second you hand them the next four weeks work.
hehe exactly! or like... tell the boss an idea for streamlining everything so that the work required for the next 4 weeks is drastically reduced. :D

Nillerz said:
We really can beat NT's at analytical stuff. Good point, Noigmn

they are brilliant at automatically breaking things down and being consistent about their analyses, but we do have the gift of accounting for the extra human dimension. though as much as everyone tells me i should be a lawyer (and it sounds cool) i am afraid my F bits would end up sabotaging me :mellow:
====

anyway to add my own... you know you are an ENFP when:

- you can convince people of anything but sometimes halfway through you realize you're not really convinced yourself (and then feel guilty/unsure)
- you don't understand why everyone else doesn't think your epic world travelling plans are realistic
- when people spontaneously tell you really deep stuff about themselves
- when your posts are littered with emoticons
- you break into singing "the circle of life"

CzeCze

RETIRED
MBTI Type
GONE
When you start walking down the street and pass by a darkened shop and you see your reflection and just keep walking while admiring how sexy you are.

:yim_rolling_on_the_

Were you joking or serious? I usually think I look like a bum and go 'meh' when I see my reflection.

When you panic and then get angry at yourself for forgetting your phone AGAIN somewhere and make plans to backtrack to get it. Then 3 hours later realize it was in your pocket/purse all along. :doh: Then you lose it for real. But, it's okay because it was just under the bed and it got there when you took a nap in your clothes.

Gosh...this one makes us seem like slobs...nevermind, that NEVER happens to me. :halo:

Nonsensical

MBTI Type
ENFP
Enneagram
when you forget to wear a shirt and spend the whole day laxin' and fist bumping yuh bros.

targobelle

~*taaa raaa raaa boom*~
MBTI Type
enfp
giggles

when you read this thread and laugh and giggle and nod and giggle and giggle and oh yah GIGGLE

:wub:

skylights

i love
MBTI Type
INFP
Enneagram
6w7
Instinctual Variant
so/sx
Zellotath said:
That's so foreign to me. Smells like Fe even.

nah, NFP totally adapts to other people... i think we just don't realize because we feel like we're being authentically ourselves all the time. "ourselves" just happens to involve lots and lots and lots of (occasionally contradictory) facets lol

Nonsensical

MBTI Type
ENFP
Enneagram
nah, NFP totally adapts to other people... i think we just don't realize because we feel like we're being authentically ourselves all the time. "ourselves" just happens to involve lots and lots and lots of (occasionally contradictory) facets lol

Agreed, but some of it might have something to do with where your Te levels are at actually. Just the way I see it. Sytpg has a pretty high Te level, and I'd say mine is up there a little, which is why it seems foreign to him.