User Tag List

First 789101119 Last

MBTI
    ENFP
    Socionics
    ENFp

Quote Originally Posted by noigmn View Post
    there is an F in your personality type, but you can own most T types in strategic and analytical thinking.
    yep.

...you can't stay on topic.
    Freude, schöner Götterfunken Tochter aus Elysium, Wir betreten feuertrunken, Himmlische, dein Heiligtum! Deine Zauber binden wieder Was die Mode streng geteilt; Alle Menschen werden Brüder, Wo dein sanfter Flügel weilt.

MBTI
    Enfp
    Enneagram
    497 sx/so
    Socionics
    IEE Fi

...you can't stay on topic.
    I blame our natural brainstorming abilities *grin*
    ★ڿڰۣ✿ℒoѵℯ✿ڿڰۣ★

"Harm none, do as ye will”

`~~Philosoflying~~` SillySapienne's Avatar
    MBTI
    ENFP
    Enneagram
    4w5

there is an F in your personality type, but you can own most T types in strategic and analytical thinking.
    +1

`
    'Cause you can't handle me...

"A lie is a lie even if everyone believes it. The truth is the truth even if nobody believes it." - David Stevens

"That that is, is. That that is not, is not. Is that it? It is."

Veritatem dies aperit

Ride si sapis

Intelligentle sparkles

Quote Originally Posted by CaptainChick View Post
    +1

It's a pity most people who know us realise it though and sort of mistype us as thinkers. Though some you have to encourage not to bet against you for their own sake. I used to beat Dad at chess by reading how he made his moves and playing with his thinking. ie. rather than playing the best logical move, play his strategic blind spot. It was funny because his logical thinking is flawless and he is far higher IQ. It's sort of evil having that extra people element. Also winning poker when everyone thinks you are too drunk to concentrate, but you are still subconsciously learning how to play them and shaping their view of how they think you play. I think poker is one we are very at home with, because it is reading people's trends and playing percentages, two things our primary function does naturally.
    Freude, schöner Götterfunken Tochter aus Elysium, Wir betreten feuertrunken, Himmlische, dein Heiligtum! Deine Zauber binden wieder Was die Mode streng geteilt; Alle Menschen werden Brüder, Wo dein sanfter Flügel weilt.

MBTI
    ENFP
    Enneagram
    4w5

It's a pity most people who know us realise it though and sort of mistype us as thinkers. Though some you have to encourage not to bet against you for their own sake. I used to beat Dad at chess by reading how he made his moves and playing with his thinking. ie. rather than playing the best logical move, play his strategic blind spot. It was funny because his logical thinking is flawless and he is far higher IQ. It's sort of evil having that extra people element. And winning poker when everyone thinks you are too drunk to concentrate, but you are still subconsciously learning how to play them and shaping their view of how they think you play. I think poker is one we are very at home with, because it is reading people's trends and playing percentages, two things our primary function does naturally.
    Are you a male?
    `

"A lie is a lie even if everyone believes it. The truth is the truth even if nobody believes it." - David Stevens

Veritatem dies aperit

Ride si sapis

Intelligentle sparkles

Are you a male?
    yep. How does it differ with females? Probably less likely to get the thinker label, yeh? Social position as a guy pushes you that way a bit. Expressing the emotional side gets held back a lot, because it is more unusual for a guy in society and you see the effect when you do use it. ie. get the clingy nutter label, even though you are fully adaptable and ready to accept any truth that is there if people choose to be straight forward with you.

MBTI
    ENFP
    Enneagram
    4w5

I ask this because I think male ENFPs are more prone to use our people skills to their advantage, so to speak.

I am very good at reading people, but I cannot think of any scenario where I use this ability against them.

When I play chess I am really concentrated on the board and where the chess pieces are on the board, holistically, any strategy that I use is subconscious, but for a novice, I am pretty decent at it.

When I play Scrabble, however, I can be consciously strategic in my playing but usually prefer making the coolest words possible over making the words that would yield the most points.

I don't know if I have a highly developed Te or a good conversational memory, but when arguing/debating/discussing something with a group of people or a person one on one, I am quite good at staying on course, stating and clarifying my points, and keeping the exchanging of ideas organized.
    `

Veritatem dies aperit

Ride si sapis

Intelligentle sparkles

MBTI
    ENFP
    Enneagram
    4w5

yep. How does it differ with females? Probably less likely to get the thinker label, yeh?
    Hmm, ever since grade school I have been jokingly, and at times, not so jokingly called and accused of being some kind of lawyer.

I am a lover of logic, and have a deep respect and reverence for the Truth, I just happen to be quite passionate in my reception and expression of both.
    `

Veritatem dies aperit

Ride si sapis

Intelligentle sparkles

I ask this because I think male ENFPs are more prone to use our people skills to their advantage, so to speak.

I am very good at reading people, but I cannot think of any scenario where I use this ability against them.

When I play chess I am really concentrated on the board and where the chess pieces are on the board, holistically, any strategy that I use is subconscious, but for a novice, I am pretty decent at it.

When I play Scrabble, however, I can be consciously strategic in my playing but usually prefer making the coolest words possible over making the words that would yield the most points.

I don't know if I have a highly developed Te or a good conversational memory, but when arguing/debating/discussing something with a group of people or a person one on one, I am quite good at staying on course, stating and clarifying my points, and keeping the exchanging of ideas organized.
    It might be a social thing of growing up with sports and competition as a guy also. You sort of have places where it is okay to use it, and places where it is taking advantage and not part of the game.

I have the same trouble with scrabble, I focus more on words than points, or try to make four words by putting down three tiles and stuff. Pretty much play around too much to win.

I keep focussed when needed also. So yeh, debating I probably go the same way.