User Tag List

First 678910 Last

MBTI
    INFJ

Quote Originally Posted by WieldingTheSword View Post
    Yet the real me, I find, is much deeper, complex, anxious, and cynical of people than I let on. I am only real to a few close friends who have been able to see past my fakeness and call me out on it.
    Quote Originally Posted by dee View Post
    I am not trying to be fake it's more trying to be nice or socially acceptable. And maybe I'm worried that the real, just plain old, say whatever you want to say "me", won't be liked. So therefore I simply can't be me in front of everyone, cause I'm scared of rejection.
    Some ENFJs I know were appealing to me at first because of their charisma and friendliness. But I've never gotten a chance to observe them being completely real and open. (Though I'm sure there are people in their lives that they are close to and completely open with.) I do what I can...proving myself trustworthy, sensing their needs and stepping out to help, trying to show my feelings/sensitivity more so they can feel safe doing the same, etc. As a result, I have caught glimpses of their true selves and I think it's beautiful. The depth, complexity, and yes even the cynicalness and anxiousness are what make you guys unique and special. To an extent, I can relate to these internal characteristics.

I can tell when ENFJs are putting on a friendly face but suffering internally and it breaks my heart to watch. There are people who want to help and love you....but they can't if you're rarely ever being "you". Iím not saying the balance is easy to maintain because I know it's a very delicate balance, and I'm not saying that I have it all together and figured out because I don't. Iím just trying to offer some encouragement. You might be surprised by how many people would accept the real you if given the chance.

MBTI
    ENFP
    Enneagram

Hate to say it, but a few ENFJs that I know do this..there's this one, my dad's co worker who comes over on occasion, and she acts all mushy and lovey-dovey and treats me like a 5 year old, and they are always asking you if your "ok" and sometimes, it drives me nuts. but that's only a few of them I know. On the brightside, they do care, and can be there for you when you need it. I personally like ENFJs in general, despite a few things.
    Is it that by its indefiniteness it shadows forth the heartless voids and immensities of the universe, and thus stabs us from behind with the thought of annihilation, when beholding the white depths of the milky way?

MBTI
    eNFJ
    Enneagram
    4w3 sx/so
    Socionics
    eNFJ Ni

That's the thing - I don't relate to that "she was all mushy, lovey-dovey" angle. I'm not that way at all. In fact, my sister has to run me down and hug me once she's thrown me to the floor. The other ENFJ I know isn't mushy either. We both care very deeply about "our people", but public displays? No. We can be stand-offish and rigid and not know it.

I frequently feel as if I'm an INFJ being forced to live externally which can be excruciating.
    eNFJ 4w3 sx/so 468 tritype
    Neutral Good
    EII-Fi subtype, Ethical/Empath, Delta/Beta
    RLUEI, Choleric/Melancholic
    Inquistive/Limbic
    AIS Holland code
    Researcher: VDI-P
    Dramatic>Sensitive>Serious

MBTI
    IsTP

Quote Originally Posted by PinkPiranha View Post
    *smears Kendo with peanut butter and feeds him to the chickadees*
    You're sposed to HIDE the crazy
    http://www.typologycentral.com/forum...ml#post1161526

"They the type of cats who pollute the whole shoreline. Have it purified. Sell it for a $1.25"

MBTI
    ENFP

Very accurate! That's what I mean when I say that I'm open but nobody really knows me. Meaning that I can tell all sorts of stuff but I'm not really tellling anything about me. I can tell everybody facts about my life but I'm not still revealing myself. I'm letting only very, very, very few people to see inside of me (and I don't mean physically inside of me, )

Oh definitely. I couldn't agree more. It's funny because a friend of mine told me that I tend to talk around things without revealing any real personal information. Facts sure, but not too much more. Only to a select few.
    OmĖbaĖaraĖminayaĖsabaha
    4w5 sx/so/sp

MBTI
    INFJ
    Enneagram

Quote Originally Posted by LindseyLadybug View Post
    Some ENFJs I know were appealing to me at first because of their charisma and friendliness. But I've never gotten a chance to observe them being completely real and open. (Though I'm sure there are people in their lives that they are close to and completely open with.) I do what I can...proving myself trustworthy, sensing their needs and stepping out to help, trying to show my feelings/sensitivity more so they can feel safe doing the same, etc. As a result, I have caught glimpses of their true selves and I think it's beautiful. The depth, complexity, and yes even the cynicalness and anxiousness are what make you guys unique and special. To an extent, I can relate to these internal characteristics.

I can tell when ENFJs are putting on a friendly face but suffering internally and it breaks my heart to watch. There are people who want to help and love you....but they can't if you're rarely ever being "you". Iím not saying the balance is easy to maintain because I know it's a very delicate balance, and I'm not saying that I have it all together and figured out because I don't. Iím just trying to offer some encouragement. You might be surprised by how many people would accept the real you if given the chance.
    This was all very sweet, Lindsey .

MBTI
    INFJ
    Enneagram

Quote Originally Posted by soleil View Post
    Very accurate! That's what I mean when I say that I'm open but nobody really knows me. Meaning that I can tell all sorts of stuff but I'm not really tellling anything about me. I can tell everybody facts about my life but I'm not still revealing myself. I'm letting only very, very, very few people to see inside of me (and I don't mean physically inside of me, )

Oh definitely. I couldn't agree more. It's funny because a friend of mine told me that I tend to talk around things without revealing any real personal information. Facts sure, but not too much more. Only to a select few.
    YES YES YES, THIS IS IT EXACTLY! LOL. Every person pondering the ENFJ must read this. It will all make sense then!

MBTI
    INFP

So I'm wondering how it feels to be an ENFJ who feels a lot of responsibility to make others feel comfortable. Is it sometimes so much of a burden that one has to constantly look on top of things?
    "No ray of sunshine is ever lost, but the green which it awakes into existence needs time to sprout, and it is not always granted to the sower to see the harvest. All work that is worth anything is done in faith." - Albert Schweitzer

MBTI
    INFJ
    Enneagram

Quote Originally Posted by Anja View Post
    So I'm wondering how it feels to be an ENFJ who feels a lot of responsibility to make others feel comfortable. Is it sometimes so much of a burden that one has to constantly look on top of things?
    Yes. You constantly have it in your mind how everyone feels/is going to feel/felt about the situation and what you can do to make it all ideal. I guess I see it as a burden, but at the same time it is very much who I am so I am used to it. If it is truly taxing, I no longer even notice.

MBTI
    INFP

I was thinking more about "fakeness." A lack of authenticity doesn't have to mean manipulation or hidden agendas.

Sometimes it's a manifestation of a person's own confusion about who they are, what they need and therefor how they want to present themselves to the world. And, as so many uncomfortable feelings people project, they are contageous.

In a sense, we become uncomfortable around someone who isn't completely in touch with what their feelings are or what they want at the moment, because we become unsure of how to respond to what we see as unauthentic.
    "No ray of sunshine is ever lost, but the green which it awakes into existence needs time to sprout, and it is not always granted to the sower to see the harvest. All work that is worth anything is done in faith." - Albert Schweitzer