User Tag List

12 Last

MBTI
    INFJ

Default ENFJs, I need some advice please!

I'm giving my college professors who have meant something to me a Christmas gift and a thank you letter. I got them a mug with hot chocolate mix and an ornament. (They both LOVE chocolate.)

Of course, the most meaningful part is the letter that goes with it. I happen to know that my choir director is an ENFJ and I was trying to think of what to write in her letter. I decided to share what I've come up with and ask for your input. This is especially important to me because I want to make a good impression. I loved the two choirs I'm in so much that I'm planning on taking both every semester until I graduate. I am still quiet and shy in class (but she has been soooo patient and encouraging) because I barely know anyone and singing in a choir with strangers makes me feel vulnerable (but I still enjoy it). I do laugh a lot and my facial expressions (often unintentionally) let people know exactly what I'm thinking. I just want to make sure I get the message across clearly because this is the means of communication I'm most comfortable with.

"Dr. ______,
    I hope you have a wonderful Christmas! I feel so blessed to have you for a choir director. You are truly outstanding! I have really enjoyed being in choir again. You make it fun, challenging, and engaging. I am grateful for your continued patience and encouragement because it has helped me grow tremendously. Even if you don't hear it often, I hope you realize how much of an impact you make. Thank you for all you do!

Love, ______"

MBTI
    ENFj

Well if I would receive that I would say that, that is pretty damn high praise.
    ENFJ 3W4

If you read this I am sorry to say that you just lost 5 seconds of your life that you wont be getting back.*

*Actual time may vary.

MBTI
    ENTJ
    Enneagram
    8w7 sx/so
    Socionics
    EIE

Have you graduated? If not, it might be taken as kissing ass in order to get somewhere, to say it bluntly.

Mightier than the tread of marching armies is the power of an idea whose time has come

MBTI
    INFJ

Quote Originally Posted by The Third Rider View Post
    Well if I would receive that I would say that, that is pretty damn high praise.
    Thank you for your input!

MBTI
    INTJ

Quote Originally Posted by LindseyLadybug View Post
    I'm giving my college professors who have meant something to me a Christmas gift and a thank you letter. I got them a mug with hot chocolate mix and an ornament. (They both LOVE chocolate.)

Of course, the most meaningful part is the letter that goes with it. I happen to know that my choir director is an ENFJ and I was trying to think of what to write in her letter. I decided to share what I've come up with and ask for your input. This is especially important to me because I want to make a good impression. I loved the two choirs I'm in so much that I'm planning on taking both every semester until I graduate. I am still quiet and shy in class (but she has been soooo patient and encouraging) because I barely know anyone and singing in a choir with strangers makes me feel vulnerable (but I still enjoy it). I do laugh a lot and my facial expressions (often unintentionally) let people know exactly what I'm thinking. I just want to make sure I get the message across clearly because this is the means of communication I'm most comfortable with.

"Dr. ______,
    I hope you have a wonderful Christmas! I feel so blessed to have you for a choir director. You are truly outstanding! I have really enjoyed being in choir again. You make it fun, challenging, and engaging. I am grateful for your continued patience and encouragement because it has helped me grow tremendously. Even if you don't hear it often, I hope you realize how much of an impact you make. Thank you for all you do!

Love, ______"
    I think it's perfect just the way it is!

MBTI
    INFJ

Quote Originally Posted by YourLocalJesus View Post
    Have you graduated? If not, it might be taken as kissing ass in order to get somewhere, to say it bluntly.
    No, I haven't graduated. But aren't you an ENTJ? Perhaps an ENFJ would not take it that way. That is certainly not my intention plus I wouldn't really "get somewhere" because I'm a Deaf Ed major, not a Music major. I'm in choir for fun so there's nothing I would gain from this. I remember one time she mentioned to another teacher that she doesn't know if her students enjoy choir because no one ever tells her. I would want someone to tell me if what I put all my effort into meant anything. How would you word it? I'll take any help I can get.

MBTI
    INFJ

Quote Originally Posted by INTJMom View Post
    I think it's perfect just the way it is!
    Aw, thank you!

MBTI
    INFJ
    Enneagram
    9w1
    Socionics
    INFj

I think it's very sweet, I'm sure she'll love it. It sounds very much like something I'd write. I really love doing stuff like that.

MBTI
    INFJ

Quote Originally Posted by Silent Stars View Post
    I think it's very sweet, I'm sure she'll love it. It sounds very much like something I'd write. I really love doing stuff like that.
    Thanks! I love encouraging people, especially those whose service is taken for granted.

MBTI
    INFJ
    Enneagram
    9w1
    Socionics
    INFj

Same here. It really makes a difference, much more so than most people realize.